New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Spanking Children?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffvasquez28 View Post
    Pag matindi-tindi ang ginawa e pinaluluhod pa sa monggo while carrying something na medyo mabigat.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Ginawa ko yan sa sarili ko nung bata ako just to find out how it feels like. I lasted a few minutes lang ata May mga kwento pa nung panahon ng lola ko yung binibitin ng patiwarik Isa pa sa mga punishment ko nung bata ako "face the wall" saka "stand in the corner"

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2 times lang ako napalo ng tatay ko, and it was just 1 whack of his leather slippers each time. di na ko umulit, not because it hurt. wala lang, takot na haha!

i spanked my kids maybe twice na din each of the 3 girls, kasi di nakikinig pag pinagsabihan. isang hataw lang din. gaya-gaya lang kay erpats. natuto na din sila, di na masyadong pasaway, nakukuha na sa salita.
    yung bunso ewan ko, di pa napalo e. only boy. pag yun napalo ko malamang away kami ni misis.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    may kaibigan ko sutil talaga yung anak nya.
    panong hindi magiging sutil, pinalaki sa salita lang ang pagdidisiplina ng anak.
    puro na lang sasabihin "papaluin kita!, makakatikim ka talaga sakin!"
    tapos sinubukan ang face the wall at stand in the corner at grounded for 2 hours. wala lang, tatawanan lang sya ng bata tapos bibilangan pa na sasabihin "2 mins. na lang. tapos na ang grounded ko"
    tapos matutuwa pa yung kaibigan ko kasi parang cute daw.
    sabi ko, e talagang lalaking sutil ang anak mo.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yes, i don't really spank my kids what i do is pitik but not full power pitik more of pang gulat na pitik.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mas masakit kung sinisigawan???

The Wisdom of a Pediatrician. The Heart of a Mother.: Are You a Yeller?

Are You a Yeller?

Mom or Dad, Are You a Yeller? Better Bite that Tongue
    Kids who are yelled at by their parents are more likely to have depression and behavior problems, a new study in Child Development finds. This is no surprise, so why do a study? I think we need studies like this so that academics can remind us parents to take our jobs seriously. I know that I do.

Words cut deeply- particularly the words that flow from a parent’s mouth to a child- whether that child is 6 or 66. We listen to what our parents say to us because this is how we figure out who we are. We are wired this way from birth. As young children we scour our parents’ faces to figure out if they like what we are wearing, if they think the picture we colored is good enough or if they like how fast we run on the soccer field. If they communicate that they like what they see, then we believe we are good. If they never pay attention or berate us, then we believe we are no good. That’s how simple life is for a child. Even as adults, we never stop listening to our parents, because we are connected to them by a need-based love.

So when a parent screams at a child, the pain cuts deeply. Some parenting experts say that kids don’t hear parents scream because they tune them out. I completely disagreed. Kids hear alright, they just pretend not to hear because they simply don’t know what to do with the hurt.

Parents yell at their kids for two reasons. First, do so in an attempt to get their kids to listen. If children are strong-willed, defiant or have bad attention issues and never listen, parents amp up the volume to make them hear. Since they feel that nothing else gets their kids’ attention, they resort to yelling. Second, many parents yell because they can’t control their own anger. When we are tired, irritated and overwhelmed, yelling comes easily. We don’t yell at coworkers, our boss or even other adults. We take it out on the easiest targets- kids who know they shouldn’t yell back. And that’s just not fair.

I frequently hear adults complain about how kids talk. Teenagers swear at school and berate their teachers to their faces. Even young children will mouth off at adults. I recently had a 15 year old girls from a private school come up to me after a lecture I gave and insist that I didn’t know what I was talking about. We all interface with rude kids frequently. They may not raise their voices, but they know how to use words to jab when they want to. So we need to do something about this.

We parents need to get hold of our tongues. When we say things like “you’re lazy, worthless or won’t amount to anything” to kids, they become mean and depressed. Some of us aren’t that blatant but cut our kids down in more subtle ways. We yell at them to do their chores, use a tone which communicates that we believe they’re lazy or maybe we swear at them. When it comes to being nasty, we can get mighty creative.

James tells us that if we get control of the way we talk, then we acquire control over our entire bodies. This is extraordinary. I love that he compares us to horses. Put a bit in their mouths and you control the whole beast. I know that I can be a beast.

He goes on to say in chapter 3: 5, “Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body.”

Could it be that we can start fires in our children by saying mean things or yelling at them? I believe so. Words are that strong. And if that is true, so is the converse. If we are respectful, firm and kind to our kids, we can put fires out in their hearts. Could it be that many of the problems we experience with our kids stem from the way we talk to them? I think so.

So let’s listen to our pal James. This week try an experiment. Refuse to yell in your home- at your kids, your spouse or another loved one. Use only a respectful tone and refuse to say mean things to anyone in your family. Watch to see what happens to your kids’ moods- and to your’s as well. I bet you’ll be surprised.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    ^ Yelling doesn't work.

Proverbs 13:24

Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^I am trying to recall but I have never ever heard my Mom yell. I think yung volume ng voice niya hanggang medium lang ang maximum :bwahaha: Yung Dad ko pag tumaas na boses tumitino na ko

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    i do.

received a lot during my childhood day...am giving the same to my kid when he deserves it. i normally give 3 warnings before i bring out the belt. if i think that he is testing my resolve i'd give it to him. measured naman yung palo. minsan nag aaway kami ni misis because of it at napalo ko na din ang kamay nya cos she was covering the kid. sinabi ko na wag nya ako papakialaman pag tungkol sa disiplina dahil maguguluhan ang bata. i talk to him before and after the fact. sana lang naiintindihan nya ang reason. so far mukhang okay naman syang lumalaki.

i make sure to deliver my promises. be they rewards or punishments.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Laki din ako sa palo at sa personal opinion ko mas nakabuti for me.

Sinubukan din amin ung stand in a corner para sa 2 yr old son ko, umiiyak sha pero hindi nadadala, umulit sa maling ginagawa nya.

So pag need na talaga, pinipitik muna namin ung kamay para marinig namin mag ouch! At mag sorry. Pero pag umulit uli palo na talaga.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    take it from Captain Bright Noah. He knows how to deal with whiny brats

Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast