New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    you should try riding with me for a couple of rounds and you'll probably agree it fits my style of driving.
    for arguement's sake, I'll 'have to' agree with you. But I still despise the sound of an A/T with muffler, sintunado talaga. Oh yeah, I also know if its A/T and the driver is shifting as if it was a M/T. I can tell the difference of their sounds.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw, stock muffler. Headers and bigger exhaust pipes (leftover from my previous turbo mod).

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    for arguement's sake, I'll 'have to' agree with you. But I still despise the sound of an A/T with muffler, sintunado talaga. Oh yeah, I also know if its A/T and the driver is shifting as if it was a M/T. I can tell the difference of their sounds.
    I agree pero hindi sintunado ang sound yung sound ng A/T puro vrooommmm...at yung sound nung M/T vroooommm vrooommmm kapag may muffler ka....Meron kase ako naririnig dito sa village namin na ganyan 626 pa na A/T ....Lakas ng tunog ng muffler niya...Eh yun ang gusto niya kaya wala na ako magagawa dun at para more H.P lang...
    :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Marami ngang may monster tach na hindi gumagana, puro ilaw lang. sayang pera hehehehehe ilang litro langis din iyon!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gearspeed
    I agree pero hindi sintunado ang sound yung sound ng A/T puro vrooommmm...at yung sound nung M/T vroooommm vrooommmm kapag may muffler ka....
    depends on the car and a/t tranny type.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by gearspeed
    I agree pero hindi sintunado ang sound yung sound ng A/T puro vrooommmm...at yung sound nung M/T vroooommm vrooommmm kapag may muffler ka....Meron kase ako naririnig dito sa village namin na ganyan 626 pa na A/T ....Lakas ng tunog ng muffler niya...Eh yun ang gusto niya kaya wala na ako magagawa dun at para more H.P lang...
    pansin mo, hindi pataas ang pitch ng sound ng A/T? Or walang pitch at dere-derecho ang tunog hindi kagaya ng M/T may pitch. Kumbaga sa sentence, walang period ang A/T at may period naman ang M/T Yun ang sinasabi kong 'sintunado'

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter

BTW, mitsubishi's CVT isn't as "sporty" as they claim it to be. I have test driven the Lancer MX and it just doesn't deliver "sportiness". Its pretty good for daily commuting though. The same goes for the Honda City's 7speed semi-automatic tranny (but the 1.3L engine isn't really a performance engine to start with).

The CVT was designed not for "sportiness" but for smoother, more responsive and fuel economical running performance..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by yamyam
    The CVT was designed not for "sportiness" but for smoother, more responsive and fuel economical running performance..
    I know... maybe you should tell that to the people at mitsubishi & honda when they are trying to b.s. prospective buyers about the Lancer & City equipted with CVT type tranny.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Marami ngang may monster tach na hindi gumagana, puro ilaw lang. sayang pera hehehehehe ilang litro langis din iyon!
    Cguro mga taiwan made yun...Ang dami taiwan made na autogauge..Hindi ako bumili ng made in taiwan.Ang binili ko splitfire U.S made 6,500 lang...compare it to Autogauge made in Taiwan 6,000 lang 500 lang ang difference..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
aftermarket tachometers