New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    It was changed around mid December last year. They used Shell Helix Ultra AF 5w30.
    ah kaya pala covered.

i have a feeling hindi pinalitan though. that oil looks kind of dark after 60days. is that your daily driver? ilang kilometers ran after that oil change?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ah kaya pala covered.

i have a feeling hindi pinalitan though. that oil looks kind of dark after 60days. is that your daily driver? ilang kilometers ran after that oil change?
    Hindi ko din kasi nakita ang pag change oil niya. But I noticed smoother performance after the oil change, so baka naman pinalitan.

Its my daily driver. Ran for about 800 to 1000 Km siguro after the oil change then this happened.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Burning oil is a sign of broken oil control rings, damaged piston ring grooves or worn cylinders. Or broken pistons.

When you say "short block" that means an engine with NO cylinder head cover, starter, alternator, etc. When you say "long block" it means an engine that just needs bolting in, an almost complete engine sans intake manifold and exhaust manifold. So saying to make sure the replacement engine should have a short and long block together does not make any sense.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Not sure who supplies their pistons. Maybe they are manufactured in house.

This might be a one-off case, or this might affect other 1.5L ecoboost as well. Who knows. Ford said they will be analyzing what caused this. My only problem is I don’t have a car to drive now. Pwede sana magpahiram sila kahit Fiesta man lang. 😂
    Kung manufactured in-house ang pistons nila eh malaking problema yan.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Burning oil is a sign of broken oil control rings, damaged piston ring grooves or worn cylinders. Or broken pistons.

When you say "short block" that means an engine with NO cylinder head cover, starter, alternator, etc. When you say "long block" it means an engine that just needs bolting in, an almost complete engine sans intake manifold and exhaust manifold. So saying to make sure the replacement engine should have a short and long block together does not make any sense.
    yep. burning oil will also have obvious give aways like blue smoke. my uneducated guess leans me toward maybe an unseen defect sa piston na nakalusot sa quality control.
    nga pala curious lang is the car an automatic?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    yep. burning oil will also have obvious give aways like blue smoke. my uneducated guess leans me toward maybe an unseen defect sa piston na nakalusot sa quality control.
    nga pala curious lang is the car an automatic?
    The local Focus 1.5L Ecoboost only came with a 6AT tranny.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Demand Ford to replace no less than a B'new egoboost motor, whole engine in crate

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    ecobooooommm...

kakatakot naman factory defect .palit nalang dapat ng buong makina..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    ecobooooommm...

kakatakot naman factory defect .palit nalang dapat ng buong makina..
    Mas maganda nga buong sasakyan.
    Wala pang update ang Ford kung ano na ang gagawin.

By the way, just posted this sa Focus club. Meron na din pala nagkaroon ng ganitong problema. All in all, 5 na focus including sa akin ang alam ko na nagkaroon ng issue na ganito. Naayos na daw yung iba, pinalitan lang daw ng cylinder head assy.

There really is a factory defect sa batch na ito. Dapat may recall or announcement ang Ford.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A good friend drives a Focus Ecobooost told me he knew of two other people who had the same issue. One is from a heavily modified engine while the other is stock. He is complaining that he is experiencing oil burning with his 1.5L Ecoboost engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bro, I have a question. Did your friend and the other owners drive their Focus hard during the break in period?

I just remembered when my dad and brother test drove and borrowed mine, they said they drove the hell out of it to “test the capabilities” and even reached 160km/h... from what I know, one should not exceed 100km/h during the break-in period...

Any input from them would be great.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast