New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    sharing the news too...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/81221

Car owner shoots dead carjacker in QC

MANILA - A suspected carjacker was shot and killed by an armed car owner in La Loma district, Quezon City on Monday night.

Chief Inspector Richard Fiesta of the Quezon City Police District Station 1 identified the slain suspect as Redentor Fajardo, a resident of Barangay Subic, Baliuag in Bulacan province.

Fiesta said Fajardo and three other armed carjackers forcibly took a Nissan Ford Explorer from its owner on Sta. Catalina Street, La Loma.

The car owner, who requested not to be named, said he was about to drive his vehicle into their garage when Fajardo and three other gunmen appeared.

He said his wife handed over to him his clutch bag containing his firearm right after their vehicle was forcibly taken. He said he chased the carjackers on board his own vehicle and killed Fajardo in a shootout.

Fajardo was still slumped near the Ford's driver's seat when found by policemen. His companions were able to escape.

Seized from Fajardo were a cellular phone, .45 caliber pistol, a two-way radio and a fake police identification card.

Police said Fajardo's group was also involved in several carjacking incidents in Quezon City. [SIZE=1]With a report from Doland Castro, ABS-CBN News[/SIZE]
    sa owner... tapang.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KERSMcRae View Post
    sharing the news too...

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/print/81221

Car owner shoots dead carjacker in QC

sa owner... tapang.
    Galing ng mag asawa... may presence of mind...

3. EQAddict Guest
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...d-carjacker-qc

I wonder if the other carnappers will try to get revenge on him?

Having said that, he has done the world a good and brave deed.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/me...d-carjacker-qc

I wonder if the other carnappers will try to get revenge on him?

Having said that, he has done the world a good and brave deed.

good job! nakatyempo sila ng may baril, haha, malas lang nila.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Good that the media respected the car owner's request not to broadcast his identity. I didn't know there was a Nissan Ford Explorer...

Fiesta said Fajardo and three other armed carjackers forcibly took a Nissan Ford Explorer from its owner on Sta. Catalina Street, La Loma.

The car owner, who requested not to be named, said he was about to drive his vehicle into their garage when Fajardo and three other gunmen appeared.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Good that the media respected the car owner's request not to broadcast his identity. I didn't know there was a Nissan Ford Explorer...

^^^ Oo nga....

Nakakita sila ng katapat......

9000:snowfight1:

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Naku,this is what we've been talking about in a Progun site... is this hero criminally liable?

If he can prove that they were trying to shoot him while they were driving off with his car, then he is justified in shooting them back.

If he fired the first shot while they were trying to get away from the scene, then he is liable, and he needs a good lawyer.

I've learned that after shooting someone, even if you claimed they were criminals, the relatives can still sue you. In order to extricate yourself from this mess, you must prove that you had to kill the victim because you were defending yourself or your relative. The law does not allow the taking of a life in defense of properties.

Section 1 of Article 11 of Chapter 2 of the Revised penal code states that, in defense of self:
    Art. 11. Justifying circumstances. — The following do not incur any criminal liability:

1. Anyone who acts in defense of his person or rights, provided that the following circumstances concur;

First. Unlawful aggression.

Second. Reasonable necessity of the means employed to prevent or repel it.

Third. Lack of sufficient provocation on the part of the person defending himself.
    If any one of these conditions is not met, then you have an incomplete case of self-defense and may be held liable. So you better get a good lawyer.

Pag tumakas na kasi yung carnappers, then you are not in immediate danger.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May precedent case ito. I dunno kung may verdict na. Yung case ni Sonny Parsons na pinasok yung bahay niya tapos hinogtied sila. Noong umalis na yung AKYAT BAHAY, nakawala sa tali si Sonny Parsons at hinabol yung mga nanloob. Napatay nya yung isa. Self defense ang reason ni ex-Hagibis member. Si Alfredo Lim yata ang kinuha nyang abogado.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by praetor91313 View Post
    Naku,this is what we've been talking about in a Progun site... is this hero criminally liable?

I've learned that after shooting someone, even if you claimed they were criminals, the relatives can still sue you. In order to extricate yourself from this mess, you must prove that you had to kill the victim because you were defending yourself or your relative. The law does not allow the taking of a life in defense of properties.

If any one of these conditions is not met, then you have an incomplete case of self-defense and may be held liable. So you better get a good lawyer.

Pag tumakas na kasi yung carnappers, then you are not in immediate danger.
    Only in the Philippines, you're liable for the criminal's life even when they're running away with your property. The law-abiding citizens always get screwed by screwed up laws made by screwed-up lawmakers...
    Last edited by Monseratto; December 8th, 2009 at 12:09 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A gunless society just makes us all potential victims of robbers and thieves.

Even in UK where there is nearly no guns and video cams everywhere, criminality is still everywhere.

An armed society is a polite society.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Car owner kills Carnapper !