New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Do you think this is a good idea?

A couple years ago we got 4 Corollas and 1 Revo para sa office 'fleet' namin. Then after some time, we got an Innova para sa family use. Then we recently got a Fortuner (all from the same SA). Parang nung bandang huli na (Innova and Fortuner) parang wala na masyadong extra freebies, kagaya ng natatanggap ng iba. Ang free lang na binigay sa akin ay yung 'standard' na libre like EWD, tint, seatcovers and tools. AFAIK yun lang talaga.

Sa pagkekwento sa akin ng iba kong kakilala, they got a lot more free stuff. A friend even got a full tank sa Explorer nya.

In my opinion, kaya medyo nabawas bawasan yung mga libre ay dahil very confident na yung SA na kukuha kami sa kanya, whether or not may extra pa syang ilalagay.

On a side note, I asked the SA kung pwede nya i-pa full tint yung windshield ko. Singil ba naman sa akin 2,500. Sabi ko, "2,500.... Hm..... 2,500 is what a good shop in Banawe charged me for tinting my Lancer. ALL WINDOWS NA". He called me up later, brought the price down to 1,200. Sabi ko tutal 1,200 na lang, baka pwede i-libre na lang nya. AFAIK most SA's would say yes at this point, pero he didn't. He knew better. Di ko na lang pinansin yung tint issue kasi excited na ako makuha agad yung oto.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isa pang turn off... Nung kukunin ko na yung unit sa kanila, tinanong ako kung ano plate # ending ko (as if hindi namin napagusapan several times over the phone!) sabi ko #2 gusto ko. Sabay banat, "ay ser..... may charge po yan... pero maliit lang po not more than 1,200".... Is this true? Bagong patakaran na daw sa LTO.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, they are still milking Fortuners for all their worth so talagang mahina sa freebies kahit sinong ahente. Full tank of gas on Explorers is not considered 'free'. It is 'standard', nakikipag-mind games lang Ford SA just to make you feel good that you got a 'free' tank of gas.

Usually I just forego the crappy matting and seatcovers in exchange from 3M tint all around with seamless windshield tint.

As for the windshield tinting, if it was not free, better na ikaw na din ang magpa-tint yourself para mabantayan mo ang quality and mabawasan ang 'road-time' ng unit mo under the casa drivers.

Yung plate ending, libre lang nga iyon. Ewan ko diyan sa SA mo. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Luckily, the free tint was 3M. Pero I'm not satisfied sa tinting job nila. May mga dust particles ako na nakikita on almost all the windows. Mahirap makita kung hindi ka OC like me. Irereklamo ko na lang siguro on my 1,000 km check-up...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    Do you think this is a good idea?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isa pang turn off... Nung kukunin ko na yung unit sa kanila, tinanong ako kung ano plate # ending ko (as if hindi namin napagusapan several times over the phone!) sabi ko #2 gusto ko. Sabay banat, "ay ser..... may charge po yan... pero maliit lang po not more than 1,200".... Is this true? Bagong patakaran na daw sa LTO.
    iniisahan ka ng ahente mo, hehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The good thing is hindi pa kami nagbabayad ng 'less than 1,200' sa kanya. Sabi nya we can pay him pag nakuha na namin yung plaka.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I saw your Fortuner's pics from fortunerclub, and it looks like you got it from TMI. I went to that dealer several times last year and this year about the Fortuner and I got to deal with a lot of newbie and seasoned SA(s). Pls pm your agent name, just curious if I know the person.

Usually the end plate they do charge a certain variable amount depending on the number that you choose. Luckily, my choice of end plate "3" has no charge to it. Btw, this dealer is Toyota Ortigas and not TMI (Toyota Makati)

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    initially, i think it would be a good idea. if you think you're being shortchanged, you can always try asking elsewhere and using whatever deal you get from there as leverage for your current SA. and then see who comes up with a better deal. chances are, if your current SA values your business, he will think twice about shortchanging you. if he doesn't, then well, you've probably found another SA who'll give you better value for money.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Plate number endings: Guess it really depends on where you buy the car. We got our #1 for no charge.

I don't think you can compare freebies with the Explorer... Ford really gives a lot of freebies as standard, like OTEP says. AFAIK, the full gas tank, tints, plate number, etcetera are all part of the standard package.

Not as good as Chevy's new package... 300k worth of gas... (like their 1 year's worth of gas free sa US).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are some sales execs which like to play up 'standard' equipment and calls them freebies.

Try going to a Hyundai dealer, the sales exec will claim that a fire extinguisher is free with every Starex. It's not 'free' you moron. It comes standard with the vehicle and was installed in the Hyundai factory in Korea.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bry View Post
    I got my Fortuner from the Toyota Makati too. I requested for "1". No extra charge, but it took them almost 7 weeks to get it! (&$#*%#*!!) 1, 2, 7 and 8 are the most in-demand numbers daw.

The usual freebies lang....3M tint, Floor mat, seat covers, umbrella and 10 liters of Gas!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Getting several vehicles from the same SA