New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    I'm in the market to buy a second hand station wagon in Manila, which would you recommend for a budget of 250k to 400k?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Konti lang station wagon dito e. You can choose to buy the Legacy, Optra wagon, ano pa ba... Nissan california? hehe. The nicer wagons are German made so medyo malayo sa budget mo.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I think with that budget, you can buy a 2nd-hand Opel Astra or Vectra ba yun? (baba ng resale value mga Opel ngayon)

yup pasok ang astra(1.6L)..pero medyo mahirap sa parts,pero compared sa vectra(cd-2.0 and cdx-2.5), mas ok na choice ang astra. dagdag ka ng konti, zafira na(1.8L at dual aircon 7-seater pa!).

sure na madali at pasok sa budget mo ay:
    suzuki esteem wagon(1.6, a/t,m/t),
    legacy(a/t,m/t 2.0 efi 4wd pa to),
    spacewagons(local->1.8L m/t,a/t or converted->1.8/2.0/2.0T/2.0TD, fwd/awd, may dual aircon ung iba..pero both are 7seaters pa!).

california is kinda old na,e...pero sukli mo pangayos at pangporma!

ung astina/323f/626hatch are hatches,e...

old german statios....80's-early 90's pasok dyan.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    You might want to consider to get a Volvo. Naka Volvo ako rin With the budget you mentioned you can choose from a V40 or an 850 wagon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mitsu Space Wagon pinakamadami...

nga pala, volvo..pero kasi ayaw ko ung dating volvo v70/850 wagon, especially kung black!, it reminds me of.....

v40 is good looking too...pasok din.1.8L, may 2.0 din..alam ko may t5 version din.

alamko rare din ang volvo v4w/headlight washers, pero karamihan, wala.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    At your price range, the best bets would be an Opel Astra wagon or a Suzuki Esteem if you want a traditional looking wagon. The Astra looks better, IMHO. Parts for either are limited to very specific dealers (you'll have to ask other owners where to shop), but ownership isn't that expensive.

The Opel Vectra might be a bit more difficult to maintain. There are many horror stories about the Vectra, both here and abroad...

Volvo parts are relatively expensive, and depending on the trim and model, might be very hard to maintain. If you get a Mitsubishi Carisma-based model like the old S40/V40, it might be a better proposition.

The Subaru Legacy Wagon may be expensive to maintain, and being a 2.0 AWD, will be less fuel-efficient than the Astra or Esteem. Of course, it's a nice car, and the AWD is good for some light trail-riding.

The easiest wagon to get would be a spacewagon. Some people complain about the fuel consumption, as it is a carburated 1.8, but I found it relatively okay when I drove one around. Though it looks like an MPV, it drives a lot like a Lancer, and interior room is very good.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

sir niky, ung last local models ng spacewagon(ung clear lens lights na) efi na sila..better kung manual than a/t...less iisipin pa.

vote ko:

spacewagon(or chariot),esteem....subbie legacy, v40, astra medyo mahirap-hirap and expensive ang parts, and limited ang nakakalam magayos..pero ang all-rounder sa lahat is the subaru legacy(2.0 boxer engine,awd, manual has hill-hold!)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    halos lahat ng choices hirap i-maintain...

-Volvo V40
    -Volvo 850 (i believe the V70 is still not within the range)
    -Opel Astra
    -Opel Vectra
    -Subaru Legacy
    -Suzuki Esteem

with possible exception of the Mistubishi Space Wagon.

if you like the choices above except the Space Wagon, i'd just pick a W124 Mercedes Benz 230TE... kung mahal din lang ang maintenance dito na ako sa Benz na ito, W124 is the most reliable Benz IMO. it has lots of space, decent performance, style and comfort....

...plus its a Benz! ;)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Station Wagons Help