New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 562 of 655 FirstFirst ... 462512552558559560561562563564565566572612 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 6542
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dunkindd View Post
    Ever heard of platinum oils? dami nyang approvals. Sa lazada enticing presyo nya. Nasa 1300 lang ung isang gallon.

Product details of Platinum Formula Syn Fully Synthetic Engine Oil - SAE 5W-30 API SN & CJ-4 - 4pcs x 1 Liter
    FORMULA SYN 5W-30 is today’s most up-to-date engine oil formulation technology providing the highest degree of protection, engines cleanliness, extended drain interval, and fuel economy.
    PRODUCT BENEFITS

APPLICATIONS FORMULA SYN 5W-30 is designed for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles including the latest 2012 models with performance rating even up to API SN . The new technology formulation also meets the requirements for diesel-fueled passenger vehicles requiring performance rating even up to API CJ-4 .

APPROVALS

API SN, SM, SL, CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4, CH-4 ACEA A3/B3-08, ACEA A3/B4-08, ACEA C3-10
    BMW LONGLIFE-04 GM DEXOS 2
    MB P299.31 PORSCHE
    ILSAC GF-5, GF-4 VW 502.00 / 505.00
    FORD WSS-M2C946-A & WSS-M2C929-A CHRYSLER MS-6395
    VOLVO VDS-4 RENAULT RLD-3
    CAT ECF-2/ECF-3 CUMMINS 20081

eto website nila SYNTHETIC - PLATINUM OIL
    Quote ko lang ulit itong Platinum Oils.

Anybody tried it?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by allaindungo View Post

Anybody tried it?

I've never seen a 5w30 oil that meets highest specs for both gas and diesel at the same time.

most oils are either gas biased or diesel biased...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009

Anybody tried it?
    Seems like a legit brand. Though, there are some trust issues they need to address:

1. As SE pointed out, the specs/certifications seems too good to be true
    2. They differentiate their products as "Fully-Synthetic", "Semi-Synthetic" and "Synthetic Blend". The last two tiers technically should mean the same thing
    3. They appear to be more interested in marketing their products (promos, events, seminars, etc.). Similar behavior I've seen from Pertua. This may not actually be a bad thing but, I am skeptic of anyone who hard-sells me anything.

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Eh tignan mo naman yung poster kasi, obvious na sales associate ng company/distributor yun.
    Gumawa lang ng account dito sa Tsikot para mag advertise ng product nila.

5. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    Eh tignan mo naman yung poster kasi, obvious na sales associate ng company/distributor yun.
    Gumawa lang ng account dito sa Tsikot para mag advertise ng product nila.
    Ay ako po di po ako associate. Hehe. I am actually looking lang sa lazada/shopee. Tas napansin ko lang mga yun. Meron pa nga isa pang brand ung "Raimol".

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    I was referring to yung quoted na "dunnkid" na account.

7. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post
    I was referring to yung quoted na "dunnkid" na account.
    Eh yung "Raimol" nakita nyo sir? Dami naglalabasan na local oil. Tas nakita ko from one comment sa lazada na outsource daw nila ung oil sa singapore then adding additives/formulate nalang na in-house para maging original.

Coming from the seller sa lazada. Dko nalang mahanap ung comment nya.

8. Join Date
    May 2018
    I just buy whatever oil's cheaper, regardless of brand, and change it every 6 months at the latest.
    Basta pasok ang specs sa recommended API and viscosity dun sa manual ng vehicles namin.

Kung may pang multi fleet dual use na diesel/gas (ex API CI-4/SL), we buy in bulk and use sa lahat ng vehicles. Wala pa naman kaming nasirang sasakyan because we didn't use fancy oils.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Eh yung "Raimol" nakita nyo sir? Dami naglalabasan na local oil. Tas nakita ko from one comment sa lazada na outsource daw nila ung oil sa singapore then adding additives/formulate nalang na in-house para maging original.

Coming from the seller sa lazada. Dko nalang mahanap ung comment nya.

it is easy to claim the sun and the stars.
    all one has to do, is to repack the bulk-purchased product, and print whatever promises one can dream of, onto the package.
    and wait for the costumers to come rushing in. most of them do not have an inkling of how to check their oil's claims, anyway.

to be comfortable with the product's real characteristics,
    i buy from the gas station the oil that fills my car's specs. mineral lang! replace every six months or 5K, whichever comes last.
    i even have their mechanics do my oil replacement schedule.
    no waiting, and done inside of an hour. plus, i do not have to worry about what to do with used oil.

i read somewhere, some time back, that ordinary oil is good enough for everyday driving.
    special oil (whatever that means) may be useful if one's driving is in the extremes of the edge, where fractions of a second matter, etc etc.
    "it is expensive to be water mitty."
    heh heh.
    Last edited by dr. d; October 10th, 2018 at 11:25 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it is easy to claim the sun and the stars.
    all one has to do, is to repack the bulk-purchased product, and print whatever promises one can dream of, onto the package.
    and wait for the costumers to come rushing in. most of them do not have an inkling of how to check their oil's claims, anyway.

to be comfortable with the product's real characteristics,
    i buy from the gas station the oil that fills my car's specs. mineral lang! replace every six months or 5K, whichever comes last.
    i even have their mechanics do my oil replacement schedule.
    no waiting, and done inside of an hour. plus, i do not have to worry about what to do with used oil.

i read somewhere, some time back, that ordinary oil is good enough for everyday driving.
    special oil (whatever that means) may be useful if one's driving is in the extremes of the edge, where fractions of a second matter, etc etc.
    "it is expensive to be water mitty."
    heh heh.
    i fully agree with you doc...Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Mineral , semi synthetic or fully synthetic?