New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ok lang kung sa developed countries mag-iimport ng 2nd hand. they have good roads, good rules and good drivers.

dito kahit gano ka kagaling na driver + mechanic all-around like varsity+top ten student , takaw aksidente pa din yan. dito kahit i-promise o i-dasal mo sa sarili na hindi ka mag-swerve, mapapa-swerve ka dahil sa tinamaan ng lintik na PUV's. laws of physics lang, we have a messed-physics sa daan, naturally kung segunda-mano na kung minsan kinakamay pa ala owner type jeep, malaki probability makasakit.

dont think about yourselves na kesyo makakatipid kayo o mina-marginalize kayo. think about the people around you too.

parang speed limit lang yan. that is not for you to keep you safe but to keep everybody safe. engineers waste half of their lives in schools for a reason. leave it to them.
    i've been driving second hand imports for 11 years and been riding bikes for three years and never pa ako na-aksidente kahit small fender benders or spills sa bike...... so malamang sa driver nga yun.......

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    BTT na ako: Ako, wala akong kinakampihan. On the side of automotive manufacturers, yes - karapatan nila na i-protect ang investments nila and when this law is implemented, they sales may go up. Whay did I use the word "may"? Kasi walang namang assurance na tataas ang vehicle sales nila eh when this law is passed. Admit it: mas maraming may may-ari ng 2nd hand vehicles compared sa brand new. Bakit? Kase mas maraming hinde (pa) kayang bumili ng brand new. I said "pa" kase hinde naman natin alam ang magiging financial future nila. Kasi, in my personal opinion, kung ang lahat ng motorista na may 2nd hand/converted vehicles at kung ang lahat ng taong gustong magka sasakyan eh kayang bimile ng bago abay puro cars less than three years old ang makikita natin sa roads ngayon.

It's like this. Correct me if I'm wrong but a lot (take note: a lot, hinde ko sinasabing lahat) of the people who buy converted SUVs or vans are consumers who are the the middle income and upper-middle income bracket. Most of them don't have enough resources to buy the SUV or van that they like. Bakit? Kase kulang budget nila. So what do they do? They get converted SUVs or vans. Now, with this argument comes the question? "Bakit na lang hinde bumili ng 2nd hand na dito sa 'Pinas gawa?" Most of the time ang answer eh pera pa rin: di ba mas mahal ang 2nd hand na Pajero na dito gawa compared sa Subic converted Pajero?

Okay, maaring sabihin ng marami sa atin na mag-ipon na lang muna tas tsaka bumili. Good point pero may mga issues din dito. For example, hinde ganun kadaling mag-ipon ng malaking halaga lalo na pag wala kang extra income or maliit lang ang extra income mo. By that time na nakaipon ang pobre, manghinayang syang bitawan ang ganun kalaking halaga lalo na pag may identified sya na mas pressing need. So, what does the person do? Hinde na sya bibili. Kung minsan, naka-ipon nga pero matagal naman ang inabot, say ten years, aba'y baka by that time eh yung mabibili lang ng naipon nya dilapitated or very old vehicle na lang.

Ako, I earn good pero I don't have the capacity to buy a new vehicle - atsaka ang tingen ko sa vehicle eh liability, hinde asset. So what am I doing with a motor vehicle? It's, unfortunately, a necessary liability in these times for me - and for a lot of us. My vehicle doesn't earn me money. In fact, loosing ako sa kanya kase gastos ka ng gastos pagpapagawa tas nag-de-depricate lagi ang value.

Anyways, for me - hinde pa rin solusyon ang pag ban ng Subic converted vehicles sa pag increase ng sales ng mga car manufacturers locally. Kahit i-ban pa ng government ang pag-benta at pag-bili ng 2nd hand vehicles na gawa sa 'Pinas, hinde pa rin tataas ng ganun ang sales ng mga car manufacturers dito sa 'tin - kase malaking porsyento ng motoring public eh walang pangbile ng bago.
    All too true... gospel, bro!

How the heck do manufacturers think banning 400k peso secondhand SUVs will help them sell 500k peso subcompacts? It doesn't make sense!

And yet I feel their pain. They pour millions of pesos into development in the Philippines, bringing more work to thousands upon thousands of Filipinos, more than those who benefit from secondhand imports... yet they're fighting a losing battle, as the average Filipino, even with the supposed strengthening of the economy, can't afford even the cheapest of brand new vehicles (don't bring up the Norkis... that isn't really firsthand... )

Heck, how are you going to get your typical 150k peso budget buyer into a 600k car?

And yet, this legislation is merely a band-aid over our real problem:

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    If local manufacturers are concerned about safety, why is the L300 still on sale?
    Which is that. Which is the fact that any half-assed body shop can "manufacture" a Jeepney from secondhand parts of crappy quality and get it road certified...

What will help our country is this:

1. Lower taxes on brand new SKD and locally-assembled vehicles even more. This encourages more investment and development in the country, more jobs, and more business.

2. Offer tax breaks on x number of non-ASEAN assembled vehicles for every x times five or x times ten number of vehicles locally assembled by the same manufacturer.

3. Remove the ridiculous 500k peso tax on secondhand imported vehicles, it doesn't work. Fix the LTO process to include a flat 200% tax on the vehicle's blue book value (not declared value) for the end-user. Even better, make it blue book value for a car in "excellent" condition.

4. Make roadworthiness tests mandatory for ALL vehicles over the age of three years (manufacturing date, not sale or registration date) and upon initial registration. Make it affordable, but make re-tests more expensive. Times two for the first, times three for the third, etcetera. Include a structural inspection by a qualified engineer (hmmm... another possible kotongan?), and make sure he is trustworthy... audit the engineers regularly! Personally, even the condition of your tires should be a possible failure point.

