New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Niky, Dr D, OJ88, etc., I do not have to prove anything to you, what for? "Nasubukan" ko na ang magnetic device from UK. Hanggang 10% lang ang fc improvement. Made my 1998 L300 run more silent, too.

Q: "Nasubukan niyo na bang gumamit nito sa euro 2 engine?" (Pls dont use on euro 4 engine, because it may confuse the ecu, then, it will have to be reprogrammed)

Pls make subuk-subuk, then, make comment; otherwise its 'fake news'.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pyramid00 View Post
    Niky, Dr D, OJ88, etc., I do not have to prove anything to you, what for? "Nasubukan" ko na ang magnetic device from UK. Hanggang 10% lang ang fc improvement. Made my 1998 L300 run more silent, too.

Q: "Nasubukan niyo na bang gumamit nito sa euro 2 engine?" (Pls dont use on euro 4 engine, because it may confuse the ecu, then, it will have to be reprogrammed)

what i said was, i'd take him seriously if i thought he was talking sense.
    Last edited by dr. d; June 30th, 2017 at 01:04 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    [QUOTE=dr. d;2847907]

i would, if i thought there was sense in what he was saying.
    after all, no one holds the patent to intelligence and common sense.

btw, you seem to be getting recurrent attacks of hypertension. why don't you try the more traditional western medication? it might prove better at controlling the blood pressure.
    Sir, di ba lucky na na ako dahil this is my 50th? Ang kuya ko, hanggang 2-3 lang. Remember the 2 ABS-CBN directors na natagpuan na lamang na malamig na bangkay; at maraming pang iba?

Doc, mula ngayon, I will try to take meds for my hpb (together with the iso-tone), and also for my vertigo, and stomach gas.
    A friend who is taking some meds for hbp said it costs P5-P10. Mura lang naman pala. Thank you doc.

Pero, make subok-subok, pls.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [QUOTE=pyramid00;2847918]
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

Sir, di ba lucky na na ako dahil this is my 50th? Ang kuya ko, hanggang 2-3 lang. