New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Mind, it's arguably not any slower than shifting through an H gate, but it's two actions... find gearshift, find buttons, press button... Instead of one... flick stick.
    True, i'd prefer the old style shift gate, but perhaps many new Ford owners will get used to the rocker button in time (muscle memory), the same way I got used to operating the Focus' headlight knob on the lower corner of the dashboard, very different from the stalk mounted controls of the old Corolla I learned to drive in.

PS: The best of course is a traditional manual transmission, too bad this option is dying out and has been relegated to the base trim models.
    Last edited by AG4; October 14th, 2012 at 05:20 PM.

2. Join Date
    May 2011
    Ford only offers the paddle shifters to models without the manual transmission. In the case of Mustangs, I doubt that Ford will offer it because paddle shifts are for European brand with high revving engines and very un-american muscle better off stick shift. I have no idea with the Camaro coz I'm pretty sure it comes with paddles.

Those who want manual shifting better stick with greymarket Mustangs.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    does anyone have any idea how to change the map of the Mustang? medyo complicated hindi ata magamit d2 for US lang ata. may local version ba na Map yan?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentUlod View Post
    Ford only offers the paddle shifters to models without the manual transmission. In the case of Mustangs, I doubt that Ford will offer it because paddle shifts are for European brand with high revving engines and very un-american muscle better off stick shift.
    True for most Ford models I guess, the Fusion for example has a MT option for 1.6 EcoBoost models, but paddle shifters are only available for the AT-only 2.0 EcoBoost models.

The only Fords currently available with paddle shifters happen to be North American developed models like the full-size Taurus SHO, Explorer Sport, Edge Sport and Fusion 2.0 EcoBoost models.

I guess the paddle shifters are for the larger high-end/ sports models, which in most cases don't have a manual option.

The Focus ST, Mustang Boss 302 and Shelby GT500 are only available with a MT.

Perhaps the next gen 2015 Mustang (50th anniversary) might get a paddle shifter option on AT models.
    This all-new model will have IRS, and is expected to have a 4-cylinder EcoBoost base engine.
    Last edited by AG4; October 22nd, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Hoping the Mustang GT 500 will be available here!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Dami na mustang sa kalsada! Mas madami pa sa 86, considering na nauna i-launch ang 86 dito! May mga tsikot owner feedback na kaya? On both V6 & V8?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGunn View Post
    Dami na mustang sa kalsada! Mas madami pa sa 86, considering na nauna i-launch ang 86 dito! May mga tsikot owner feedback na kaya? On both V6 & V8?
    Based on current and previous sales reports, Ford sold around 40 Mustangs in September and 45 in October, I guess that means there are now around 85 Mustangs galloping on our streets. :D

Not sure about here, but I think there are some in the FCP forums.
    Last edited by AG4; November 11th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Saw a red mustang yesterday at trinoma parking. Tsikoter ba ang owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Ford Mustang Cash Discount - Less P20,000... Pls call or text me at 09178359042. Thanks

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    What are the selling prices ?

I have seen a blue convertible (top down) of all the places in Rizal Ave. ext. surrounded by puj emitting black smoke.

I also saw another black coupe counter flowing along Ortigas before Santolan crossing last Sunday late afternoon.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast