New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    sorry guys, but i believe Otep and Mazdamazda are correct. it's a global rule of road courtesy to only use the leftmost lane of a highway as a passing lane, and to give way to faster vehicles, even if you're already driving the speed limit. i actually checked my Florida driver's handbook and sure enough, the rule is there.
    Agree. No question about this rule the leftmost lane is for passing only.

Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    it may only take a few seconds to pass on the right, but believe it or not, that's one of the more dangerous maneuvers to do on the highway. actually, impeding faster traffic is dangerous PERIOD. ever see a bunch of slow cars taking up all the lanes of a highway....guess what the faster drivers behind them start to do? they get impatient and start making all kinds of maneuvers to get by..
    Agree again, but I will not waste my time flashing the guy 'camping on the left lane' in front of me if the right is free for me to pass. I don't like irritating others just because I'm right. It's not me. I just try go my humble way and try (and pray) that I don't offend anyone.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Radical! View Post
    ...I will not waste my time flashing the guy 'camping on the left lane' in front of me if the right is free for me to pass...I just try go my humble way and try (and pray) that I don't offend anyone.
    Well, I hope the next cop who flags you down for passing on the right side, cuts you some slack for being such a nice guy. Really. :D

Last time I checked, it's still patently illegal. My co-worker's dad was recently apprehended for pulling that stunt on the SLEX, and he had to claim his license at the LTO main office in QC. Considering that he's living in Paranaque, that was such a hassle.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; August 9th, 2006 at 04:51 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Well, I hope the next cop who flags you down for passing on the right side, cuts you some slack for being such a nice guy. Really. :D
    You mean the nice cop who just passed me this morning on SLEX riding his sub 400 cc bike in that tiny lane on the right?

Yeah, really!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang sama ko pala, hehehe swapang ako sa daan minsan, i pass at the right side lane(bangketa)and flash a beam and hink as well, though i do it on a less aggressive way, though minsan pag naiirita ako, i aggressively honk pedestrian lalo na kung ala sila sa tamang tawiran, and when i beam, that woulod just mean mauna ako, selfish sobra sa daan...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    about dun sa pag-flash sa expressway thing... ang kinaiinis ko eh yun mga nag-flaflash ng ilaw nila sa likod mo kahit wala ka naman sa passing lane. tapos yun nag-change lane ng 3 lanes ng hindi man lang gumagamit ng signal light. muntik nako minsan nyan. strada yun ride. kundi ko naanticipate eh malamang gulong pareho sasakyan namin sa express. nakakainis din yun mga driver na akala mo nakikipag-karera sa express at grabe pa kung sumingit! akala mo ahas!

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Well, I hope the next cop who flags you down for passing on the right side, cuts you some slack for being such a nice guy. Really

You mean the nice cop who just passed me this morning on SLEX riding his sub 400 cc bike in that tiny lane on the right?

Yeah, really!
    balik na naman tayo sa simula! hehehe. just because everyone is doing it, kahit mali - tama na rin! now that is irritating!
    Last edited by konde; August 9th, 2006 at 11:08 PM. Reason: sorry for the qoutes. ayaw mag work nung "qoute+"

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It is always corteous to YIELD TO THE FASTER VEHICLE. Never mind if he is doing 110kph or 320kph, if you are (or me, in most cases) the slower vehicle, YIELD. Or at least show that you intend to yield at the next possible opportunity. As M54 has stated, impeding traffic is dangerous and is one of the leading causes of expressway pile ups (as it creates an 'artificial' traffic jam). Speeding vehicles, on the other hand, are usually just involved in one-car (themselves) crashes. And we couldn't care less if they rolled their flashy red sportcars into a ball of junk 2kms away.

I don't waste my time flashing other vehicles. I just spend a moment of my time to let them know that they are total menaces on the road.

I remember one of our drivers, a total left lane bandit. Galit na galit dun sa nagfa-flash sa likod niya. Ako pa tuloy ang nahiya. I already saw the vehicle do a corteous flash more than 5 carlengths away from where we were. Pero engot lang siguro talaga yung kasama ko. Ako pa nagsabi na itabi na niya.

Passing on the right (as already posted) is not only ILLEGAL, it is also DANGEROUS. Just because everyone's doing it, ok na siya. Ang problema tuloy, the drivers who do the right thing ang lumalabas pang kontrabida sa daan vs. the uneducated MASA.

That's why I take the time to report these violators (LEFT LANE BANDITS) when I chance upon NLEX HP units.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Agree again, but I will not waste my time flashing the guy 'camping on the left lane' in front of me if the right is free for me to pass. I don't like irritating others just because I'm right. It's not me. I just try go my humble way and try (and pray) that I don't offend anyone.
    fair enough, and i don't that's a bad thing.

but something has to be done to educate people (btw, not just pinoys...i think americans are even worse) who exhibit this kind of behavior because it's both inconvenient and dangerous to all motorists in general. maybe in the philippines, flashing is considered an a--hole move, but in some other countries it's done to signal someone that they are not doing the right thing (of course, i'm sure some people think i'm an a--hole when i do it, but what else is new :bwahaha: )

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    one of the irritating pinoy drivers' ugali is yung mag-counterflow sa traffic! lalo na sa kamias! tapos pag dating sa dulo ng intersection, ikaw pa ang gigitgitin! most of them, PUJ's! di ko alam kung mga bulag at bingi yung mga drivers na yun or they are born stupid!

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gigolo_smurf View Post
    one of the irritating pinoy drivers' ugali is yung mag-counterflow sa traffic! lalo na sa kamias! tapos pag dating sa dulo ng intersection, ikaw pa ang gigitgitin! most of them, PUJ's! di ko alam kung mga bulag at bingi yung mga drivers na yun or they are born stupid!
    they're not stupid. gusto lang talaga nila makaisa.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Irritating pinoy drivers' Ugali