This will lose the government money in initial taxes, yes, but they'll gain it back through income from road-worthiness testing and registration. And our people will gain it back through extra income for car manufacturers, dealers, and workshops dedicated to fixing up cars to pass roadworthiness testing. I imagine the sale of catalytic converters alone will make Nodalo's rich...
    Last edited by niky; November 8th, 2006 at 05:41 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    patay ang negosyo mg lagayan sa customs!

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin View Post
    Nasa driver pa rin. Kasi kapag wala yung driver naka-park lang yung vehicle so walang accident.
    Not always ...

Natutulog ako, tulog din yung kapitbahay ko. Gumulong yung tsikot niya mula sa driveway, tumama sa tsikot ko na naka-park. Walang duda kung sino may kasalanan. Write-off yung tsikot ko, bayad ang insurer niya

Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    Not always ...

Natutulog ako, tulog din yung kapitbahay ko. Gumulong yung tsikot niya mula sa driveway, tumama sa tsikot ko na naka-park. Walang duda kung sino may kasalanan. Write-off yung tsikot ko, bayad ang insurer niya
    maaring human error din..forgot to use the parking brake or put the gear to 1 or P...or di nya sinigurado at nilagyan ng kalso..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    maaring human error din..forgot to use the parking brake or put the gear to 1 or P...or di nya sinigurado at nilagyan ng kalso..
    +1
    naunahan mo ko. o kaya naman palpak ung gumawa ng break at bumigay.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    Nasa driver pa rin. Kasi kapag wala yung driver naka-park lang yung vehicle so walang accident
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix
    Not always ...

Quote Originally Posted by always_yummy
    ang pinag uusapan yata kung WALANG DRIVER sa vehicle,
    kaya for me correct si 6

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    i've been driving second hand imports for 11 years and been riding bikes for three years and never pa ako na-aksidente kahit small fender benders or spills sa bike...... so malamang sa driver nga yun.......
    sabi ko nga sir, that doesnt make it right if wala naman naging untoward incident na nangyari sa'yo.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    All too true... gospel, bro!

How the heck do manufacturers think banning 400k peso secondhand SUVs will help them sell 500k peso subcompacts? It doesn't make sense!

And yet I feel their pain. They pour millions of pesos into development in the Philippines, bringing more work to thousands upon thousands of Filipinos, more than those who benefit from secondhand imports... yet they're fighting a losing battle, as the average Filipino, even with the supposed strengthening of the economy, can't afford even the cheapest of brand new vehicles (don't bring up the Norkis... that isn't really firsthand... )

Heck, how are you going to get your typical 150k peso budget buyer into a 600k car?

And yet, this legislation is merely a band-aid over our real problem:

Which is that. Which is the fact that any half-assed body shop can "manufacture" a Jeepney from secondhand parts of crappy quality and get it road certified...

What will help our country is this:

1. Lower taxes on brand new SKD and locally-assembled vehicles even more. This encourages more investment and development in the country, more jobs, and more business.

2. Offer tax breaks on x number of non-ASEAN assembled vehicles for every x times five or x times ten number of vehicles locally assembled by the same manufacturer.

3. Remove the ridiculous 500k peso tax on secondhand imported vehicles, it doesn't work. Fix the LTO process to include a flat 200% tax on the vehicle's blue book value (not declared value) for the end-user. Even better, make it blue book value for a car in "excellent" condition.

4. Make roadworthiness tests mandatory for ALL vehicles over the age of three years (manufacturing date, not sale or registration date) and upon initial registration. Make it affordable, but make re-tests more expensive. Times two for the first, times three for the third, etcetera. Include a structural inspection by a qualified engineer (hmmm... another possible kotongan?), and make sure he is trustworthy... audit the engineers regularly! Personally, even the condition of your tires should be a possible failure point.

This will lose the government money in initial taxes, yes, but they'll gain it back through income from road-worthiness testing and registration. And our people will gain it back through extra income for car manufacturers, dealers, and workshops dedicated to fixing up cars to pass roadworthiness testing. I imagine the sale of catalytic converters alone will make Nodalo's rich...
    best way to reduce car prices here in the Phils. Let china car manufacturers in. parang sa computers, damit, pagkain, pirated cd etc etc... wala sila nagawa kungdi magbaba

at least brand new. hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    best way to reduce car prices here in the Phils. Let china car manufacturers in. parang sa computers, damit, pagkain, pirated cd etc etc... wala sila nagawa kungdi magbaba

at least brand new. hehehe
    pero kung "auto prominence" din hahawak......remember proton and see nexus nalang......

etoo llang sa akin:

kung mura ang imported na used at ung loacl brand-new-kasing feature-packed ng imported used at a lump cost na maliit lang ang difference sa price ng used, well saan ka pa?

just like in japan, may pambili talaga hamak na clerk dun ng sasakyng 3+ milyon yen every 3 years. e sa 3 years, mostly public transport parin ginagamit nila, lalo na kung malalayo. so di laspag sasakyan nila, kaya pag dispose, mostly 90-95% bnew pa!kung may masisira, orig. japan parts pa! and most important,sure kang assembled sa japan!unlike ung local na hati-hati na ASEAN nations sa pag-assemble.

if the average and below pinoy will not have savings, even if there are breaks in taxes for the local manufacturers, wala din..

tayo, on th other hand, may be considered "the line between above ave and average" pinoy.
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; November 9th, 2006 at 07:39 AM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Goodbye na sa Imported Second-Hand vehicles