The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sacrificed education abroad for love pala si Vinj

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    although there there are still cases of kids who refuse to grow up and leech off their parents. I would admit that I almost fell into that trap when i was young but reality bitch-slapped me quite hard and having my own family really got me on track.

Man i really hate that mentality.
    Leeching off relatives also happens to families all based here in Manila. My Lolo and Lola (paternal) had to finance the family of my Auntie since she married down. My grandparents gave them a house, a business (which always goes bankrupt) and paid the education of all their grandchildren. Ang problema hindi pa nagtino yung iba kong pinsan, so now my 86 year old Lola still pays for the education of her 8 yr old ata na great grand child, yung anak ng apo na pinaaral niya The other grandson refuses to live with my Lola (wants independence) so my Lola pays for his apartment pa, and he even got a car from my Lola. Wow talaga.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    The other grandson refuses to live with my Lola (wants independence) so my Lola pays for his apartment pa, and he even got a car from my Lola. Wow talaga.
    WHAT. A. LEECH.

Thank God none of my close relatives are like this.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    Baka naman na-inlove ka lang, Vinj!

Mahirap talaga umalis pag ganun! Peace!
    ^ Hehehe... you know that Nick Cage movie? The Family Man... I chose to stay.

*C4U, baka pwede kami mag prisinta ni CB to your lola as long-lost apos? j/k

Once you taste the fruits of independence and being able to support yourself, there's no looking back and you'll feel the satisfaction. My better-half, from the day she graduated college, on her own na siya... kaya ayun, she met me....

She still regrets leaving home ever since. :rofl:
    Last edited by vinj; January 9th, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Another "rotten" filipino concept...balato. People expect you to "share" your blessings, no matter how small... Some take it as a slight if they go empty handed.
    Also during X'mas. Bossing, pamasko ko ha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    One thing about the story though. May feeling na sya na hinuhuthutan sila ng pera ng mga kamag-anak sa pinas, nung mabasa ko yung line na "we retired in the philippines" i let out a slight "uh-oh". Alam nya na ganun ang nangyayari tapos sa pinas pa sya tumira, and more than that si gitna pa ng mga huthuterang in-laws tumira? Eh kung di ka ba naman...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Well, the cost of living is still lower here i guess and you have access to excellent doctors. At least he drew the line kaya nawala yung mga kumag-anak. Im sure ngayon pinagsasabi ng mga yun na ang sama-sama nila at kuripot dahil ayaw mamigay.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I agree, rotten mentality din talaga yung "balato" at "pamasko" nang iba. Parang ikaw pa may responsibility and obligation to dole out as if money is easy to get.

Yung mga utang na mga P2K and below, hindi na din inaalala nang iba hehehehe. TY na.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Naku, ganyan yun isang tiyahin ko. Nagdrama doon sa isang tiyuhin ko na tulungan daw siyang pag-aralin yun dalawang anak niya sa mga magagandang college schools. Nung hindi pinagbigyan, nagalit. Gusto kasi ng tiyahin ko na yun eh lahat ng ibibigay sa kanya eh cash.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ang isa pang ayaw ko yung "pasalubong" mentality. Pag nalaman na umuwi ka ng province, hihingi ng pasalubong! Ako pa naman ang tao na ayaw may bitbit sa loob ng eroplano ng mga boxes ng pasalubong.

Aside from the really hard to find treats in Negros, most of the mainstream delicacies ay nasa SM grocery na. So doon ko nalang sila tinuturo.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Article: Why Do **Some** Filipinos Assume That Their Well-Off Relatives Will.....