New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a friend of mine owns a 4month old SLK200 ... imma testdrive it this weekend ... ill let you guys know as for the boxter, i dunno who i will have to ask lol ... these looser sales agents in those hi-end brands has a tendency of snobing a 25 y/o male asking for the price of a particular car ... im speaking as per my experience when i bought my 4th ride, toyota fortuner last dec '05

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvicz
    i think ive narrowed my choices down to boxter S against the SLK200 ... one Q, why did you say that for practicality, go with the SLK200?
    For me, mas practical SLK cuz of the hard top roof. Pag soft top, you may have to be a bit more careful parking your car cuz baka ma-vandalize sha.

But looking at the specs, parang bitin sha sa power to be called a "sports car". If SLK350 price seems too steep, why not check out the new SLK280?

:P

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mahal din ang 280. If speed is no object, the 200 is fine. It's still as quick or quicker than most other cars on the road, and it's lighter than its stablemates.

Kaya nga lang, medyo bitin siya in terms of sportiness, as I think it's AT only. For the price, the Boxster is much more involving and quicker... but like I said, it's what you're comfortable with.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    How about an Audi RS4? It's the next best thing before the M3.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    sports car? how about an under P4M performance/sports car like Lancer EVO?.. wait for the newer version of it, the EVO IX,..MIVEC TURBO engine, AWD, 280-300hp, 400+ nm. of torque, 0-100kph in a little 4.8 secs. only,.. lighter body, best handling & acceleration than a Subaru STi, and improved less turbo-lagged too!.. bet that car can surpass all of that SLK, and some sporty convertibles,...seriously! A 4-door, Japs sedan that can match a German sporty rides. Anyway, it's only my great suggestion for a Japs choice,.. in case if ever you'll want it! Gud luck sir!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    well if u are gonna spend 4m then it might as well be a convertible.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvicz
    a friend of mine owns a 4month old SLK200 ... imma testdrive it this weekend ... ill let you guys know. as for the boxter, i dunno who i will have to ask lol ... these looser sales agents in those hi-end brands has a tendency of snobing a 25 y/o male asking for the price of a particular car ... im speaking as per my experience when i bought my 4th ride, toyota fortuner last dec '05
    sorry this is OT but i can't help commenting: you're 25 years old and with a disposable 4M? whoa your tax return must be through the roof. not to mention your friend with a 4-month old slk200. whew.

Ferrari 355 Spyder. Red, of course. Kaya lang mukhang lampas sa budget. Kung sa US baka pwede pa kaya lang kung ipapasok pa dito then taxes alone will cost you more than 1M.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    subaru impreza wrx sti 2.5 liter turbo intercooler with a 300hp and 300 nm torque simple ang porma low profile kala mo ordinary car lang pero it will blow your ass off pag ginalit mo! he he

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron syang locking differential na wala sa lancer evo. mas mura sya sa lancer evo.but at par with handling and performance.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
what sports car do you recommend?