New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Do you still remember your first car? The very first car that I ever owned was a white two- door 1978 Colt Lancer! During that time, mabilis ka na pag yun and dala mo kasi Saturn yung makina. I got it from my dad as a graduation gift. I had many adventures with that car. Lots of memories.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Mine is a '95 Honda Civic EG hatchback. Got it as a high school graduation gift. I remember how heavy the steering was (not power steering) but partly it was my fault, palit kasi ako ng 15 inch na mags. This car was also the sloooowwwwest car I ever owned, thankfully I used it for only 2 years after that I upgraded to the Civic VTI.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Wow! Buti pa kayo kotse ang gift sa Highschool graduation. Ako wala. Tapik lang sa likod. Hehehe. :D

First vehicle ko noon ay isang bulok na owner na nakatambak ng ilang taon sa bahay ng erpats ko. Toyota 2T ang engine at yung gulong niya ay pwedeng pang-Jeepney.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mine was a 1981 Toyota Corolla Liftback. My partner in crime during my college days. Sobrang dami naming secrets and adventures ng car ko. Mas mahal ko pa nga yata siya kesa sa gf ko noon eh. Saan na kaya siya ngayon, nakakamiss.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Mine was an '89 Lancer EL with no power steering (pawis steering ika nga) and intermittent AC, plus no tint and lots of problems that crept up after one another. Needless to say it will remain in my memory as just that because we sold it in 2004 to a guy who drove it to Bataan where it supposedly stays now.

I don't recall if it was a graduation gift, when I started driving in around 1999 I started using that car too when my then girlfriend (my wife now) also started driving her '93 Sentra, also her first car. I remember everything about my old Lancer EL except the engine and how it looked like (1.3L lang siya).

Are we allowed to post pics of it as some sort of tribute?

Sadly I don't have enough good pics...nakakamiss nga
    Last edited by mbeige; November 19th, 2007 at 10:06 AM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First car that I bought for 15T was a 1972 Opel Manta back in 1986. Sold it after two months for 16T. Was going to make it a project car but parts were hard to find.

First brand new car was a Nissan Sentra LEC PS back in 1996. Very nice and reliable car. Sold it a couple of years ago. Selling it was like parting with a family member. It made my wife cry.
    Last edited by Mguy; November 19th, 2007 at 10:13 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i'm trying to forget my first car, but threads like this make it impossible to do so!

it was a used, light blue, early '80's, 4-cylinder mustang. it gave me nothing but trouble...the last time na tinirik ako sa highway, iniwan ko na lang dun.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    First time car buyer ako and it is my current.

eto my 1st car, 1989 nissan maxima, and it is still with me...

and this is my former delica, my true 1st car..este van....had it for 5 years ago, sold 2 years ago

hehehe--may record sa goon-squad yan, but not by me, by the next owner...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My 1st car was a 1980 Galant Sigma. Used to be owned by my father, pero nung namatay siya, napunta sa akin. Ako kasi ang madalas na naglilinis nun, and I was the only one who could drive then.

It was a clunker, ilang beses na nga akong tinirik (broken fan belt, overheating, dead battery, etc). I had a lot of good and memorable moments though. Sold it around 1996 for only 15k, then bought a brand new car (Sentra EX Saloon Series 3).

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
Your First Car... A Memoir