New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do You Believe in Spanking Children?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 94.12%
  • No

1 5.88%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Do you believe in spanking as a form of discipline to a child? Were you spanked as a child?

I remember being spanked by my Dad (belt) hehehe. I threw a tantrum in the middle of my party and my Dad could not tolerate that :bwahaha:

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yes, at least when I was a kid. Got spanked for a lot of things. Worst was I banged the car when I was 12 years old. Got a beating that I never banged any of their cars until they gave me my own.
    Last edited by [archie]; December 1st, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Parental corporal punishment still works. But it should be used as a last resort. Positive reinforcement works better in some situations but for everything else, a slap on the wrist or a bit of ass whoopin' should do the trick.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    its in the bible...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes. carrot and stick, tested by time.

and to hell with the dswd (and the whole government institution, and all those psychiatrists and know it alls) telling parents they can't do it anymore.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yes, but just up to a certain age...kung nakakaintindi na best to just talk to them.

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    yes. especially now na parang nag-iba na ang attitude ng mga bata. may mga batang parang walang turo ang magulang na masasabi mong "kulang sa tampal" kung mambastos ng mga kababaihan at mga nakatatanda.

huwag naman to the extent na halos mamatay na ang batang dinidisiplina. huwag naman excessive use of force.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have a cousin that is very spoiled. Hindi ma control ng parents niya. We would always comment, "kulang sa palo". His parents don't believe in spanking and I don't think he was even scolded. It's my cousin that runs the house He even kicked his parents out of the master's bedroom so now his parents occupy his room

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Yes. I bet yung mga experts at taga-dswd had their share of spanking during their childhood. It works, wag lang sosobra. Sa mga kuya ko dati di lang palo. Pag matindi-tindi ang ginawa e pinaluluhod pa sa monggo while carrying something na medyo mabigat.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

10. Join Date
    May 2012
    would you respect someone who let you walk all over them, then gave you whatever you wanted? that's just too much. dahil anak sila they feel na they're entitled to anything. the puppy being turned to a pack leader. sad.
    Last edited by cpsolt; December 1st, 2013 at 05:43 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast