New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Actually it's not the fact that he tried outrunning a more powerful car that pisses me off. After all, only this year have I experienced a 2 liter. For the longest time, me and my family have always gone the 1.6 compact route. And mind you, our AE101 GLi has fought it off with much more powerful cars, Fortuners especially (tama nga siguro na madaming Fortuner driver na feeling King of the Road), and a few German and Swedish sedans.

It's the fact that he was such an ass for trying to not let us pass. It's against the freakin' law for goodness' sake.

Swerte nalang din siguro that I had the better car, or else baka nabangga pa ko dun sa oncoming car.
    And his pathetic late-turn-in-plus-understeer-plus-lamp-post experience was not really the car's fault. After all, all variants of the Mz3, be it a 1.6 or 2.0, sedan or hatch, have been documented to have good handling. Just an arrogant driver with no skills to match.

Oh and by the way, nakasabay na kami ng 2.0 na Mz3. Down Tagaytay and on to SLEX. He was pretty fast as there wasn't a clear chance to pass him down the curves, but not fast enough as to leave us behind. The highway part wasn't really spectacular, we both hit 160 at some point as we weaved through the slower cars.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Oh yeah the Mz3 2.0 driver wasn't a jerk. Mabilis lang.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    nagtataka ako sa mga ganyang driver, ang bagal pero pag nakitang may lalagapas sa kanila nagsasamabilis? ano yun ego?

i had a bad experience dyan sa STAR tollway, yung 1 lane each direction at counterflow talaga pag o-overtake (at speed of 120 to 140kph).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Sheesh another a-hole driver... The car isn't at fault here. I even pity the car for its obvious mis-use by the owner.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    nagtataka ako sa mga ganyang driver, ang bagal pero pag nakitang may lalagapas sa kanila nagsasamabilis? ano yun ego?
    oo nga... dami din yan dito sa EDSA... you signal para magchange lane kasi maluwag.. tapos biglang haharurot & bubusina ng mahaba.. utak ewan....!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Oh and by the way, nakasabay na kami ng 2.0 na Mz3. Down Tagaytay and on to SLEX.
    The highway part wasn't really spectacular, we both hit 160 at some point as we weaved through the slower cars.
    jut703, hope you could respect the SLEX speed limits next time. The drivers of the "slower" cars simply chose to follow the highway speed limits, and it does not mean their rides could not hit 160 as well, if they wanted to.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    jut703, hope you could respect the SLEX speed limits next time. The drivers of the "slower" cars simply chose to follow the highway speed limits, and it does not mean their rides could not hit 160 as well, if they wanted to.
    You speak as if I was referring to the other cars negatively by calling them slower. You see, it's a comparative adjective that was used in describing the motion of the other cars on the highway with mine. I never said that all the other cars could not reach 160. I was just describing my experience with a 2.0 Mz3 along the highway.

Funny how you're so keen to point out that I was over the speed limit, maybe you should check these out:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58109

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14237

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redeemed View Post
    oo nga... dami din yan dito sa EDSA... you signal para magchange lane kasi maluwag.. tapos biglang haharurot & bubusina ng mahaba.. utak ewan....!
    Gaano kaluwag? Usually i allot a space the size of a car as the distance. Then came this jerks na papasok ng yellow lane, haharurot, oovertake then kapag malapit na sila sa mmda bus stops bigla sisingit para bumalik sa labas ng yellowlane. Nakakainis lang yung magugulang na ganito na hindi marunong maghintay. Lahat naman ng tao gustong makarating sa pupuntahan ng maaga at hindi lang sila ang nagmamadali.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jerjer&qtqt View Post
    Gaano kaluwag? Usually i allot a space the size of a car as the distance. Then came this jerks na papasok ng yellow lane, haharurot, oovertake then kapag malapit na sila sa mmda bus stops bigla sisingit para bumalik sa labas ng yellowlane. Nakakainis lang yung magugulang na ganito na hindi marunong maghintay. Lahat naman ng tao gustong makarating sa pupuntahan ng maaga at hindi lang sila ang nagmamadali.
    around 1.5 - 2 cars behind.. slow to moderate traffic... i always experience this in private vehicles lane (EDSA).

ano condition ng traffic when you allot 1 car space? if it's slow to moderate, most likely other will come into your lane once in a while, specially if you near the yellow lane.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Iyan ang mahirap sa ibang mga drivers,- alam na nilang mag-o-overtake na at minsan ay delikado pa ang posisyon ng sasakyan nito,- ayaw pagbigyang makabalik sa linya kahit na maluwag naman ang kalye at puwede naman siyang mag-maintain ng 'mabagal' niyang speed o mag-menor man lang.... Utak ewan ko....

9101:thatsit:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Jerk Mazda 3 Driver