New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Helios
    History becomes a legend, and legend becomes a myth nowadays. Sigh. :sigh:
    Looks familiar...?

"And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend, legend became myth
    and for two and a half thousand years, the Ring passed out of all knowledge. Until, when chance came, it ensnared a new
    bearer."

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    thanks guys!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    aha! LOTR yun a. tama ba? hehehe(Off Topic)...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    May kaibigan akong nag stall yung civic nya sa Buendia due to floods. Ang ginawa nya, pilit pinastart yung engine while still in deep waters. Resulta? Overhaul yung engine nya...So i suppose ang problema ay hindi yung umaandar ang engine habang nasa baha kundi yung i-start uli pag namatay. The theory is papasok yung tubig sa muffler kasi the heat of the engine causes vacuum effect. Hihigop talaga yun. Try a to insert a lighted match sa isang empty bottle and cover it immediately, hihigop yun dahil sa flames that burns out the oxygen.

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko
    May kaibigan akong nag stall yung civic nya sa Buendia due to floods. Ang ginawa nya, pilit pinastart yung engine while still in deep waters. Resulta? Overhaul yung engine nya...So i suppose ang problema ay hindi yung umaandar ang engine habang nasa baha kundi yung i-start uli pag namatay. The theory is papasok yung tubig sa muffler kasi the heat of the engine causes vacuum effect. Hihigop talaga yun. Try a to insert a lighted match sa isang empty bottle and cover it immediately, hihigop yun dahil sa flames that burns out the oxygen.
    IMO baka sa air intake pumasok yung tubig if ever, basa ang ignition/distributor, etc.

Hehehe. Sa higlander nilalagyan ko pa ng tubig at sabon ang buong exhaust mula sa headers. Hindi naman sumasabog.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Tama nga... doesn't matter whether you run it, start or whatever, as long as the air intake is above the water level (and wave level), you're relatively safe.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Innoko
    I'd say your example is of another case, since the engine has moving pistons, and it actually displaces the exhaust gases. So, there is actually much higher pressure iside the exhaust ports of the cylinder head, comparing it to atmospheric pressure... No way that water can enter...

Paano pa kaya pag turbo? The turbine fins simply cannot spin backwards while there is pressure on the manifold spinning it....

Yung sa friend mo, di sa exhaust, but sa intake pumasok ang flood water.... and that caused the hydrolock....

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di papasok ang tubig sa tambutso, yung Civic ng friend mo pinasukan through the intake malamang since the intake of Civics (the start of the tube) is quite low. Sucking in water will instantly kill an engine if you try to RESTART it.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No clutch. Kapag na-contaminate ng tubig ang clutch dahil sa kakagagamit mo underwater, hindi maganda ang resulta.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Fact or Fiction