New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i hit a guy once. he was crossing the street but looking in the wrong direction as he went across and he kinda jogged out from behind a stopped bus. nothing i could do but slam on the brakes - good thing i wasn't going more than 20 mph.

we (my uncle and i) brought him to the hospital and he was released with nothing more than a prescription for some painkillers. disente naman siya, and he acknowledged it was his fault for running out like that. so i think i was lucky not to get sued or milked for money.

actually, the person who was in total shock was my uncle. i found out that day that he once tried to stop for a pedestrian and hit the gas instead of the brake...he ended up hurting the guy so badly that his legs had to be amputated. i guess the incident brought back memories of one of the worst times of his life...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    never pa nagyari sakin to and i pray sana hindi ako makabangga ng kahit na ano...

pero ako ilang beses nahit ng bike.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    once nangyari na rin sakin yung 'modus operandi' na sinasabi. vagrant sya sa taft ave., pa menor nako dahil sa traffic light when suudenly this taong grasa walking on the center island suddenly went down and forced his body on the fender of my car. nung wala akong ginawa, bigla na lang tumayo at humingi ng barya. hindi ko na lang pinansin and i drove off as the light turned green.

in short, i did not hit the guy. he hit my car.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Pag nasa squatter's area me, less than 20 kph takbo ko.

I think nakwento ko na dito in some other thread. Sometime 1992, while idling at a stoplight (at a busy intersection, no less), some s**t of a doddering lola walked right into the side of our then new minivan. Exacto pag-bangga nya samin, biglang lumabas bantay nya ready mag-mulct. Cost us P500 cuz we were in a hurry for some event I can't remember.

Swerte sila nagmamadali kami, kung hindi I would have had the distinct pleasure of watching em beg to get out of jail.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by onedayoldchick
    me, i was drunk. driving at around 65kph mc arthur hi way. diko nakita yung naka motor. walang ilaw. inovertake ko yung truck sa shoulder pagbalik sa lane. may motor pala na ilaw. diko gano nakita nasa blind side kasi. (yung bakal na naghahawak sa roof) mabilis pangyayari. tumama ulo sa hood tumilapon ang motor at ang matandang naka motor. nagstall yung engine ewan bakit nagstall. tapos start ko ulit. dalawa tumakbo sa icip ko. tatakbo ako or dadalin sa hospital ang injured. sa sobrang takot tumakbo ako. nahuli din ako sa may intersection kasi agad nakapag check point. yari ako hehe... may nakapagsumbong pala agad. ang bilis ng check point.
    wow, drunk driving, driving sa shoulder, leaving the scene...you're lucky you're not in the US, you'd be in jail for a long time. i hope he was alright.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er
    Kwento ko lang my experience. I was driving through a busy street in an area na maraming squatter. Mga 35kph takbo. As I was completing my turn on the curved portion of this street, this kid who was facing the other way suddenly bolts righy across my path..and I was only 4-5 feet away! The moment I saw her make like she was going to cross in front of me, I braked HARD. Napa screech pa nga tires ko (even with ABS). The brakes were not strong enough so I hit her as she was crossing. She was hit sa passenger side pa lang (bale, she was hit not more than 2 steps into the street). Upon hitting her, I saw her bend over my hood then fly around 4-5 feet away when the car was able to stop. I sat there in shock for around 3 seconds...then I saw her stand up and run away. Right after that, I pulled myself together and took off like it was Dodge City.

Now, assuming the girl did not stand up and run away..I could have done the ff:

1. take off pa rin
    2. go down and take her to the hospital

Thinking back, I would say that I would probably take off. The area was infested with squatters, and going down there would probably not achieve any good dahil mabubugbog lang ako dun.

What do you think should be done in this situation?
    Think like, what if that kid was your sister.?
    I can't believe some driving behaviors here after reading this thread.
    Regardless who they are, they are HUMAN.
    When i was in 'Pinas 8 years ago, i was driving in a congested alley ( squatter's area as some people calls it,) suddenly , boom ! so bumaba ako, found out laki ng yupi sa passenger side, sinipa ng lasing. One of my passenger was armed, wanted to blast the drunk head off, certainly im not a nice guy but man, this is just a ****ing car, and nothing else. And well, that guy could have been a productive citizen by now , we never know...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ako hindi pa nga nakakatama ng tao eh. Splash lang, hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Thankfully hindi pa other than hitting arms with side mirrors.

May mga makukulit kasi na naglalakad na nakatingin sa likod. at diagonal ang direksyon ng lakad. Meron din naman mga bigla na lang e-ekis ng lakad habang dumadaan ka. Wala na tayo magagawa.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    you are thereby,under the court of law you are arrested and guilty from running away the accident scene.! please remain at your home and we will arrest you shortly there after.! Your offensed is meted by 15 to life under the
    muslim law!.

boss, biro lang! peace out!. okay lang ginawa mo, you runaway like hell. tumakbo ka na lang kung hindi naman masyado nagasgas ung bata. isa pa hindi mo na naman pala kasalanan. syang me kasalanan dahil hindi cya tumitingin bago tatawid.

kung naging kasalanan mo man siguro. siguro mas maganda dalhin mo
    kaagad sa clinic para malapatan agad ng lunas. delikado rin kung tatayo
    ka doon sa scene. baka dumating pang isang batalyon nyang mga kamag anak at pinagtulungan ka nila. alam mo na kasi mentality ng tao sa tin. kahit hindi mo kasalanan bubugbugin ka nila.

minsan, nangyari din sa akin yan. nagda-drive ako siguro mga 20kph.
    maya-maya, meron mga teen ager naghahabulan. maya maya ung isang
    teen ager biglang tumakbo sa harapan at tumama sa tagiliran ng oto ko. bumanga sya mismo sa tagiliran ko, buti na lang hindi ako mabilis kaya hindi rin sya masyadong nasaktan. hindi naman nayupi ung oto ko. tapos lumayo lang sila, dahil alam nila kasalanan nya.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er
    What do you think should be done in this situation?
    I would've stopped and taken the girl to the hospital. I may get "bugbog sarado". THAT will pass. The guilt in my conscience (if she had died and I ran away) will stay with me throughout my life.

Interesting because after I returned here (from the Philippines) in 1985, I got a job right away in a plant which was a 30-minute commute. I car-pooled with several Pinays who worked at the same plant. One early morning (4 am) we were a mile from work when the Pinay driver (and a friend of my Mom) dozed off on the wheel and hit another employee who was walking to work. No happy endings here. The van I was riding was doing 50 mph. The guy was tossed to the side like a rag doll and killed instantly on impact. I was awake just enough to see the body fly past. The driver was begging me to tell her that she hit a coyote. But, I calmly told her that's no coyote she hit. She stopped and ran to take a look at what we hit. When she fell on her knees, we all realized the magnitude of what just happened.

She called the cops and stayed with the body while we walked the last mile to work. She ended up settling out of court. But I imagine the guilt stayed with her afterwards because she quit working and became a recluse.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 21st, 2006 at 07:28 AM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Ever hit a person?