New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Hi Any feed back regarding the new ford mustang?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by karl2001 View Post
    Hi Any feed back regarding the new ford mustang?
    Wala pa siguro makapag bigay feedback sa ngayon because they have just released the first batch ng Ford Mustang. See related article from TopGear Phils September is Ford PH's best month of the year so far - News | TopGear.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I saw one last night sa Kapitolyo, Pasig. White ung color. Wala pang plate number

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I've never driven one. But I sat in one. Its a tight fit in the back row for a car this big. It feels very big so I dont know how you can use all that muscle unless you've got an open road.
    I was able to test drive the Mustang GT during the Mustang event at Bonifacio Global City late August.
    It didn't feel that big to drive around (its roughtly the same size as the outgoing Mazda 6)
    We couldn't go fast inside Bonifacio Global City, but I was able to make a quick sprint on my second round (with my window half open so I could hear the V8 exhaust note clearly), you really feel the power (you get pressed against the seat).

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Mustang is not quite as nimble as an Evo or an STI, but it has pretty good handling for a car with a five-point-oh stuffed in the snout. Incredible power, creditable brakes. About the only negative is the push-button manual shifting, a la Explorer, which is pretty useless when you're going fast.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    About the only negative is the push-button manual shifting, a la Explorer, which is pretty useless when you're going fast.
    This method of manual shifting is pretty much present in almost all the new and upcoming AT or Powershift Fords including the New Focus.
    I was wondering if one would get used to it after a certain period (when the owner actually drives the car frequently).
    I wanted to try it out in +/- "S" mode, but the Ford SA/rep just told me to just put it on "Drive", oh well, it was still fun anyway.
    Last edited by AG4; October 14th, 2012 at 05:26 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Saw one along Florida St. Weeks back, blue unit. Probably the one that James Deakin drove. Beautiful car.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    This method of manual shifting is pretty much present in almost all the new and upcoming AT or Powershift Fords including the New Focus.
    I was wondering if one would get used to it after a certain period (when the owner actually drives the car frequently).
    I wanted to try it out in +/- "S" mode, but the Ford SA/rep just told me to just put it on "Drive", oh well, it was still fun anyway.
    It's okay in a "press to overtake" kind of way, but too fiddly for spirited driving or track use. One wonders why they didn't simply incorporate the buttons into the steering wheel, where they'd be more useful.

Having it on the shifter that way means you have to actually grip the shifter fully to center your hand so you can press the button. If it were a +/- system, you could simply lightly touch and flick the shifter.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    It's okay in a "press to overtake" kind of way, but too fiddly for spirited driving or track use. One wonders why they didn't simply incorporate the buttons into the steering wheel, where they'd be more useful.

Having it on the shifter that way means you have to actually grip the shifter fully to center your hand so you can press the button. If it were a +/- system, you could simply lightly touch and flick the shifter.
    I think they didn't put it on the steering wheel because there are too many controls on it, then again, the Taurus SHO, Fusion & Edge have paddle shifters (on some models).

Perhaps, they will revert to the old +/- shift-gate (or add a paddle shift option to the other models) if majority of the people don't like the +/- rocker button on the shift knob.

PS: I don't know if it's a fad, but new Chevys like the Sonic and Malibu also have the +/- rocker button on the shift knob.

Malibu has it on the top portion of the knob.
    Last edited by AG4; October 14th, 2012 at 04:39 PM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mind, it's arguably not any slower than shifting through an H gate, but it's two actions... find gearshift, find buttons, press button... Instead of one... flick stick.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast