New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Torque,
    Thanks for accommodating me kanina amidst your hectic schedule. I learned a lot with regards to your services and quality control procedures.

Salamat din sa pagtour sakin sa shop and for revealing to me future projects (which was really interesting, specially the EB lounge and the lecture rooms that you plan to set-up). I hope you be able to push thru with your grand opening soon!

More power and good luck!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Torque,
    Wag mo na kasi i-display ang mga Bimmer mo. hehe. Ilabas ang delivery trucks! Haha.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by torque2006 View Post
    Once all our operations, facilities and systems are finished, we're planning to open mondays to sundays, 8am till 7pm. We're also working on having a "shuttle van" for those who work in Makati who'll leave their cars in the morning.
    That's a good come-on on the marketing side.

Results of the Transtech "dialisis"... we used up a whopping 24 liters of ATF before the fluid indicator on the machine cleared up as it seems the previous owner of the car did not bother to change ATF! At least i know i'm running clean now... spent 5K+ for the whole process (labor plus ATF), which is still cheaper than overhauling or changing trannies.

One additional observation though: when i mentioned about changing the timing belt to one of the SAs (can't recall to whom) i was promptly told "Dapat every 60,000kms" - which is pretty much overkill, especially if it's told to someone who has some knowledge on cars and maintainance. My owner's manual calls for 100,000kms but i usually opt to change at 80,000kms... ingat lang on such haphazard assessments as it can be construed to the practices of some shops on having things changed without first taking a look at the service recommendation of the manufacturer (as this can vary between makes/models) and an evaluation of the service history, condition and useage of the car.

Mag-park din kayo ng mga bulok na kotse sa workshop... para may kasama naman yung mga kotse namin... kaka-intimidate yung mga BM at MB na nagpapa-service.
    Last edited by vinj; September 20th, 2006 at 08:07 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    That's a good come-on on the marketing side.

Results of the Transtech "dialisis"... we used up a whopping 24 liters of ATF before the fluid indicator on the machine cleared up as it seems the previous owner of the car did not bother to change ATF! At least i know i'm running clean now... spent 5K+ for the whole process (labor plus ATF), which is still cheaper than overhauling or changing trannies.

One additional observation though: when i mentioned about changing the timing belt to one of the SAs (can't recall to whom) i was promptly told "Dapat every 60,000kms" - which is pretty much overkill, especially if it's told to someone who has some knowledge on cars and maintainance. My owner's manual calls for 100,000kms but i usually opt to change at 80,000kms... ingat lang on such haphazard assessments as it can be construed to the practices of some shops on having things changed without first taking a look at the service recommendation of the manufacturer (as this can vary between makes/models) and an evaluation of the service history, condition and useage of the car.

Mag-park din kayo ng mga bulok na kotse sa workshop... para may kasama naman yung mga kotse namin... kaka-intimidate yung mga BM at MB na nagpapa-service.
    Grabe vinj... 24 liters umikot?

Regarding timing belt's, 60k isn't too far off (for city driving like me), then again it really depends between milage and how old the car is. I had my civic's belt changed at 60k km coz it was showing signs of wear and tear. In the end just have a visual check of your belts. Till end of september you do get a free 21 pt checkup hehehe...

as for non bm's and mb's I'll gladly park my old civic with them It might be old, but it still gets good milage and probably even get's better millage than those bm's and mb's

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    what does transtech really do?
    transtech basically flushes your OLD transmission fluid out of the system and brings in NEW, CLEAN tranmission fluid to your gears... Think of it like an engine flush and oil change for your trasmission.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    tutal na open n naman po itong topic n ito, last august saktong opening ng autotechnika sa the fort so i try searching and calling them, ok naman inacommodate naman nila ako, si JOVEN din SA ko that time, binasahan nya ecu ko to check kung meron pang ibang problema ok naman, so i both a new part bring it back to them, then pinagawa nya sa tao nya, ang naiinis lang ako is nun ung tao nya ang gumawa di marunong gumamit ng obd(ung kinakabit sa ecu - im not familiar dun eh) nya so kung ano ano ang kinakalikot nya at ganun nga puro kantywan sila dun, sa worry ko sabi ko n lang sa taong gumagwa n di ka ba marunong? sabi nya marunong daw sabi ko anong problema, di din nya alam, sabi ko tawagin mo n lang si joven para matapos na, so si joven ang gumawa, ok naman, napansin ko din ung BMW ng may ari dun halos lahat sila naka attend habang nag dadyno testing sya... tagal din ng bayad... ok siguro ung service ng advisor nila pero ung mga tao nila di ko alam kung ano nanyari, kaya instead n sa kanila pa ako magpapalit ng atf sa friendly neighborhood mekaniko n lang ako plus DIY n teknik. sa feed back nyo baka next time dun ko n lang din ipagawa kasi nga may machine talaga sila eh. sir torque sana maatend nyo tong scenario n ito. same problem din po walang SA n talagang umaasikaso kelangan ipatawag mo pa or ikaw pumunta sa kanya, at ang nakakabadtrip, i respect ung lunch break pero sa service kayo eh, dapat ung distribution ng lunchbreak magkakaiba para ung mga customers nyo hindi nakatiwangwang... kaya ano pa nga ba magagawa ko kung hindi maghintay

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sir torque, just posting my own experience, pero ung usa88 po ba available sa inyo un or i need to purchase it outside your shop and sa inyo ko n lang ipagawa? kasi im planning to have my car atf replacement, dahil nga walang machine so ang advice ng friendly neighborhood mekaniko is to change it again after more or less 5000km, nagamit nya is dexron III, pero sa manula is dexronnII, wala po ba magiging problema un? for civic ilang liters po ang atf, plus ilang liters din po pang flush? thanks.. hope you will reply and get your service better.... sana maimprove nyo pa lalo,.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MadoX View Post
    Grabe vinj... 24 liters umikot?

Regarding timing belt's, 60k isn't too far off (for city driving like me), then again it really depends between milage and how old the car is. I had my civic's belt changed at 60k km coz it was showing signs of wear and tear. In the end just have a visual check of your belts. Till end of september you do get a free 21 pt checkup hehehe...

as for non bm's and mb's I'll gladly park my old civic with them It might be old, but it still gets good milage and probably even get's better millage than those bm's and mb's
    Yup... 24L to clean all the gunk up. It's clean as a whistle now.

Yup, we have the same sentiment that several factors affect when a belt needs to be changed... What rang a bell on my mind was that I was promptly told a set answer without the car or it's history first being assessed.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Siyempre dapat sinilip muna diba. What if kakapalit lang pala nung belt bago binenta? hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    frequent customer ako ng autoteknika dito sa fairview, so far ok naman ang gawa nila sa 97 mazda ko. i always look for Ernie (SA). although medyo nahirapan ung mechanics nila sa mazda since unti lang ang mazda familias dito pero still job well done.

torque, its nice to know that autoteknika is really doing something about the complaints of customers. keep up the good work!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Autotechnika