New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Not dark at all sir i can be seen from outside right print your face against the glass, and this was 7am in the morning, good visibility all around..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it would appear, you were way ahead of the bike.
    it seems to me, the biker saw you, but despite enough time and distance, did not do anything to avoid you.
    so, what's the problem?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it would appear, you were way ahead of the bike.
    it seems to me, the biker saw you, but despite enough time and distance, did not do anything to avoid you.
    so, what's the problem?
    Same conclusion. Even if he hit the left side of your car (the bike's right side) it is both possible for him to fall either left or right side.

Are you trying to know who is at fault or who is lying?

If you have insurance let them handle it. If you can prove, via your dash cam, of your speed, you can contest and prove police authorities you are the aggrieved party.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Well 2 problems

I was making a legal right turn on red and the mc is arguing he had absolute right of way because he was green

And 2 I entered the second lane as a bicycle that had just passed by decided to suddenly switch to the outermost lane

He's done an estimate for about 40% the cost of a brand new bike of the same model, my own mechanic perused the job order and theorizes he may have hit me on purpose because based on his opinion, the damages sustained on the job order are possibly but unlikely attributed to the bike falling onto it's side. He's suspecting the bike may have had pre existing damage and is looking for a way to cover previous damages. That's why I'm asking if he could've been moving to the right instead of avoiding me to force a collision.

Thanks for the input everyone! Much appreciated!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the canvass na if meron cctv na naka tutok sa impact location?

pwede kaya pacheck ang Mc rider history? baka puro sya violation...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    I was making a legal right turn on red and the mc is arguing he had absolute right of way because he was green
    Ang nakikita kong sign sa mga intersections is "turn right when clear with caution'. Meaning, ikaw ang yield. Right of way ang traffic from 9 o'clock.

The same reason that some intersections have the sign "no right turn on red".

7. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    I did yield, if not I wouldn't have been at the point where I was almost parallel to the road already.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddlord11 View Post
    Well 2 problems

And 2 I entered the second lane as a bicycle that had just passed by decided to suddenly switch to the outermost lane
    there, umamin ka din. you did not see him coming and you failed to yield. you were even in the 2nd (innermost) lane. he was green, you were on red making a right turn. case closed.

doctrine of whatever no longer applicable as what some shyster here said. it was overturned many years ago in the sc, so we were told. i may be wrong though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    50 meters is not enough for an mc to stop or change course if he was going the legal speed of 60 kph (city speed limit). you have to take that in consideration when dealing with motorbikes, that their stopping distances are further than 4 wheeled sedans equipped with abs/ebd/ abcdefg. don't judge other vehicles according to the specs of your car. especially if they are 18-wheelers with 30 tons of trailer behind. or for this matter, a 2-wheeled motor.
    Last edited by yebo; June 22nd, 2017 at 10:18 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddlord11 View Post
    I did yield, if not I wouldn't have been at the point where I was almost parallel to the road already.
    no you did not. if you did then you would'nt be there. if you did yield you would still be at the corner waiting for traffic to safely pass.
    Last edited by yebo; June 22nd, 2017 at 10:20 AM.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast