1. Join Date
    Sep 2019
    It is all about profits
    Just like greedy Henry Ford

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Long read, but this is a very insightful article.

Bottomline - the Ford DCT was really flawed from the start and people were right to cast doubts on Ford for the Fiesta and Focus' reliability.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Weren’t there already like a hundred articles saying this? We all know Ford’s DCT is s***. At this point we’re just beating a dead horse.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    The article was long.
    I wonder who from ford conceived the idea and how powerful his/her his manager as a pusher of things.
    Serious corporate politics here.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    So Ford's D in DCT measn Dry pala instead of Dual as per the article.

How is the compensation for the affected customers here in the PH? Haven't read much about it related here in PH.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    So Ford's D in DCT measn Dry pala instead of Dual as per the article.

How is the compensation for the affected customers here in the PH? Haven't read much about it related here in PH.
    It is still a dual clutch tranny but a dry-clutch design. Other DCT's use a wet-clutch design. The dry-clutch design was supposed to be used for low-torque applications. See entry below as per the article:

"There are two kinds of dual-clutch transmissions: wet-clutch and dry-clutch. The difference is whether oil lubricates the clutches. The DPS6 was a dry-clutch design."

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Weren’t there already like a hundred articles saying this? We all know Ford’s DCT is s***. At this point we’re just beating a dead horse.
    What's new to me was that Ford engineers knew all along that the DCT was flawed but went through with it anyway.

That's a big difference from having a thoroughly tested design that just didn't work in the real world.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    channeling kagalingan (making connections... even unnecessary connections)

"ano nangyayare sa amerika?!"

"ung boeing 737 alam nila may problema pero nagbenta parin sila ng eroplano sa mga airline!"

"etong ford alam na may problema sa transmission pero tinuloy parin!"

haha

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What's new to me was that Ford engineers knew all along that the DCT was flawed but went through with it anyway.

That's a big difference from having a thoroughly tested design that just didn't work in the real world.

The Powershift DCT (DSP6) is flawed in design and proved to be very problematic once deployed. VW, BMW, and Mercedes use their own versions of the DCT and their designs were not as problematic as the Ford Powershift DCT.

I guess it was just like in the 90s with the big bruhaha of the Brown & Williamson Tobacco company when they knew all along of the hazards of the cigarettes (Winston) they are selling.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Ford Knew How Defective Its Fiesta and Focus Transmissions Were for Years