New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Only 3.7 Liter V6 and 5 Liter V8 Premium units sa Ford dealers ang available..No GT500 yet...
    So grey market lang pala talaga ang option for GT500. But they do PMS on GT500 except warranty claims right?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CoDer View Post
    But they do PMS on GT500 except warranty claims right?
    According to a Top Gear Ph article from a few years ago, that's usually the case.
    I remember seeing a Mustang GT in the service area of Ford Balintawak some 2 years ago, that unit was obviously a gray market model since there were no Mustangs officially sold here at the time.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    According to a Top Gear Ph article from a few years ago, that's usually the case.
    I remember seeing a Mustang GT in the service area of Ford Balintawak some 2 years ago, that unit was obviously a gray market model since there were no Mustangs officially sold here at the time.
    Thanks for clearing it out.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Wew idol ko tlga GT500 hehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Planning on getting a blue or white GT, but also thinking about the new design 2015 model coming out next year. I don't know if I can wait a year, haha, and the sales reps here don't seem to have any idea whether the new Stang will launch the same year here as the U.S.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crossdx View Post
    Planning on getting a blue or white GT, but also thinking about the new design 2015 model coming out next year. I don't know if I can wait a year, haha, and the sales reps here don't seem to have any idea whether the new Stang will launch the same year here as the U.S.
    I read that they might unveil the next gen Mustang on April 2014 (50th anniversary), possibly in the 2014 New York Auto Show, but it will most likely go on sale on a later date, even in the US. My guess, we'll probably see it 2015.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    I read that they might unveil the next gen Mustang on April 2014 (50th anniversary), possibly in the 2014 New York Auto Show, but it will most likely go on sale on a later date, even in the US. My guess, we'll probably see it 2015.
    If that's the case, then I probably, make that definitely, won't be able to wait 2 years to drive one. The current V8 GT is calling to me. I pretty much fell in love with it during the test drive. Also, there's no telling how the new one will turn out yet in terms of looks. I might end up hating the redesign, whereas I really dig the retro styling of the current gen and could ogle it all day long. The 2015 supposedly will ditch this in favor of a more modern look, to appeal to a younger demographic perhaps.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If that's the case, then I probably, make that definitely, won't be able to wait 2 years to drive one. The current V8 GT is calling to me. I pretty much fell in love with it during the test drive. Also, there's no telling how the new one will turn out yet in terms of looks. I might end up hating the redesign, whereas I really dig the retro styling of the current gen and could ogle it all day long. The 2015 supposedly will ditch this in favor of a more modern look, to appeal to a younger demographic perhaps.
    J Mays, Group Vice President of Global Design and Chief Creative Officer at Ford Motor Company said that the next Mustang will look more modern but still continue to use some design elements/trademarks the Mustang is known for.

When you do retro cars you tend to get stuck in the era you're trying to mimic, the only way to move forward is literally moving forward with the styling.

The 2015 Mustang is expected to borrow some styling from the Evos Concept.

Expect some Kinetic Design combined with traditional Mustang styling elements/trademarks.

2013 Mustang
    Last edited by AG4; March 9th, 2013 at 04:20 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Thanks for posting those pics for comparison, AG4. If the redesign of the 2015 looks anything like that, then it might be too modern for my liking. I think I'll go for the 2013 after all. Deep Impact Blue looks awesome, but I feel that a white car looks very nice as well, and easier to maintain the finish.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for posting those pics for comparison, AG4. If the redesign of the 2015 looks anything like that, then it might be too modern for my liking. I think I'll go for the 2013 after all. Deep Impact Blue looks awesome, but I feel that a white car looks very nice as well, and easier to maintain the finish.
    They will borrow some styling influences from the Evos concept but it will not be based on the Evos concept.
    The Evos concept was meant to preview the new styling direction of Ford, not a specific Ford model.
    One of the cars it previewed was the new 2013 Fusion/Mondeo

Here's the test mule of the 2015 Mustang with the new mechanicals hidden under/inside the current Mustang body.
    New Independent rear suspension.

Test mule with the front end of the 2015 model, most likely to test the cooling etc.
    Last edited by AG4; March 9th, 2013 at 09:16 PM.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast