New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Does car nowadays need warm up first in the morning or you can just drove away after starting the engine??

For me I usually warm up th engine for approx. 5 min before drving off...

how bout you people?? Thanks..

WBR,

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    sayang lang. You get 0 km/l for 5 minutes. The guideline for cars now is I think go easy on the engine for 5-10 minutes until you get normal temperature. No revving on startup like some people do. di pa nga nakakacirculate yung langis, stressed kaagad.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    This depends on your vehicle, usually it is stated in your manual.

For our Accord, it is stated that there is no need to warm up the engine, the car may be driven within a minute of starting.

According to the manual warming up the engine only wastes gasoline.

And also consider our climate, optimal driving temp is reached pretty quickly.

I don't warm up my engine. No need to warm up the engine, since your using multi viscosity motor oil. Its actually more advisable not to warm up the engine since we live in a tropical country, now if we live in a cold country that would require warming up.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    well i just warmup for 30secs then drive off keeping the revs below 3k

One more thing, Don't rev your engine too hard until you reach normal operating temps, just to make sure all the motor oil has circulated inside your engine.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    According to the honda civic's manual, wait 30 seconds after starting up the engine to let the oil circulate then u can drive at low rev.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i warm up my car until it reaches 800rpm. =)

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    pag nasa NE USA ka warm up talaga.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i warm up my car if i have the time... hanggang mag normal operating temp bago ako umalis. pero pag nagmamadali high gear lang ako then low rev... para mabilis pa rin takbo hehe

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Warm up the engine??