New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,475
    #31
    White man vely vely bad, no?

  2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    34,205
    #32
    yeah those greedy americans haha

  3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    607
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What's new to me was that Ford engineers knew all along that the DCT was flawed but went through with it anyway.

    That's a big difference from having a thoroughly tested design that just didn't work in the real world.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Yup. I remember reading articles and watching videos (I think it was that bald Australian guy) back in 2018 or early this year. Parang hilaw pa yung technology or alam nila na may problema but they proceeded to sell them anyway

  4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    911
    #34
    Pinagtataka ko dito bakit yung powershift lang na DCT 2010 upwards yung issue.

    Eh DCT din yung Ford Focus na may issue din since dry clutch? Yung kapareho ng mga binenta dito sa atin dati na 1.8L Focus (Sedan/hatch) and 2.0 ata yung TOTL. I think model year nung around 2006 to 2010 ata (approx).

    But, walang bearing din ata yung kaso na ito dito sa Phils market specifically dahil US Market lang yan diba?

    Once nagkaruling diyan, malamang susunud Australia and EU to penalize.

    After ng DCT na ito, natapos na ba kaso ng Ford sa Ecoboost gen 1? Forgot if Gen 2 design nila may issue pa din.

    Edit: Settled na pala yung Ecoboost gen 1 case sa EU.
    Ford to refund 'engine fail' EcoBoost customers - BBC News
    Ford Ecoboost engine failures: customers to receive refunds | Autocar

  5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    607
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Pinagtataka ko dito bakit yung powershift lang na DCT 2010 upwards yung issue.

    Eh DCT din yung Ford Focus na may issue din since dry clutch? Yung kapareho ng mga binenta dito sa atin dati na 1.8L Focus (Sedan/hatch) and 2.0 ata yung TOTL. I think model year nung around 2006 to 2010 ata (approx).

    But, walang bearing din ata yung kaso na ito dito sa Phils market specifically dahil US Market lang yan diba?

    Once nagkaruling diyan, malamang susunud Australia and EU to penalize.

    After ng DCT na ito, natapos na ba kaso ng Ford sa Ecoboost gen 1? Forgot if Gen 2 design nila may issue pa din.

    Edit: Settled na pala yung Ecoboost gen 1 case sa EU.
    Ford to refund 'engine fail' EcoBoost customers - BBC News
    Ford Ecoboost engine failures: customers to receive refunds | Autocar
    Oo nga no? I remember the diesel Focus having a DCT but there were no such issues like this. Odd... baka sumubok ng cost cutting.

    It is said that older ecoboost is prone to coolant loss which leads to engine failure and in some cases, the car itself will burn down. No coolant loss with the 1.5 ecoboost but it is prone to ringland failure in my experience.

  6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,582
    #36
    I know of a ford focus diesel with TCM issues.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8,979
    #37
    ito yung sinasabi ko sa inyo na "you dont need to experience things para maniwala"

    Learn from the mistake of others.

    Why buy ford? Because of porma? good looks? Im already good looking.

  8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    911
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Oo nga no? I remember the diesel Focus having a DCT but there were no such issues like this. Odd... baka sumubok ng cost cutting.

    It is said that older ecoboost is prone to coolant loss which leads to engine failure and in some cases, the car itself will burn down. No coolant loss with the 1.5 ecoboost but it is prone to ringland failure in my experience.
    Not sure.

    But yung Fiesta DCT nung 2010, sigurado yun issue nung nilabas palang yun. Lalo na walang manual override sa shifting to prevent yung shifting back and forth between 1st and 2nd gear during slow crawl.

    Yung 2007/2008 na Focus ng uncle ko, after 3 years of ownership tsaka nagsimula lumabas yung shift shuddering/indecision kung san magstay na gear during traffic, pero at least may manual override yun para di manginig at magstay sa gear.

    Pero sulit talaga kasi presyo ng Focus hatch nun e.

    Alala ko yung 1.8L niya na hatch, mas mura ng around 100k php sa Mazda 3 hatch (pre-Kodo design days and Mazda-Ford pa sila).

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    37,159
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    ito yung sinasabi ko sa inyo na "you dont need to experience things para maniwala"

    Learn from the mistake of others.

    Why buy ford? Because of porma? good looks? Im already good looking.
    "looking good" isn't enough.
    one must also be good.
    in fact, i prefer looking bad but does good, from looking good but does badly.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    10,430
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "looking good" isn't enough.
    one must also be good.
    in fact, i prefer looking bad but does good, from looking good but does badly.
    So, which is kags, doc?Ford Knew How Defective Its Fiesta and Focus Transmissions Were for Years

    Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Knew How Defective Its Fiesta and Focus Transmissions Were for Years