New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by doriftospeed View Post
    huh? are you saying na sa US eh legal ang RHD?

afaik for trackday/race purposes, wala silang problema with RHD vehicles. still no-no though for road use.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Mas marami bang Pinoy ang makikinabang sa importer ng surplus cars kaysa sa mga local car manufacturer?

OR

Kaya bang saluhin ang Phil economy ng mga importers ng surplus cars kapag nagsara na ang mga local car manufacturers?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls
    their concern is their sales, not public safety.
    I think that is within their right as investors here in the country. Imagine that you invest millions of dollars in manufacturing, assembly & spare parts plants... then you would just be displaced by some backyard conversion shop.

The Philippine's market for brand new and second hand vehicles is very small compared to other markets (like the UK) that can afford to take on surplus vehicles. Notice why the price of 2nd hand vehicles here is high compared even to our ASEAN neighbors.

Another thing... the UK can take on Japan surplus since they both drive on the right since LHD conversion is another bloody thing to contend with. Granted that there are some good conversion shops there, but what about other 90% of ex-JDM vehicles out there? Heck, turboawd's 1000hp Skyline was shipped to Dubai for proper LHD conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    Buti pa sa U.S. and Canada pwede ka mag-import ng Japan surplus. Hindi mo pa kailangan i-convert to LHD. Naka ex-JDM GEN II Pajero SWB TDi yung kakilala ko sa Canada.
    RHD vehicles in the USA? I don't think so... even Bill Gate's Porsche 959 required a special bill for him to legally drive it in the USA.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Porsche did not give the NHTSA a test unit (of a 959) for them to test the car for safety kaya hindi pwedeng i drive yun dun...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    My two cents: hinde lahat ng converted vehicles eh dangerous. Ang problema talaga eh wala dun sa mga converted vehicles - kunde sa mga nag-convert and eventually dun sa mga nagmamaneho.

Bakit? Simple - human factor.

Kahit anong "vintage" ng sasakyan mo pero responsible and knowleadeable vehicle owner ka, alaga yung sasakyan mo at alam mo kung hinde na sya safe. Sa mga nagco-convert naman, kung maayos ang ginawang conversion eh siguradong maayos ang vehicle. Sa mga converted vehicle owners naman, responsible and knowledgeable ownership din nagkakatalo. For example: alam mong sa left ang bukas ng van mo, eh di wag kang magbaba sa mga places na heavy ang vehicle traffic and/or give a warning dun sa mga alighting passengers na tumingin muna sa kaliwa.

Wag nyong sabihing kaya maraming namamatay na motorcycle/scooter riders dahil dangerous yung sasakyan nya? While the motorcycle is more dangerous drive that four wheeled vehicles, kay maraming na-aksidente na motorcycle/scooters eh dahil reckless at irresponsible yung mga riders.

A vehicle, no matter what form or function, is just an ordinary tool. Now, the actual safety of any tool relies on the quality of workmanship nung mga gumagawa and then pag dating sa consumer, the knowledge of the owner on how to responsibly use and maintain the safe operationability of the tool.
    pardon me sir, when you said "hindi lahat ng converted vehicles eh dangerous" and kung "maayos ang pag-convert", do you take it to mean that even the stock headlights and windshield wipers of RHD's are also converted for LHD purposes?

kasi po, kung hindi kasama mga ito then i beg to disagree with your point..

please correct me if i'm wrong pero ang pagkakaalam ko po kasi eh iyon lang steering mechanism ang usually ginagawa, and required for LTO registration, sa RHD to LHD conversion in the Philippines.

:peace:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    huh? are you saying na sa US eh legal ang RHD?
    RHD vehicles are not illegal in the U.S. You just have to go through red tape and meet the requirements. One of which is the vehicle must be older than 25 years old (15 in Canada). Otherwise, you'd have to go through the whole process of 'federalizing' the vehicle like what they do with the Skylines.

ex-JDM GEN II Pajero TDi with USDM GEN I Vortec Conversion:
    There are not off-road only toys. They have license tags and are used as daily drivers. The owner of the ex-JDM Pajero traded in his Mitsubishi Lancer for it.
    Last edited by OTEP; November 8th, 2006 at 09:33 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by slamtaz View Post
    pardon me sir, when you said "hindi lahat ng converted vehicles eh dangerous" and kung "maayos ang pag-convert", do you take it to mean that even the stock headlights and windshield wipers of RHD's are also converted for LHD purposes?

kasi po, kung hindi kasama mga ito then i beg to disagree with your point..

please correct me if i'm wrong pero ang pagkakaalam ko po kasi eh iyon lang steering mechanism ang usually ginagawa, and required for LTO registration, sa RHD to LHD conversion in the Philippines.

:peace:
    If that's the case, how about ung mga sariling assembled na sasakyan?

may wiper ba mga yan?

tama ba ang pagsalpak nila ng headlights?

how about ung surplus na steering assembly na gamit nila?

how about ung surplus na hydrovac ng preno na gamit nila?

kompleto ba lahat ng signal lights/park lights/hazard?

it's double standard kung pag-iinitan nila ung mga japan surplus tapos di nila papakialaman ung mga local na di sumusunod sa regulations.

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Tagal na yang issue na yan. Ala naman ngyari dati. So malamang wala nanaman yan.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    ayos ah. ang sasakyan pingbawalan na maimport pero ang mga basura galing sa japan, dito deretso. wow ang tataba ng utak

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Karapatan naman ng mga local car manufacturer yan isipin nyo na lang multi billion yung investment nila. Kelangan din nilang pangalagaan ang kanilang negosyo. Napakalaki pa ng tax na binabayaran nila. Ilagay nyo ang sarili nyo sa katayuan nila sigurado magrereklamo din kayo.

Paano pa natin maeengganyong magtayo ng planta ang mga ibang car manufacturer dito kung pinapabayaan ng gobyerno natin na makapasok ang mga imported na sasakyan. Kung dadami ang car manufacturer sigurado bababa din ang presyo mas marami ng makakabili ng mga brand new na sasakyan at hindi na 2nd hand na imported/converted.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Goodbye na sa Imported Second-Hand vehicles