Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Girl friend na lang kulang [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Ssssshhhhhhh

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    that's good.
    that means, he won't know just how unsavory her tongue is.
    heh heh.
    The guy was born and raised in the PH, so he is definitely aware of how she speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetlucious View Post
    I think depende pa rin sa lalake.

If a guy is earning big, di na ganun kaimportant if may career yun girl.

If naaachieve naman ng guy yun mga wants nya (big house, cars, able to travel) di na nya need ng help from the wife.
    Yes pero with those guys that I observed, it's definitely not about the money. These guys income are more than enough to live comfortably on a one salary household. It's more of the bragging rights of marrying a woman that's "all that". Maganda na successful pa type.

Quote Originally Posted by viper888 View Post
    This is a country with high gender equality so plenty of smart and talented women end up as career women, at least early in their lives.

So perhaps Filipino Men prefer smart and talented women, not necessarily career women as that is the simply the result of the aforementioned traits.
    Exactly! That's why I always say that Pinays are extremely lucky because there's no discrimination in the work place. In fact, pinoys are one of the most respectful race (?) with their women.

But those men I observed, parang specific na not just a working woman but a successful woman (and from good schools too)

someone said, "marry within your caste".

personally, it's nice being a doctor.
    doctors create their own caste.
    there are no high-end doctors and low-end doctors.
    Definitely not true for me. Not all doctors are equal and there are definitely high end and low end doctors. My Mom's advocacy is public health so she encourages our family to avail of Barangay health services and medicines, paternal Lola ko nagagalit sa kanya. There is a public hospital near our house at running joke sa family namin, dadalhin ka sa X public hospital, and my Dad, brother and I are NO WAY. LOL.

The public hospitals that I look up to are Philippine Heart Center and NKTI.

When I choose a doctor:

1. REFERRAL
    2. Where is the Clinic (Tertiary Hospital preferably)
    3. Surname/Family/Reputation of the doctor (usually doctors are several generations of doctors)
    4. School (Premed and Med) Preferably educated abroad
    5. No health card or very few accepted
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 10th, 2022 at 08:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    The guy was born and raised in the PH, so he is definitely aware of how she speaks
    you said, "hindi pa naman nagtatagalog".
    so he's a furriner; what else was i supposed to think?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    you said, "hindi pa naman nagtatagalog".
    so he's a furriner; what else was i supposed to think?
    He's Filipino but his first language is English, marami naman pinoy na ganyan, doc.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    He's Filipino but his first language is English, marami naman pinoy na ganyan, doc.
    you were not clear.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I'm in COMPLETE SHOCK! Long post ahead but please read

My Paulinian friend has been on dating apps since 2020 ata and she prospected 3 guys

1. First Atenean that she fell for (March 2021) - made a thread about that
    2. Bedan (October 2021)
    3. Second Atenean with runaway bride (September 2022) - that's another story

I told her I like the Bedan. She sends me screenshots of their messages, well spoken and proper. I think they only talked several times on the phone and the last was Feb 2022. When she initiates the guy only likes her messages but on her birthday in August he sent a personal greeting. Anyway, they never added each other on FB but she knows the guy's full name. For some reason, Oct 9 she looked at his public FB profile and saw pre nup photos! How the hell did that happen?!?!

I checked the guy's FB profile and saw that we have common friends! He has 2000+ friends so I figured he is not selective with adding and accepting requests, so for the love of my friend, I added him on FB. He and my Paulinian friend don't have common friends so no way for her to ask about him. In less than 30 mins after my add he accepted me. We have so many connections pala, and his Tita is HS friends with my Tita!!! So her Tita has a tag with my Tita and him! Small world!!! He liked my most recent post which is a pic of mine from the 90s, so I liked his pic too LOL

Here's the shocking part - March 2022 he became official with his GF. I think guy is single since 2018 so it was flooded with likes and comments. October 7 pre nup pics. October 11 I opened my FB and saw WEDDING PICS! How does one go from BF GF in March to Wedding day in October? Logistics pa lang. When were they engaged? How about the church, seminar, reception, catering, bridal gown, entourage gown, flowers, videographer, photographer, invitation, souvenir. Can you do all that in less that 6 mos?!?!? Based on the guy's profile, he comes from a good family and his posts have substance. Physical lang ang negative sa kanya and unfortunately it's glaring kasi panot siya He has a photo with a cap on and he looked good.

I have a feeling and I can't say this to my friend na yung baklang pananalita niya maybe turned off the guy? Also, medyo frustrating friend ko, you have to explain figures of speech and modern terms. Now I just tell her to google terms LOL. The wife seems well spoken based on her posts and I think comes from a well off family. The girl is overweight and bigger than the guy and my friend is prettier. So it means may guys pala talaga na hindi sa looks tumitingin no?

The problem now is my friend prefers top school and good career when before she did not have a standard

Anyway may mga relatively good catch guys pala sa dating apps BUT BUT BUT they want a woman with a good career! I might just sign up when I have a job na. Just kidding.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; October 12th, 2022 at 06:27 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    you can get married near-ASAP, if you are not fastidious with pomp.
    as the Parish Priest says, getting married is next to free.
    it is the extra and definitely optional ceremonies that accompany it, that can eat up a lot of one's time, effort, and money, and extend the wedding timetable "needlessly".

as to choice of partner,
    "your choice is your choice only"; do not assume every body has the same requirements as yours, for their life partner.

i wish the newlyweds my best wishes.

and yes,
    "an untrained mouth" can be a very effective turn-off.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 12th, 2022 at 07:03 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    you can get married ASAP, if you are not fastidious with pomp.
    as the Parish Priest says, getting married is next to free.
    it is the extra ceremonies that accompany it, that can eat up a lot of one's time, effort, and money.

as to choice of partner,
    "your choice is your choice only"; do not assume every body has the same requirements as yours, for their life partner.
    The wedding was nice and en grande so I am puzzled at how they were able to arrange it so fast

I am not assuming. Basis ko lang what society finds conventionally attractive - tall and successful men, beautiful and and s3xy women. Hindi naman bias yung tingin ko sa girl e she's bigger than the guy. My friend is petite, maputi, chinita, big boobs pero negative kasi bakla magsalita but she's good with business English. The wife is well spoken and rich LOL.

Dito sa tsikot may mga nagsasabi ganda and s3xual performance lang kailangan ng babae to hook a rich guy, but apparently that is not so common anymore because rich men also look for equally rich AND intelligent women. At least that's how it is sa experience ng friend ko kasi parati nanalo yung richer and better career/education woman over her

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the venue is something like San Agustin in intramuros or Manila Cathedral, i think the queue approaches one year.

"high-quality" wives?
    andrew E's song is not entirely without merit.

if it is true that attractive women stand a better chance of getting married and bear children,
    after a few generations, dapat ay puro beauty queens na ang mga babae dito.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if the venue is something like San Agustin in intramuros or Manila Cathedral, i think the queue approaches one year.

"high-quality" wives?
    andrew E's song is not entirely without merit.

if it is true that attractive women stand a better chance of getting married and bear children,
    after a few generations, dapat ay puro beauty queens na ang mga babae dito.
    The church is on that level

of course they do LOL. Come on doc, are you telling me beautiful, average and ugly all have the same options/choices? Of course the good looking women AND MEN have better options. Doesn't mean naman na if a man can't get a beautiful woman he won't marry na? He'll go for the next best available option

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast