New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 51 of 285 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    anybody know if this scam also exist in cebu dealership? mahaba kaya ang pila doon?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I wonder, legal ba yang mga ginagawa ng CASA? diba first come first serve yun kasi they took money (reservation fee) from us? I have a different story at Ford Edsa GH, nagusap kami ng agent thru phone and he gave me an offer na para priority, inhouse financing daw, kaso tinanong ko how much rate nila, sabi sakin 8% per annum, which is very high kasi sa bank ang offer nila is 4% per annum, pero we had no choice, my dad really wants the unit badly so we had to go for it, I went to the dealer to meet with the agent, gave the car loan form and 50k reservation, then after a while, binigay sakin yung quotation, ayun na, manloloko pala, iba yung nasa quotation sa binilang namin, 12% yung rate, then I asked bakit hindi 8%, sagot sakin "akala" daw niya, so napikon ako, I asked for the 50k and the car loan form back, Then went home nalang, sobrang na-feel ko na niloko ako and nasayang lang oras ko, inisip niya kasi siguro mukha pa ako bata, pero hindi niya ata alam na ako nagdedecide sa family namen kung what car and whether to buy it or not.. 12% niya is for 3 years ng bank p.o. namen. super badtrip. sana umabot ito sa DTI.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus_ph View Post
    Sabi ng ford global sila dw 3% DI sa ibang dealer 5-10%DI dw charge, damm!! Ganun ba talaga ka demand ang ford explorer ngayon?it worth 2m plus! Kaya yun mga 1.5-1.7m lang like fortuner tucson lang mahaba ang pila!
    Good question bro. I think the 2M price is a different league kaya hindi cya ganun kadami compared to those 1.5-1.7 buyers range. Considering that it's new model, it created a small frenzy (like us) to have one soon. I myself have no plan to buy a car (4 na kotse ko eh) but yet when i saw the new explorer, i wanna have it as a gift for my self.

But then, even though i wanna have it, i am not crazy to be fooled by all these dealers scam method. Sabi ko nga, if i cannot have have it before my bday in Feb, i can let go my desire and wait until Ford run after customer to sell this explorer. Remember, this frenzy is not forever. Just like any new model coming out, after all those that wanna have it first has been served, it's the dealers turn provide freebies etc.. just to sell the car.

Sabi ko nga, all this scam is 2.3M savings for me. Hindi natin ikakamatay o ikaka gutom ang hindi magkaron ng explorer. Until all this frenzy subside, that's the time to screw this dealers and SA. My projection is this should happen by late Q2 or early Q3 of 2012.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2011
    How about "Ford edge", still not available in the Philippines?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *MACSD: Sad truth is, ibang tao gusto magpaloko para lang maging astig sila sa kalye. Kaya malalakas din talaga ang loob ng mga dealers. Pero tama ka, after some time, it will subside. Pero kung matalino ang Ford Phil, ang gagawin nila ay pakonti konti lang ng importation ng Explorer para pwde pa sila makapanggipit ng mga buyers.

*GTS925: I like red vehicles but alam ko yung red ng Explorer is Cherry Red so medyo bright. Ako kasi more to the dark red/maroon.

*FOCUS_PH: Well I kinda resolve the left side mirror problem by just looking the small section of the upper left hand corner ng side mirror (pang blind spot ata yun). Yung small section na yun kc ang range na sanay kong tignan. Kahit maliit lang (1/4 - 2/3 size of the whole side mirror), bearable naman. I'm still looking around kung may mabibiling replacement.
    I think the Limited edition is too high tech. Mamaya diyan, isang part masira, buong Explorer di na gumana hehehe! For me, dapat manual lang yung pang fold ng 3rd row. Or maybe Ford Phil should have also brought the base model kasi alam ko yun di sobrang automated.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I made my reservation earlier today for a black Explorer at FORD EDSA. FYI, the price increase is around 24K+ effective January 1.

Do you guys have any feedback about Federal Phoenix? its their in-house insurance and it costs 70K. At FORD Q.Ave, it is 84K . Same coverage yan. Grabe no?

