New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As me and my dad were on our way home from Eastwood around 2am and was entering the gates of our village, there was this truck that was clogging the 2 lanes of the main road of the village. Naturally, we overtook on the opposite lane as it was free.

However, on the way back to our side of the road, this blue Mazda 3 1.6S hatch started accelerating as we were returning. Consequently we had to stay on the opposite lane to avoid collision. However, there was an oncoming car so we had no choice but to gun it just to stay ahead of the Mz3 and get back in lane. Successfully we out-torqued the prick who apparently doesn't know that it's against the law to block a passing car.

As we turned left at the intersection after passing the Mz3, the hot-headed bastard decided to chase us. As we were approaching another left turn, we slowed a little to prepare for the turn. The douchebag thought it was his chance to pass us as he took the outermost lane of the road so we were side by side as we prepared to turn.

We were both travelling at around 40 kph entering the one-lane street, but we were in a better position for the turn. The dumbass thought he could beat us in to the corner as he turned in and braked later. The next thing I heard was pitiful tire screeching and as I looked back he was inches away from hitting the lamp post on the street corner.

Sadly I wasn't able to get his plate number, and only saw his front quarter and side view.

In foresight that he might be carrying a gun and had enough loose bolts in his head to continue chasing us up to our house, we decided to exit the village for a while and grab some fast food before finally heading home.

Lessons learned:
    i) There are jerks with driver's licenses that have too much ego
    ii) Their ego drives them to break road rules
    iii) Their driving skills are not necessarily directly proportional to their ego
    iv) Even the great chassis of the Mz3 cannot save a stupid driver from committing understeer.
    v) Driving skills on an adequate car beat jerk skills even with better suspension
    vi) The 1.6 Mazda 3 is dead slow.

To the Mazda 3 driver whom I hope is reading right now: Nothing beats the stumped look on your face as your ego took a big hit and your car was inches away from getting one too.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    The MZ3 driver might have been drunk that's why he acted that way. He might have lost a drag race.

Good thing you didn't go down of your car and confront that drifter-wannabe driver ... you said it, he might have a gun. :gun:

And, good thing too that you didn't went straight to your house.

to you TS. You have a presence of mind.

Sayang lang though, he didn't bump the lamp post while trying to outrun a 2.0V altis.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Buti nga sa kanya

'douchebag' hehehe. Haven't heard that in a while

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    vi) The 1.6 Mazda 3 is dead slow.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Hmn... it depends on the traffic situation and how you tried to return to your lane e. If the road's clear on your lane and you overtook him because he drove slowly, then he's an assohole.

However, kung mahaba-haba yung pila and the Mazda's been waiting there for his turn to move tapos you overtook several queued vehicles using the opposite lane and tried to return to your lane, magulang nga naman yun... nangyayari lagi yan sa service road sa bicutan and those kinds of drivers get to my nerves as well.

Although I wouldn't condone the way he acted after this incident-- he should have let well enough alone after you were able to return to your lane. What good will overtaking do? It proves nothing. It just showed everyone how dumb he is.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    The MZ3 driver might have been drunk that's why he acted that way. He might have lost a drag race.

Good thing you didn't go down of your car and confront that drifter-wannabe driver ... you said it, he might have a gun. :gun:

And, good thing too that you didn't went straight to your house.

to you TS. You have a presence of mind.

Sayang lang though, he didn't bump the lamp post while trying to outrun a 2.0V altis.
    With his supercar of a Mazda 3 1.6, no doubt he'd lose a drag race
    But in all honesty, I've always believed in the inherent torquey-ness of Mazda engines. Though I wouldn't expect the underpowered 1.6 to beat a 2.0 designed for quick, low-end acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Buti nga sa kanya

'douchebag' hehehe. Haven't heard that in a while
    The words just come when I try to describe him.

Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Hmn... it depends on the traffic situation and how you tried to return to your lane e. If the road's clear on your lane and you overtook him because he drove slowly, then he's an assohole.

However, kung mahaba-haba yung pila and the Mazda's been waiting there for his turn to move tapos you overtook several queued vehicles using the opposite lane and tried to return to your lane, magulang nga naman yun... nangyayari lagi yan sa service road sa bicutan and those kinds of drivers get to my nerves as well.

Although I wouldn't condone the way he acted after this incident-- he should have let well enough alone after you were able to return to your lane. What good will overtaking do? It proves nothing. It just showed everyone how dumb he is.
    There weren't any cars in front of him, and we overtook because we had to anyway since before his car, there was a truck trying to park and was clogging up the lanes on our side. So as we accelerated on the opposite lane avoiding the truck, it so happened that we were moving much faster that him so it was more logical to pass the Mz3 as well rather than slow down and get in behind him.

so, mz3 2.0 is a better choice talaga than sa 1.6....

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    AY : We will know if the TS, again encounters a jerk MZ3 driver. But now, the jerk is driving a 2.0R.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; January 9th, 2010 at 02:06 PM.

heheh.. ako din kasi naiinis sa mga ganyang driver, 1.0-below, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6L na kotse, mga 2.5L diesel na auvs..stock pa, kung umasta kala mo may bubuga sa xty ko...

hayaan nyu yun makakatagpo din yan ng katapat nya..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    heheh.. ako din kasi naiinis sa mga ganyang driver, 1.0-below, 1.3, 1.5, 1.6L na kotse, mga 2.5L diesel na auvs..stock pa, kung umasta kala mo may bubuga sa xty ko...
    xty? x-trail?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Jerk Mazda 3 Driver