New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know you're not here to fight. Again, good luck with everything.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    :grouphugg:

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    :fartysmile1f:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Thanks for the link. I'll post it up at Ford Club when I get the chance.

Guys, let's not turn this into a shouting match. Without evidence to the contrary, we cannot accuse rsc6288 of being a front for anything else or of being an anti-Ford propagandist. As he has shown, this is a known defect in the product he bought and that he is majorly disappointed with the handling he has received. He is no different from the owners of defective Toyota D4Ds or poorly-assembled Honda cars at this point.

And, at rsc6288, don't take it personally, but there is a long history of posers and such trying to create negative publicity for certain brands or corporations, or trying to discredit people who create such publicity. Fireblade is a regular member of our boards, and not part of the latter, but we've received quite a few spurious complaints about Ford/Mazdas without concrete (or logical) basis (look up "Everest" and "Jeepney" in the search function, or the case of the destroyed Focus engine that Ford wouldn't fix because the owner (stupidly) hydrolocked it), so he (and some others) are understandably skeptical.

Personally, being well acquainted with the poor brakes on the Expedition and Explorer, I was skeptical myself, until you provided the link for the recall issue regarding the brakes. The other stuff is just the usual, and not really major problems per se (just by-products of poor workmanship on the part of Ford America... the Explorer is 100% CBU), but I can understand how they added to your frustration.

And, like I've said before, there are lots of bad reports regarding service at Ford Global City. That's why he was offering to help, as it would be a service to other Ford owners like ourselves, if your complaints were to reach the right ears. This would (hopefully) help encourage change at the dealership in question, and help other owners avoid these problems.

I sincerely hope you direct a letter at Ford Philippines yourself regarding your problems. They need to know these things.

-----

In the end, it's an expensive lesson learned... research the vehicle you're buying before buying it. Online forums like this have info regarding even new cars that would be surprising to most (check out the engine support discussion in the Honda Civic thread, or the turbo hose discussion in the Santa Fe thread, or the now infamous D4D woes thread) And follow pre-delivery inspection to the letter. None of the major manufacturers are perfect or free of defect, and if you're not careful, you might be majorly disappointed again.

Good luck with your new vehicle, sir.
    Good Moderator Niky nabawas na yung init a

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Troll alert!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what does FORD mean again? :dunno:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    some observations and my take on this...

1. rsc6288 only posted here with regards to his Ford Explorer problems.

2. rsc6288 & howieyb2001 are using the same IP address. To note, howieyb2001 only posts here in the Ford Explorer Problems thread.

3. With regards to the links to the Mazda6, Ford Windstar & Lincoln LS that have the same problem - the units that showed that kind of problem already have a lot of miles in them (48K miles, 77K miles, etc.). They only exhibited a creaking sound without any degradation to brake performance or brake pedal feel.

4. This is the internet, you can't expect everyone else around here to agree with you. If you can criticize Ford then the same thing can also be done to you.

5. Rattles & a squeaking brake? Come on... my Japan-built CBU SUV has had more defects than that. :lol: Some were fixed by Toyota, some were not.

6. Fireblade offered to mediate so that the Explorer's brake system can be scrutinized again for the new owner (since it was "sold" already) but the offer was flatly refused.

Closing this thread... as said by the others... this is going nowhere.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Ford Explorer Problems