New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    A good friend drives a Focus Ecobooost told me he knew of two other people who had the same issue. One is from a heavily modified engine while the other is stock. He is complaining that he is experiencing oil burning with his 1.5L Ecoboost engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow. If that is the case, there might really be a recall in the future.
    I did not experience burning oil though.

Did the other owners solve their problems already?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Searching ecoboost blown engine on the internet yields some hits. Broken piston 1.5L ecoboost
    They may be even aware of this.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Searching ecoboost blown engine on the internet yields some hits. Broken piston 1.5L ecoboost
    They may be even aware of this.

Usually its the big ecoboost 3.5L engines. Did my research before buying the 1.5L ecoboost. The results were that there does not seem to be any problems with the 1.5L...

Surprised this happened. At least documented na ngayon.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    It was during highway driving, the check engine light suddenly turned on. Power was down.

Brought it to the casa, they found that cylinder 2 was misfiring. It turned out part of the piston was broken off. Sh***y luck.

Car is still under warranty. Its only 1 year and 8 months old. The engine will be sent back to the factory to be studied according to the casa. They might even issue a recall.

My friend’s Explorer suffered a seized engine right after his 1k km PMS. Not sure about the details but Ford only offered to overhaul the engine. My friend asked for a replacement unit. After some negotiation w lawyers involved, Ford finally agreed to replace the engine. They didn’t do a good job though as the Explorer was in and out of the dealership until my friend decided to dispose it last year.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    My friend’s Explorer suffered a seized engine right after his 1k km PMS. Not sure about the details but Ford only offered to overhaul the engine. My friend asked for a replacement unit. After some negotiation w lawyers involved, Ford finally agreed to replace the engine. They didn’t do a good job though as the Explorer was in and out of the dealership until my friend decided to dispose it last year.
    Damn that is scary. Ganun din sabi sa amin ng ford. They will replace 90% of the engine daw. If that is the case, we might try convincing Ford to just replace the whole unit. Pero mukhang malabo.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Usually its the big ecoboost 3.5L engines. Did my research before buying the 1.5L ecoboost. The results were that there does not seem to be any problems with the 1.5L...

Surprised this happened. At least documented na ngayon.
    Sucks to be the guinea pig. Or at least, the first one to report it to casa. Hopefully it is just a batch manufacturing defect for a certain part.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    how old was the oil?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    how old was the oil?
    It was changed around mid December last year. They used Shell Helix Ultra AF 5w30.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Damn that is scary. Ganun din sabi sa amin ng ford. They will replace 90% of the engine daw. If that is the case, we might try convincing Ford to just replace the whole unit. Pero mukhang malabo.
    Just make sure they replace the short and long block. 90% means that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Just make sure they replace the short and long block. 90% means that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Noted... Hopefully once they replace it, there will be no more issues. Ilang months pa to.

But if there are issues after, baka pa replace ng lang ng buong sasakyan. Bigyan na lang kami sana ng Mustang as compensation. 😂

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast