New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have been filling oil to the mark for decades now.. no issues, either.

now, why don't the car manufacturers recommend this "slight underfilling" if it is as beneficial as some entities say?
    devil's advocate here..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Kaya nga po nagkakaroon nang sludge yun engines natin. Sobrang tagal na nun oil inside with so much pollutants nagiging putik na. D na kayang linisin nang filter saka yun viscosity nang oil nag degrade na din.

Basta malinis yun langis kahit i redline nyo yun rpm nyo walang sisirain yan sa loob. Dahil walang mag cause nang friction dahil malinis yun langis.

Sa punong paglalagay nang langis or sobrang langis. Try nyo po kumain na busog na busog at tumakbo kayo after. Ano pakiramdam? Same principle sa engine. Ask the mechanics of a race car. They do not fill the engine in full capacity and they always change oil frequently kahit fully snythetic pa yan na 0w pa ang grade nang oil na ginagamit nila.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i have been filling oil to the mark for decades now.. no issues, either.

now, why don't the car manufacturers recommend this "slight underfilling" if it is as beneficial as some entities say?
    devil's advocate here..
    Kasi po yun ang full capacity nang engine nila. Kung 4liters e d ilalagay nila 4 liters syempre sir. Whether your oil level is at just above minimum up to full. Your engine can run without any problems. But kung just above the min.level sa dipstick you can use the cars just don't rev it to it's limits until you are at least 3/4 from full.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlakes88 View Post
    Kasi po yun ang full capacity nang engine nila. Kung 4liters e d ilalagay nila 4 liters syempre sir. Whether your oil level is at just above minimum up to full. Your engine can run without any problems. But kung just above the min.level sa dipstick you can use the cars just don't rev it to it's limits until you are at least 3/4 from full.
    if you put in just 3/4 of the volume, that oil will have a higher concentration of "impurities" than if you put in the full 4 liters.
    that might translate to more abrasives running inside that engine...

but yes, the recommendation is between min and max..

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

if you put in just 3/4 of the volume, that oil will have a higher concentration of "impurities" than if you put in the full 4 liters.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    I would choose a clean mineral oil than a dirty fully synthetic oil. Kung walang budget i'd change my oil still even with just mineral oil. Saka na mag snythetic pag next time may pambili na. Important thing is the oil in your engine is clean.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2015

For me atleast at 3/4 level is good enough to rev your engine to it's redline. This is what i am saying. But who does maintain 3/4 oil level in their engines?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    For me atleast at 3/4 level is good enough to rev your engine to it's redline. This is what i am saying. But who does maintain 3/4 oil level in their engines?
    maintaining it at 3/4 entails the same effort as maintaining it at max (full).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2015

All i'm saying sir is that for you to rev your engine to it's limits at the minimum you have to have 3/4 capacity of oil in your engine or your engine will be deprived of oil and may be damaged when revving it to it's limits.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Just so happens my engine requires 3.2 liters of oil. If my engine requires 4liters then i would top it off with just 3.8liters.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    All i'm saying sir is that for you to rev your engine to it's limits at the minimum you have to have 3/4 capacity of oil in your engine or your engine will be deprived of oil and may be damaged when revving it to it's limits.
    maybe this is the reason why manufacturers recommend filling the oil to max. para may kaunting patawad, just in case nalimutan ninyong dagdagan ng langis nang matagal na at nag-redline kayo one day..

maybe this is the reason why manufacturers recommend filling the oil to max. para may kaunting patawad, just in case nalimutan ninyong dagdagan ng langis nang matagal na at nag-redline kayo one day..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast