New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Dude, ClubMitsu ka? Haha... I was with you guys at the trackday (I was one of the kajillion Lynx RS owners there...) and despite the fun we had with our cars, medjo inggit ako sa ride mo... kulit ng itsura, eh! Pa-drive next time!
    Yup. Thanks bro! Sana nga ma-ulit yung track day na ganun.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    True... yung sa amin pina-tint nalang yung front windshield sabay lagay ng dashshield na pinamana sa akin ng tito ko na may 1st gen space wagon.

I love the old Benz wagons (yung 123 and 124)... there are several sa village namin dati na maganda condition (all-OEM).
    Yung akin naka full tint din yung windshield pero di na naka dashield. Wala naman reklamo pamilya ko nung kasagsagan nung summer. I guess the tonneau cover helps also in minimizing the space to be cooled.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I love the old Benz wagons (yung 123 and 124)... there are several sa village namin dati na maganda condition (all-OEM).
    ditto. i just love the looks of the 123/124 wagons. i hope to get a good specimen as a project car someday.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    yup, may diesel ng W124 Benz wagon, the 230TD. anyway, close 2nd to me lalo na yung later 2-toned models with 14" 3 spoke alloy wheels. the Space Wagon offers flexible seating, lots of cupholders, 1.8L EFi engine and reliability and cheap maintenance.

I believe you meant to say a 300TD, 1987 lang yun lumabas. The 230 was the gas engine.

We got an 81 300TD for P80k lang ($1500). Swertihan din I guess.

The Honda Accord wagon may look promising, medyo rare pati dito sa US pero looks nice.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    160k-ish nalang ang Suzuki Esteem 1996-97 ngayon. i'd go for that. it's not that great (Pilhino put in some really cheesy "cranker motor boxes" to convert the manual window regulators to power.. parang yung mga Kia Pride and box-type Mazda 323 na converted to power windows). pero heck 160k can't argue with that.. parts aren't that hard to find, meron pa rin and i doubt na mas mura maintenance ng say Opel Astra.

if i had 400k i'd buy the Esteem and pocket the change. pambili ng E36 (with a little more saving up) for a weekend car hahaha.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i forgot... 400k will buy you a 1999-2000 starex, or a 1997 CR-V (1st gen). strictly speaking, not wagons per se. but with many of the same advantages. or a 1997-98 E36. but i digress..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yung later models ng Esteem totoo na yung power window. hehehe. Pero notorious for jumping its tracks (repairable).

MB Vito converted din. They put in black round things where the crank used to be. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

may vito na "orig ang power"..bibihiran lang..seen one selling in buendia noon pa...4 cap'n seats pa.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Thanks everyone for your inputs. I've narrowed down my search to either an astra wagon or a volvo either a V40 or an 850. Any thoughts on these choices? Also, is there anything that I should look out for when looking at these cars? Thanks again for all your inputs

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Astra will definitely be easier to own (and this is coming from a Ford guy... Volvo=Ford, Opel=GM)... and it comes with a smaller range of engines, too, which should be more economical.

Just look out for the usual stuff, suspension, bearings, brakes, engine roughness, aircon problems, cooling problems in traffic, etcetera. For better peace of mind, you may want to consider buying a manual transmission model, to avoid servicing headaches which are common with all secondhand automatics (regardless of brand).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Station Wagons Help