New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Just to be clear i'm not exonerating the blame on my end as some people are insinuating. I'm trying to establish whether the fault was purely mine or whether it's contributory on both our parts. I'm waiting on actual footage to establish speed and whether he made any move to avoid the accident. As per dash cam footage I only have the following sequence of events to base it on.

I'm at intersection 6oclock planning to turn 9oclock, about 7-8 cars away away from the intersection I slow down from 41kph to 20 kph, when I see a bicycle enter the box about 3 cars away. I slow down to 10kph.

As i traverse this road to work 5 times a week, it's a familiar route to me and I know it's a legal right turn with caution, as I've seen the MMDA motion me and other cars to turn thousands of times already. Other than the bike the intersection is clear, so i nose into the intersection to turn right following the bicycle. It's at this point that the bicycle decides to switch from second lane to first and stop, so i enter the second lane instead.

About four seconds after i'm halfway in the intersection and nearly completed my turn, a motorcycle coming from 3oclock going straight to 9oclock hits me from behind at an angle, ramming into my front left fender. At this point i am already very nearly straight. The motorcycle seems to be veering slightly right on footage, although i can't be sure, since as i've mentioned, the motorcycle falls on it's right side.

I was unaware that 60kph is the speed limit, since as far back as i remember it's 40,unless i'm on commonwealth or other streets where the signs explicitly say 60.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ^Clearer.

The bicycle is also entering the crossing from 6 o'clock. The outer lane from 9 o'clock is free and you gave yourself a sure go. Hindi mo pinansin yung MC na nasa inner lane kasi free naman yung outer.

Your instinct to switch lane to avoid the bicycle is sudden without noticing the in-coming MC at the inner lane. Boom! May be hindi ka pa "almost parallel" kaya sa front fender sya tumama.

Nakapagpreno yung MC pero inabot ka pa rin. Outbalance na lang sya kaya sa right bumagsak. Hindi effect ng impact.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Actually the bicycle came from 3oclock, he switched lanes as soon as I let him pass. Last I checked there was nothing behind the bike and in the box.

2nd lane isn't the innermost Lane s it's a 4 lane road..

I'm still trying to get access to the footage to establish the actual course of events. Because afaik box was clear before I nosed in.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    sa totoo lang.
    na-guguluhan ako sa salaysay si TS.
    either pa-iba-iba ang kuwento niya, or pa-iba-iba ang pagka-intindi ko.
    nung una, "bike".
    nung sumunod, may "mc" na.
    at saka, yung "o'clock-o'clock"... hindi ko na tuloy ma-intindihan kung sa kanan nang-galing ang alin, o sa kaliwa pa-punta ang ano.
    in his first entry, he says he's turning right. but in entry # 41, he says he's at 6 o'clock, planning to turn to 9 o'clock (to the left?).

ano ba talaga?
    Last edited by dr. d; June 23rd, 2017 at 08:02 AM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    "I'm at intersection 6oclock planning to turn 9oclock, about 7-8 cars away away from the intersection I slow down from 41kph to 20 kph, when I see a bicycle enter the box about 3 cars away. I slow down to 10kph."

kaya maraming nalilito, ang point of reference mo is 6 o'clock which is going south right? and your 9 o'clock means you're turning right, right? fyi, when you use the clock, you should use 12 o'clock as your point of reference which is where you are facing (your true north in other terms) so, when you say you're turning at 3 o'clock, it means you're turning right.... at this instance while you suddenly swerved to the left to avoid the bicycle who also suddenly swerved to the right, a motorcycle coming from your left (9 o'clock this time, 12 o'clock reference, remember?) hit your left front fender and the motor with the rider fell on his right side (not the right side of your car), paki correct na lang kung mali analogy ko...
    Last edited by box_type; June 23rd, 2017 at 10:02 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    If may illustration sana, mas madali maintindihan. Do a sketch on paper, then take a photo. It does not need to be pretty.

Sent from my ASUS_Z010D using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddlord11 View Post
    Just to be clear i'm not exonerating the blame on my end as some people are insinuating. I'm trying to establish whether the fault was purely mine or whether it's contributory on both our parts. I'm waiting on actual footage to establish speed and whether he made any move to avoid the accident. As per dash cam footage I only have the following sequence of events to base it on.

I'm at intersection 6oclock planning to turn 9oclock, about 7-8 cars away away from the intersection I slow down from 41kph to 20 kph, when I see a bicycle enter the box about 3 cars away. I slow down to 10kph.

As i traverse this road to work 5 times a week, it's a familiar route to me and I know it's a legal right turn with caution, as I've seen the MMDA motion me and other cars to turn thousands of times already. Other than the bike the intersection is clear, so i nose into the intersection to turn right following the bicycle. It's at this point that the bicycle decides to switch from second lane to first and stop, so i enter the second lane instead.

About four seconds after i'm halfway in the intersection and nearly completed my turn, a motorcycle coming from 3oclock going straight to 9oclock hits me from behind at an angle, ramming into my front left fender. At this point i am already very nearly straight. The motorcycle seems to be veering slightly right on footage, although i can't be sure, since as i've mentioned, the motorcycle falls on it's right side.

I was unaware that 60kph is the speed limit, since as far back as i remember it's 40,unless i'm on commonwealth or other streets where the signs explicitly say 60.
    Nalito ako sa o'clock o'clock na direction na iyan a... Relative kasi iyan sa iyong posisyon....

Basta sa amin, pag may nakita kaming magandang tsikas sa restaurant at nakaraharap kami sa kanya,- bubulong na ang isa,- "Pare, 12 o'clock"....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.9K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Nalito ako sa o'clock o'clock na direction na iyan a... Relative kasi iyan sa iyong posisyon....

Basta sa amin, pag may nakita kaming magandang tsikas sa restaurant at nakaraharap kami sa kanya,- bubulong na ang isa,- "Pare, 12 o'clock"....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.9K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    "pare... terminator aka boyfriend at 9 o'clock! mag-6 o'clock na tayo!"
    Last edited by dr. d; June 23rd, 2017 at 08:48 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Kaya I am wearing a digital watch kasi nalilito ako sa analog

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Oo nga, magulo yan o'clock o"clock na yan. Gawin natin degreas of an angle. 180 degrees, 90 degrees etc...hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast