New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 226 of 236 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 2357
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    That's another peculiarity found in the US. Kelangan pa magcompute ng sales tax pag bibili ka. When you eat out tax + tip. Why not include that in the sticker like how most of the world does it?
    exactly, US lang ganyan na the price listed isn't the final price. I prefer to go shopping in states with lower tax like Wisconsin 6% compared to Illinois na 10.25%. What irks me more, pati cities iba iba ang rules. In Chicago, I don't know why the tax is higher ata for bottled water and then you pay .70 cents for plastic bags. Lahat ng kilala ko galit kay Mayor Lightfoot, hindi na daw makakaulit

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    US na lang ganyan sa buong mundo na they have to rely on tips

That's ideal for me, have the blue passport then stay here in PH.
    I remember there used to be a Philippine tourism commercial in the 2000s where the final reminder was "tipping is encouraged". Hated that commercial.

BTW our office janitor once worked at SM Supermarket as a bagger/stocker/cart collector and he said their uniforms don't have pockets so they presumably they cannot pocket small items nor keep any tips (though they all have hiding places in the mall where they keep bills given to them by customers). But for small change like P5 up to P20 they usually share that with the cashier as they always tend to go short during their cash count. But for P50-P100 he keeps for himself.

BTT: was hankering for dinuguan and luckily the karinderia at the corner cooked up a batch today.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    I remember there used to be a Philippine tourism commercial in the 2000s where the final reminder was "tipping is encouraged". Hated that commercial.

BTW our office janitor once worked at SM Supermarket as a bagger/stocker/cart collector and he said their uniforms don't have pockets so they presumably they cannot pocket small items nor keep any tips (though they all have hiding places in the mall where they keep bills given to them by customers). But for small change like P5 up to P20 they usually share that with the cashier as they always tend to go short during their cash count. But for P50-P100 he keeps for himself.

BTT: was hankering for dinuguan and luckily the karinderia at the corner cooked up a batch today.
    There was this guy at landmark supermarket who insisted that he help us bring our cart to the car, we tried to discourage him as we can actually carry the bags but he was very persistent, and at the back of my mind I did not have neither a 20 or 50 in me, so I told myself maybe the guy needs extra income which is why he is persistent, that was the first time I tipped 100 for a grocery cart. I do tip a bit more if it was appliance or furniture. Funny thing is when I sat inside the car, there was a 20 bill in the center console [emoji13]

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    exactly, US lang ganyan na the price listed isn't the final price. I prefer to go shopping in states with lower tax like Wisconsin 6% compared to Illinois na 10.25%. What irks me more, pati cities iba iba ang rules. In Chicago, I don't know why the tax is higher ata for bottled water and then you pay .70 cents for plastic bags. Lahat ng kilala ko galit kay Mayor Lightfoot, hindi na daw makakaulit
    Yeah midwest/red states tend to have lower taxes. Whenever I was there, having to compute for everything added to my anxiety hehe. Then paguwi mo kikita pa yung card company sa forex conversion..

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015

yuck!!!!!

geo yatta sa buong buhay ko twice ako nakakain yan, first highschooL baLe Lunch break sinerve sa akin mama cLassmate ko hindi na makarefuse. Unang tikim niLasahan ko kung dugo tapos 2nd subo hindi na ako humihinga para hindi maLasahan, niLuLom ko agad.

second time nirerecaLL ko saan nakakain but yan na Last ko.

#FEARFACTOR

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    There was this guy at landmark supermarket who insisted that he help us bring our cart to the car, we tried to discourage him as we can actually carry the bags but he was very persistent, and at the back of my mind I did not have neither a 20 or 50 in me, so I told myself maybe the guy needs extra income which is why he is persistent, that was the first time I tipped 100 for a grocery cart. I do tip a bit more if it was appliance or furniture. Funny thing is when I sat inside the car, there was a 20 bill in the center console [emoji13]
    Galante! ₱100 for grocery cart. [emoji23]

The only time I gave that much tip is pag mabigat na appliances or furniture binili ko na dadalhin sa parking lot.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Galante! ₱100 for grocery cart. [emoji23]

The only time I gave that much tip is pag mabigat na appliances or furniture binili ko na dadalhin sa parking lot.

Masarap din ang feeling Sir, knowing na natulungan mo sya.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Ayos ah. Pwede pala bistek ang manok. Magaya nga. [emoji16]

sarap nyan... si ermat tawag dyan manok na may toyo kalamansi so alam na. madali pa! lalo dami sibuyas[emoji108]

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by XTO; February 7th, 2022 at 08:50 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nabe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Nabe

yum!
    ... is that a a camping stove? where's the gas? cute naman!

What particular food are you craving for right now?