New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    wow! tindi pala ng presyo ng lc! ngayon ko lang nakita sa sulit.
    eh di doc otep yung nacarnap na lc ng red cross milyones din yun?
    napansin ko lang din, simple nga ng dash kahit newer models.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A brand new 70 series is still close to 3m despite feeling like older than a mitsu L300. Hehe

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    A brand new 70 series is still close to 3m despite feeling like older than a mitsu L300. Hehe
    wow! ganda nga ng 70 series type ko mga klassik! but if it's almost 3M i'd rather have a defender. much classy lookin classic! ala kuya kim.

naalala ko tuloy yung defender na nakatabi ko sa tutuban. kaka-titig ko nasagi ko tuloy. buti side mirror lang.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Baka kung nagpagod ng konti para mag-upload ng ibang pix yung sulit seller, di siya kaagad nahalata. Tsk tsk!

Plug and Play na yung pagtamper sa digital odometers? Yikes!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yep. I think my Patrol was a rollback victim also.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The hassle also with a rolled back odometer is that you cannot determine what particular critical service has to be done with the vehicle unless you do a general service (including timing belt changes if the engine utilizes a t-belt).

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    The hassle also with a rolled back odometer is that you cannot determine what particular critical service has to be done with the vehicle unless you do a general service (including timing belt changes if the engine utilizes a t-belt).
    pag nagpalit ba ng timing belt puwede bang makalikot yung odo? sabi kasi nung bibilhan sana namin ng surplus starex, kaya bumaba odo reading dahil sa timing belt change? huh?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^WTF??? Mukhang masarap yung tinira niya ah.

Pag di sure sa service history and mileage, best to just chance the t-belt. The OEM ones i've seen before also have a sticker to post on the engine to remind of the next belt change (80,000kms interval usually).

I remember looking at a second hand Toyota Corolla AE101 before. It had around 52,000kms on it and was pretty fresh looking. When i checked the engine bay, there was a sticker that indicated the timing belt was changed at 80,000kms++ on a certain date two years prior. Doing the math on the average mileage run, that car actually had 130K to 140K on the odometer most likely.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kumalat na !!! hehehehehe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Buy and Sell 101: Roll back... ng odometer