New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the best thing that we should do when we hit somebody and you are afraid to go down because you might get stabbed or hit by bystanders is to go to the nearest police station or precint and report the incident so that they could come to the place of accident and maybe bring the person to the hospital or something.

and yes I did hit somebody before in purpose. they were drunk people walking in the middle of the road, I was in high school then, I was supposed to hit them with the side mirror only but since it was night time I hit them with the grille of our old ford F100 pick up. went around and looked for the guy, got mad at him for walking in the middle of the road, there were two of them. he said he was sorry gave him fifty bucks to have his arm massaged.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    for those asking, my incident happened along that road behind the airport that leads to Moonwalk Village.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er
    for those asking, my incident happened along that road behind the airport that leads to Moonwalk Village.
    That could be anywhere starting with Sucat Road. But, I'm thinking of that road which intersects with Naga Road in Pulang Lupa, Las Pinas. The road then leads to BF Resort Village and to the interior towards Moonwalk Village. The other roads are part of the BF Homes network. You mentioned squatters. So, it would be in the vicinity of Naga Road. They've had squatters there for decades. I used to ride my 10-speed all over that area and down to Queen's Row. So, I kinda scoped out all the convenient shortcuts before they existed. But, I wouldn't want to be caught there (near Naga Road) after dark because of the drunk street-corner toughs.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 21st, 2006 at 11:10 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Never happened to me before and hoping i would never encounter this situation for the rest of my life pero kung nakabangga ako ng bata eh bababa ako at tutulungan ko yun bata. whatever reasons you have, kahit na yun bata pa ang may kasalanan eh kailangan mo tulungan dahil baka may chance pa na mabuhay..... isipin nyo na lang na kung sa kapamilya mo nangyari yun, sa asawa, anak or ikaw ang mabundol tapos takbuhan ka rin. natural lang na matakot ka sa mangyayari sa yo dahil lahat naman ng nakabangga eh ganun ang nararamdaman pero ang takbuhan mo yun nabundol mo eh gawain lang ng mga duwag...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    haven't hit a person. i hope i never will.

but last week, while taking my girl home at around 1 AM, I was coasting along doing around 50-60 kph when a dog, at the very last moment, decides to suddenly cross the road . I couldn't brake or even swerve in time. I hit the dog with a sickening crunch and it goes underneath my car. i hear it yelp then wala na...

I didn't stop and went on. 10 minutes later driving back at the exact same spot, wala na yung aso. mukhang kinuha na ng mga tambay.

damage to my car? misaligned yung front bumper that was fixed immediately.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er
    Kwento ko lang my experience. I was driving through a busy street in an area na maraming squatter. Mga 35kph takbo. As I was completing my turn on the curved portion of this street, this kid who was facing the other way suddenly bolts righy across my path..and I was only 4-5 feet away! The moment I saw her make like she was going to cross in front of me, I braked HARD. Napa screech pa nga tires ko (even with ABS). The brakes were not strong enough so I hit her as she was crossing. She was hit sa passenger side pa lang (bale, she was hit not more than 2 steps into the street). Upon hitting her, I saw her bend over my hood then fly around 4-5 feet away when the car was able to stop. I sat there in shock for around 3 seconds...then I saw her stand up and run away. Right after that, I pulled myself together and took off like it was Dodge City.

Now, assuming the girl did not stand up and run away..I could have done the ff:

1. take off pa rin
    2. go down and take her to the hospital

Thinking back, I would say that I would probably take off. The area was infested with squatters, and going down there would probably not achieve any good dahil mabubugbog lang ako dun.

What do you think should be done in this situation?
    "Preservation of Human Life" - this is an important thing that every responsible driver should think. Fleeing the accident scene without extending any help for the victim could get you into a lot more trouble than you think. You assumed that you would be lynched but the question is: was there a mob in the first place? I will agree with you to "take off" if your life is in imminent danger but based on your story, you just assumed that it was.

Putting the scene on the other shoe, what would you have thought or done if it was your child that had that accident? We should all be responsible for our actions as law abiding citizens.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    thankfully, haven't hit a person yet. and i hope i never will.

pero just in case mangyari man, yes definitely my default action will be to take the victim to the hospital. depende na lang sa assessment ko ng surroundings kung may immediate/imminent danger ba sa akin from relatives at mga tambay(i.e. di ka pa nakakababa parating na sila with baseball bat, bolo, baril, etc.), in which case kung meron man, i'll just proceed to the nearest police station and ask their help para mapuntahan agad yong victim, kahit yong sasakayan ko na lang ulit gamitin pabalik basta may kasamang pulis.

pero thinking about it, kung mabaliktad naman ang situation at somebody close to me yong nabangga, my first instinct would probably to take the victim to a hospital, and would welcome the suspect's assistance in taking the victim to the nearest hospital.
    magugulpi ko lang siguro yong nakabangga kung mag-a-attempt pa syang tumakas o sisihin pa yong victim. kung fatal naman agad yong accident, ibang usapan na yon....something i'd rather not delve into.
    Last edited by swordsman; July 21st, 2006 at 12:32 PM.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sir Dehadista, that's a roadkill probably ended up as pulutan if it ever survived. We were coasting along the Virginia highway when we hit a deer head on. They usually just freeze over staring directly at your headlights just minutes away before impact. We were able to swerve but hit the torso part instead forcing the whole body to spin around and hit the left fender and tire. Good thing maliit pa yung antlers or else major major damage. Buhay pa yung deer but the law forbades you to touch it, and if ever you runover one, you must continue to drive along and must contact a hotline number. Probably someone ala cleaner will check and finish the job Similar ghastly thing happened when we were driving along Sydney's bushland. But this time a joey (a baby kangaroo) and of course it won't survive a 4X4 bull bar. It is an offence if you place even an injured one on your vehicle. Leave it to the rangers or worst feral wildlife. Now people aren't roadkill candidates so don't treat them as such.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman
    magugulpi ko lang siguro yong nakabangga kung mag-a-attempt pa syang tumakas o sisihin pa yong victim. kung fatal naman agad yong accident, ibang usapan na yon....something i'd rather not delve into.
    This is the type of attitude that kept me from going outside to help (not that I could help, tumakbo na eh. No way ko yun hahabulin).

Some people ought to know that sometimes, it is the pedestrian's fault... fatal accident or not.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    In my case not a direct hit. I was making a slow u-turn after dropping off my wife to office when a tricyle appeared and hit the edge of my front right fender. My front bumper scratched the legs of the person riding at the back of the driver. Naibalik ko din pagakamis-align nung bumper despite the gasgas and dent on my fender and then while I was trying to find out what's broken with the person's foot during the collision, nilayasan kami nung tricycle driver. Natakot siguro dahil sa bangga nya sa bumper ko. Mukhang walang din namang pera kasi binatilyo pa yung mokong...I doubt also kung may lisensya yun. Then I spent almost 1000 for the xray and medicines of the person. Hanggang ngayon hinahanap ko pa rin yung sh*thead na yun when passing by my wife's office.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Ever hit a person?