New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Interesting stuff. Based on how much improvement the Mustang has undergone over the past couple of generations, I think there's a good chance Ford will have another hit with the 2015. Still not sure I can wait 1 1/2 to 2 years, so I'll just steel my decision and go for the currently available model. I really don't mind the live rear axle and the handling seemed good enough on the test drive for my purposes. Not planning to track it or mod it much. Mostly for cruising and spirited driving on occasion.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossdx View Post
    Interesting stuff. Based on how much improvement the Mustang has undergone over the past couple of generations, I think there's a good chance Ford will have another hit with the 2015. Still not sure I can wait 1 1/2 to 2 years, so I'll just steel my decision and go for the currently available model.
    Buy a 2013 Mustang GT, then in a few years upgrade to a 2015 if you like it. :D

I really don't mind the live rear axle and the handling seemed good enough on the test drive for my purposes. Not planning to track it or mod it much. Mostly for cruising and spirited driving on occasion.
    I was also able to test drive the Mustang GT at Bonifacio Global City last August, my test unit was the red one.
    The Live axle rear suspension should be fine for normal real world driving.

Speaking of Spirited Driving, the live axle rear suspension is actually good on smooth tracks and other bump-free surfaces.
    Weaknesses? Probably going fast on bumpy roads/ twisty bumpy roads, but most say that the current Mustang's live axle rear suspension is probably the best of its kind after years of tweaking.
    Last edited by AG4; March 10th, 2013 at 01:37 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Buy a 2013 Mustang GT, then in a few years upgrade to a 2015 if you like it. :D

I was also able to test drive the Mustang GT at Bonifacio Global City last August, my test unit was the red one.
    The Live axle rear suspension should be fine for normal real world driving.

Speaking of Spirited Driving, the live axle rear suspension is actually good on smooth tracks and other bump-free surfaces.
    Weaknesses? Probably going fast on bumpy roads/ twisty bumpy roads, but most say that the current Mustang's live axle rear suspension is probably the best of its kind after years of tweaking.
    Yeah! In fact, I'll probably keep the 2013 longer, then think of upgrading 2016-17. That'll give some time for Ford to work out the kinks in the first run of 2015 production vehicles. Probably then there'll also be a mid-gen refresh/minor design update by then.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    wala ba talagang kasamang spare tire yung v8 na mustang dito sa atin, at hindi ba talaga nagana gps nito sa pinas?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gtvguy View Post
    wala ba talagang kasamang spare tire yung v8 na mustang dito sa atin, at hindi ba talaga nagana gps nito sa pinas?
    Is this true na wala spare tire? First time ko makabalita ng ganito. Haha.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    kasi chineck ko unit for release na v8 sa ford alabang at ford edsa parehas walang spare tire, ang kasama lang eh repair kit for the tire its like a green sticky goo, tataka lang ko bakit ganun walang spare tire kahit donut man lang

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    A lot of european cars and sports cars use a repair kit to reduce weight and save space.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Yeah, no spare tire for the Mustang here. My 2010 Subaru Legacy GT didn't come with a spare tire either. Same type of repair kit instead. As jUs- said above, it's normal for some types of cars.

And as for the GPS, yes, the nav system in the Mustang doesn't work for the Philippines (yet). I put that in parenthesis because there's a chance, however slim, that it might down the line if Ford releases some applicable software (or if some third party takes care of it instead).

9. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    ask ko lang hindi ba maapektuhan yung tpms sensor if ginamitan nung repair kit?
    Yeah, no spare tire for the Mustang here. My 2010 Subaru Legacy GT didn't come with a spare tire either. Same type of repair kit instead. As jUs- said above, it's normal for some types of cars.

And as for the GPS, yes, the nav system in the Mustang doesn't work for the Philippines (yet). I put that in parenthesis because there's a chance, however slim, that it might down the line if Ford releases some applicable software (or if some third party takes care of it instead).

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    *gtvguy: I haven't inquired at Ford regarding that, but the repair kit being a temporary fix probably means the tpms will have to be reset after the tire is changed or fixed.

In my years of owning the Subaru LGT, I never had to use the repair kit and it didn't have a tpms, so no feedback there, sorry.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast