New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    My first car was a 1979 corolla (SR, 2T engine). Passed down to me from my dad when i was in 2nd yr High School. Grabe, sobrang mahal ko yung kotseng un. May sentimental value kasi sakin yun dahil my dad bought it on the same day i was born. Sabi nga ng niya kambal ko daw un. Hehehe! I sold it about 5 yrs ago and swerte ang nakakuha nun kasi alagang alaga yun. Kakamiss naman.........
    Last edited by Galant_VR_94; November 21st, 2007 at 12:12 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galant_VR_94 View Post
    My first car was a 1979 corolla (SR, 2T engine). Passed down to me from my dad when i was in 2nd yr High School. Grabe, sobrang mahal ko yung kotseng un. May sentimental value kasi sakin yun dahil my dad bought it on the same day i was born. Sabi nga ng niya kambal ko daw un. Hehehe! I sold it about 5 yrs ago and swerte ang nakakuha nun kasi alagang alaga yun. Kakamiss naman.........
    Hey I know that car! Di ba 2 door yan? My Dad used to have one, 1979 din, brown ang color tapos ang original rims ay may hubcap pa na black and chrome hehe. Ka-batch nyan yun Mitsubishi Galant na 2 door din and the Toyota Macho Machine na si Jawo pa ang endorser .

I think the SR stands for Sport Rally.
    Last edited by Memphis Raines; November 21st, 2007 at 12:26 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Just like one of the Ford posters above, mine was a 74 Cortina E.

I got to the point of restoring the car from a shabby & rusty car to one that is as shiny as a new car; wet look as it is called that time!

During those days, I still had time to maintain the car personally so it gave me several months (or years) of uninterrupted driving. But age of the car starts to creep in and it breaks down every now and then to a point that you would'nt want to drive it during a date for it might konk out on you (well, it did happen to me, unfortunately, it wont start!)

That car was an experience. I learned a lot on what to fix and how to drive on limp mode when **** happens. Today, limp mode is determined by your cars' computer hahaha

I always wish I could keep it restored for driving on weekends but it was deteriorating faster than I could maintain it. And besides, good mechanics are hard to come by already during those days; mostly quacks abound!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    my first real car was a hand me down 93 corolla gli from my brother. it was in a sorry condition when i got it. but after some TLC and some engine mods, ok na sya. kaya lang ta total wreck sya when i hit a stalled dumped truck. thank god for comprehensive insurance.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mine was not a car, but a pickup truck. an 80s model toyota hilux single cab with a 1L diesel engine. mahaba din ang pinagsamahan namin nito bago pinamana sakin yung w201 ng erpats ko

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Here's mine...

Fresh from the casa!
    No Airbags, ABS or Seatbelt.
    Was a Convertible.

Enjoyed it while it lasted

P.S. the MB123 in the background was my Dad's.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    mine is a 1991 corolla xl that i aquired in 1998. nasa bahay pa rin with my other cars.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Memphis, wala pa palang color photography nung bata pa po kayo

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My first car was a used 1976 white Trans Am with golden chicken on the hood, red interior, and "Ghost Rider" (recent flaming skull movie with Nicolas Cage) plate up front. Previous owner was a death rocker. What a slob ....

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Here's mine...

Fresh from the casa!
    No Airbags, ABS or Seatbelt.
    Was a Convertible.

Enjoyed it while it lasted

P.S. the MB123 in the background was my Dad's.

I think the MB behind is a W115 not a W123

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Your First Car... A Memoir