New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    no need to warm up modern engines with modern lubrication just dont race it till it reaches normal operating temperature

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonub
    no need to warm up modern engines with modern lubrication just dont race it till it reaches normal operating temperature
    Ditto...

I usually idle for 5-10 secs in the morning before i move then i just drive slowly (in low RPMS) until the engine hits normal temp range... tamang-tama, by the time i get out of the subdivision, the car is already up to normal running temp.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    start ng engine, lagay ng seatbelt, turn on ung cd player, tapos alis na at low rev. ok na siguro un. mga ilang secs na rin un e. hehe.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Warm up? 'Bout a minute, then I'm off.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    pag diesel (starex '99) gaano katagal ang warm up?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by yokknekk View Post
    pag diesel (starex '99) gaano katagal ang warm up?
    Sa old school diesel engine ko, mga 15-30 secs idle lang. The i drive slowly (20-30kph) for the next 2 mins. Then normal driving na. Sayang sa diesel if you idle to warm up. And matagal mag normal operating temp ng diesel kung naka idle. It will take you around 15 mins.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Lalo na with the old school, big diesels. Tagal yan mag operating temp.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    There's no need for a warm-up. Just start the car, buckle up, pick your driving song, don on your sunglasses and drive off.

The Honda shop manual allows accelerated warm-ups by opening up the throttle to 3k RPM until the radiator fan starts (optimal temp). This is how they do it in the shop to do certain diagnostics and troubleshooting. It also means that modern engines warm up faster and the oil can get to where it needs to go quicker when the RPM is raised at a prescribed level. In other words, keeping the RPM too low or near idle while driving can actually lengthen the warm up period. Driving your car while shifting between 2-3k RPM is ideal.

Modern A/T cars extend/delay the shift points while the engine is cold so it can warm up faster.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Ditto...

I usually idle for 5-10 secs in the morning before i move then i just drive slowly (in low RPMS) until the engine hits normal temp range... tamang-tama, by the time i get out of the subdivision, the car is already up to normal running temp.
    +1, even in the US winter, motorists just idle the car for 10 seconds, that is enough time for the oil to circulate (0W oil assuming)

just take the driving easy for the first few 100 meters, by then nasa normal operating temp na ang engine.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol5 View Post
    +1, even in the US winter, motorists just idle the car for 10 seconds, that is enough time for the oil to circulate (0W oil assuming)

just take the driving easy for the first few 100 meters, by then nasa normal operating temp na ang engine.
    I think in wintertime, they warm up the engine also because the engine coolant is used in the HVAC to heat up the passenger cabin. It usually takes a few minutes for the engine to become warm enough to raise the cabin temp.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Warm up the engine??