New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 565 of 655 FirstFirst ... 465515555561562563564565566567568569575615 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,650 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by arjay18 View Post
    Just kinda worried about their quality since the price seems too good to be true. Reviews I've seen seems mixed. What is your opinion sir?
    I use Zic X7 5w30 API SN/ILSAC-GF5 on my Forester XT. I have used it also on my Fiesta Ecoboost. Maybe that will change your views about it. Subaru and Ford have stricter oil requirements on their turbo engines compared to the usual NA engines of Honda or Toyota.

Oks naman, no difference with other oils I have used. I will use Zic again on my next oil change. Maybe the X9 for a change.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    its a big brand bro. SK ZIC is a subsidiary of SK Group.
    Just never heard of them thats all. Seems like the x7 5w-30 has no CI-4 rating as compared to 10w-30 that has it on the bottle. Whats up with that? Will the 10w-30 give the same FC compared to 5w-30?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just never heard of them thats all. Seems like the x7 5w-30 has no CI-4 rating as compared to 10w-30 that has it on the bottle. Whats up with that? Will the 10w-30 give the same FC compared to 5w-30?
    Check your car's manual and use what is recommended there. If the manual indicates 5w30, then use that viscosity. If you can't find one, the manual will suggest an alternative viscosity.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    0-1% diff bro haahahha. glad you asked

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Ilan na ba yung sulfur levels ng diesel dito sa pinas? < 50ppm sulfur o Euro IV standard na ba? Mukang ayoko pa gamitan ng CJ4 or CK-4 oil yung forty ko pero parang gusto ko itry yung Amsoil Signature series 5w30 na CK-4. Kaso CJ-4 oils pataas kelangan ultra low sulfur fuel unless gusto mo mahati yung rated life ng oil mo due to high sulfur levels.

Naka Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 (CI-4 plus) ako ngayon sa Forty 2.5 (2kd-ftv), with a Donaldson P550335 oil filter.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by leoblack9 View Post
    Ilan na ba yung sulfur levels ng diesel dito sa pinas? < 50ppm sulfur o Euro IV standard na ba? Mukang ayoko pa gamitan ng CJ4 or CK-4 oil yung forty ko pero parang gusto ko itry yung Amsoil Signature series 5w30 na CK-4. Kaso CJ-4 oils pataas kelangan ultra low sulfur fuel unless gusto mo mahati yung rated life ng oil mo due to high sulfur levels.

Naka Mobil Delvac 1 5w-40 (CI-4 plus) ako ngayon sa Forty 2.5 (2kd-ftv), with a Donaldson P50335 oil filter.

Gunning for a long OCI (1 year or 12,500km at most). Nakastock ko pa dito mga Baldwin Bt223s, may fram ultra XG3600 pa ko (oversized filtesr)

107k current mileage / 7 months or 10,000km na from last oil change.
    euro4 naman tayo. fuel dilution shouldnt be an issue if you do oil changes every 6mo. but it seems like you prefer 10,000km intervals.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    euro4 naman tayo. fuel dilution shouldnt be an issue if you do oil changes every 6mo. but it seems like you prefer 10,000km intervals.
    Yup. Naiisip ko sayang naman yung heavy duty filters pag short lang OCI mo. So why not go all the way and use a top of the line Synthetic na Group IV / PAO / Esther based over conventional GRPIII/II oils and go for 1 year OCIs.

It seems more sensible, except during the times when I get stuck in heavy traffic I rethink of my OCIs intervals... "severe service" ika nga.

So currently i'm on the Delvac which is has very low wear numbers sa UOAs on other forums. Pero ayoko lang maingay, so I was thinking of a 30 weight oil to run next time.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I was able to purchase a second hand 2016 Fortuner 2.4L G Diesel A/T and ang sabi ng original owner ay last oil change nya is fully synthetic sa casa and the next oil change is after 10,000km na... I want to continue using that fully synthetic oil, but not in the casa since by its next PMS out of warranty na sya. Question ko lang is ano ba yung oil viscosity ng Fully Synthetic for a diesel engine? What about young semi-synthetic ano ang viscosity? Been checking the manual but I cannot figure out which is the full synthetic from the semi, and from the mineral oil... noob here...

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    I was able to purchase a second hand 2016 Fortuner 2.4L G Diesel A/T and ang sabi ng original owner ay last oil change nya is fully synthetic sa casa and the next oil change is after 10,000km na... I want to continue using that fully synthetic oil, but not in the casa since by its next PMS out of warranty na sya. Question ko lang is ano ba yung oil viscosity ng Fully Synthetic for a diesel engine? What about young semi-synthetic ano ang viscosity? Been checking the manual but I cannot figure out which is the full synthetic from the semi, and from the mineral oil... noob here...
    PM mo si crazy_boy IIRC 5w30 zic 6L gamit nya

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by attyallanlatras View Post
    Check first if the engine is leaking oil (thin oil will drain fast so its not beneficial for a leaking engine)

If not leaking the highest Cx rating is the best and the thinnest oil will be the best for your engine

Since you opted for fully synthetic then get fully synthetic labeled oil u can find

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?