New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    #4 is the number they avoid bec. it sounds like the chinese character for death.

The SA in Ortigas showed me a list of number which they charge for:

1,7,8,0 - tops the chart in terms of extra charges ( Php 2 to 3K)

2,5,6,9 - moderate extra charges (Php 1 tp 2 K)

3,4 - no extra charges
    I believe these are exorbitant charges. I got my plates with ending 7 for just an additional fee of P600. The fee covers for the advance registration as indicated in the LTO receipt the dealer gave me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    as long as its a regular plate number and regardless of number ending, it should be FREE.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ok lang yan, as long as hindi lemon yun car na nakuha mo. and what's more important is the aftersales service of the SA.
    Last edited by jojoico; September 7th, 2006 at 03:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my friend got a honda 2 weeks ago..
    he was given a choice of either 1-2, or 9-0 plates because as per LTO, these are the days na sobrang traffic, so as to reduce car volume. but he insisted on a 7 or 8 , til now wala pa din syang plates but no extra fee was asked from him naman.

sori mejo OT na

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    ang tanong ay kung kanino napupunta ang sinasabi nilang bayad para sa plate... pag hindi sa LTO at walang receipt, kanino? baka naman kailangan na dito si Mike Enriquez.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    IMO, gahaman yang SA mo. Sa dami ng nabenta niyang unit sa inyo sana naman sinuklian niya yun sa pamamagitan ng freebies/extras sa yo. Dati nakabili kami ng 3 sasakyan within 5 years sa iisang SA lang at marami kaming narefer sa kanya. Kaya nung sumunod na kumuha kami sa kanya, ang daming freebies at napakasmooth na ng transaction. Halos wala na kaming pinag-usapan dahil alam na niya kung anong mga gusto namin (financing terms, tint brand, matting/seatcover type, etc.).

Yung additional charge naman sa plate ending, depende yan kung anong buwan mo nakuha yung auto at kung anong ending ang gusto mo. Gaya nung isang kaibigan ko kumuha ng sasakyan nung February pero ang gusto niyang ending 5, e ang registration good for 3 years na so dapat hanggang Feb 2009 lang pero kung ang last digit 5 e di May ang rehistro nun. Nacharge tuloy siya ng additional 3 months registration para sa May 2009 na ang expiration.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much does a car salesman make in commissions from the sale of a vehicle? dito kasi, they make so much money on each sale that if you walked into a dealer and announced that you wanted to buy 5 cars, aba baka pati puri nila ibibigay sa iyo on the spot. :bwahaha:

if the sales market is very competitive i would expect - no, demand that i receive some consideration for being a repeat customer. smart salespeople know that if they treat you well, they will have a recurring stream of easy sales from repeat business. and any salesman knows how difficult it is to get your foot in the door.

when i was in sales (actually, franchising, but same thing), it would sometimes take me a week to get anyone to even talk to me. but once you get the first sale and make sure the customer sees the quality of the product and the level of service you offer, you can just sit in your office and browse tsikot and thousands of dollars would just come in via the phone.

wouldn't you rather treat your customers like kings and have them call to beg you to take their money later, rather than have doors slammed in your face and phones hung up on you?

imo, walang kwenta yung SA mo. ask him how many times a 5 million peso sale walked in off the street. then ask him how many more cars would he think your business will need over its lifetime. finally, ask him how many other SA's would be willing to take your business if he didn't take care of you.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE:
    Not as good as Chevy's new package... 300k worth of gas... (like their 1 year's worth of gas free sa US).

300,000 worth of gas?wow ang dami.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    how much does a car salesman make in commissions from the sale of a vehicle?
    Sa mga nasilip kong Toyota confidential docs... parang between 3,000-10,000 per vehicle depende sa model... kaya tamad yang mga SA na yan palibhasa they get their minimum monthly pay tapos may commissions pa... kumbaga no incentive masyado to sell...

E kung gawin nila e performance based ang pagiging SA... yung tipong may allowance lang na 100/day tapos commission on sales ang kanilang salary... e d mangyayari jan e they will try their hardest to make the sale & satisy the customer.

Saka dapat kunin nila na mga SA e car lovers! nde yung desperado lang magkatrabaho... o ang qualification lang e dahil gwapo o maganda ang SA. Kung walang stock knowledge sa kotse o wala man lang driver's license wag mag hire ang dealers ng incompetent SAs!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Getting several vehicles from the same SA