And oo nga pala, FORD Q.Ave has available units if you get a unit via their in-house financing, pag cash sorry ka na lang.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    I made my reservation earlier today for a black Explorer at FORD EDSA. FYI, the price increase is around 24K+ effective January 1.

Do you guys have any feedback about Federal Phoenix? its their in-house insurance and it costs 70K. At FORD Q.Ave, it is 84K . Same coverage yan. Grabe no?

And oo nga pala, FORD Q.Ave has available units if you get a unit via their in-house financing, pag cash sorry ka na lang.
    Bro,

I would assume your talking about compre insurance. Here's the trick with this guys, the law only require TPL insurance, compre is more of a luxury insurance so you need not get it from them. Them you have your own insurance to handle your car. All my car insurance is covered by Standard, thus i can bargain for the best price. Actually, Standard is offering me 57K for the explorer. So tell those idiots that you'll use Standard at such a price. I will bet my balls, tatapan nila yun price, that's what i got from those idiots at ford global. So you can even tell them 50K and they will still grab it. Don;t be fooled by this SA under the instructions of their greedy dealer owners.

Don't put the blame on the SA, sunod lang sa utos ng mga may-ari mga yan.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    *MACSD: Sad truth is, ibang tao gusto magpaloko para lang maging astig sila sa kalye. Kaya malalakas din talaga ang loob ng mga dealers. Pero tama ka, after some time, it will subside. Pero kung matalino ang Ford Phil, ang gagawin nila ay pakonti konti lang ng importation ng Explorer para pwde pa sila makapanggipit ng mga buyers.
    I guess that's partly true. I more i see it is, this is the first ever time Ford Phil & dealers had experience ang pila sa demand for a certain model so they try to capitalize. I remember, when Toyota first ever introduced the Fortuner, grabe ang lagayan if not buyer has to buy accessories to certain amount just to have crack. Ngayon, halos kung anon-anong low down etc..just to sell a face lifted Fortuner. Now is sellers market, tomorrow this idiots will be kneeling down just to sell those explo.

For those who want to be astig or first owners on the roads, it's their choice to be fooled by this scam. I called the sales mngr earlier just to tell her, let's spare each other trouble, if you cannot provide what we have agreed upon during the time of my reservation, feel free to return my irrevocable reservation. Otherwise, i will surely bring your dealership to court as i have signed document of our agreement. her reply was, she will work it out as sayang din daw order ko. hahahaha...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bro, thanks for sharing. Yes, its the Comprehensive insurance I'm referring to. The drawback if you get your own insurance is that you will be last one in their list to get a unit. I visited three dealers and was told the same thing; Get the insurance they offer and you will be prioritized next to those who avail of their in-house financing. FORD dealers are quite arrogant because of the current demand IMO. They have their own definition of the word "pila".

Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    Bro,

I would assume your talking about compre insurance. Here's the trick with this guys, the law only require TPL insurance, compre is more of a luxury insurance so you need not get it from them. Them you have your own insurance to handle your car. All my car insurance is covered by Standard, thus i can bargain for the best price. Actually, Standard is offering me 57K for the explorer. So tell those idiots that you'll use Standard at such a price. I will bet my balls, tatapan nila yun price, that's what i got from those idiots at ford global. So you can even tell them 50K and they will still grab it. Don;t be fooled by this SA under the instructions of their greedy dealer owners.

Don't put the blame on the SA, sunod lang sa utos ng mga may-ari mga yan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blitz122805 View Post
    They have their own definition of the word "pila".
    Yeah "pila" for them ay pwedeng sumingit at the right price!!

*MACSD: i gotta admit that one of the reasons i got mine this early (originally i wanted it in January 2012 pa) is so that i will be one of the few to own an explorer and besides, i needed a third as well. and luckily, the only thing that i was duped on was the 70K compre insurance (Stronghold Insurance, never heard of it). financing was from bdo with only 1% D.I. but honestly, if they made me get their in-house financing and other money-making scheme of theirs, di ko kukunin yung explorer. I would have just settled for other 3-row suvs or mpvs.

2012 New Ford Explorer