New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Dumber still is you rollback the odometer on an original LHD Land Cruiser 80 series. The vehicle is rare (mas madaming converted Japan) and the Land Cruiser community is a small one so people will find out in no time.
    original left hand, local release, and first owned... rareness..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    ganyan lang pala kasimple dash nyan land cruiser na ganyan? 1M yan? wow! good luck to owner.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Saw this LC80 up for sale on 4x4ph.com a few weeks ago:

Board Message

Note: photos of RJ_P at 4x4ph.com, the original seller of the LC80

Then the LC80 was sold and another 4x4ph member saw the same unit was up for sale on sulit.com by another seller (presumably the person who bought it):

http://www.**************/index.php/...a#imageGallery

(photos copied from the registered seller at sulit.com)

From a price of P1M with and a mileage of 220,000kms, to a price of P1.180M and a mileage of 160,000kms. Linis, linis at tawad ng kaunti and the seller earned 100K easily. Either the mileage was adjusted or medyo malayo-layo and minaneho nila ng paatras.

At the end of the day. Caveat emptor. To those who buy second hand cars (I myself have gotten units with tampered mileages before), always take a closer look before deciding and consider that mileage doesnt always dictate the condition of the car. It's best to always do a full check-up and service of the car, as suggested time and again on this site, to ensure you have many, many kms of trouble-free motoring.
    pag minaneho ba ng paatras nabawasan talaga yun odometer, hmm... try ko nga mamya

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    It was sold back in the late 90s, what would you expect? Besides, sobrang robust and bulletproof ng LC80. Still wouldn't buy one if I had 1.1M, though. :/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    ganyan lang pala kasimple dash nyan land cruiser na ganyan? 1M yan? wow! good luck to owner.
    Yep. My top dog ENT boss has one. Bench front seats, troop carrier rear seats. Cloth upholstery. No fancy stereo. Manual front hubs.

But it is still one of the most sought after 80 series variants, hence the commanding price.

I didn't know what all the fuss was about until I tried one. Then I stopped looking at other cars...

Oh well, I still want that Hyundai Accent CRDi for soccer mom runs. hehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    its not the dash.. its the whole package

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Vinj,

Gawa ka sulit account then give a guy the a negative feedback tapos post mo yung details na yan about the car.

Kapag comment kasi, pwede burahin. Kapag feedback, irremovable.
    May nag comment na rin na tiga-4x4ph on the seller's ad.

EDIT: mali yata yung link ko sa sulit ad sa start (or nagloloko lang sa connection ko here) http://www.**************/index.php/...eywords=toyota

Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    original left hand, local release, and first owned... rareness..
    Ganyan na ganyan yung sa family ko. One of the first releases (got it December 1995). 130,000kms mileage right now and people still approach us asking if its for sale (in spite of the bad paint on the hood).
    Last edited by vinj; May 22nd, 2012 at 09:38 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post

Ganyan na ganyan yung sa family ko. One of the first releases (got it December 1995). 130,000kms mileage right now and people still approach us asking if its for sale (in spite of the bad paint on the hood).
    rare na kasi. mahirap na maghanap ng ganyan. parang SiR lang yan. hindi mo maintindihan bakit ang taas ng price. ayan baka magalit mga naka-LC80 at pinag compare ko sila with SiR hahaha

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yeah. Try finding another 17 year old car whose value and appeal holds the same way. About the only othe one is the PGA released Land Rover Defender. Same price today as its brand new price. So far wala pa atang Korean car na ganun.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Yeah. Try finding another 17 year old car whose value and appeal holds the same way. About the only othe one is the PGA released Land Rover Defender. Same price today as its brand new price. So far wala pa atang Korean car na ganun.
    Tsikot Hyundai Fanboys = Hyundai Sta Fe > Any car in the world

:D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Buy and Sell 101: Roll back... ng odometer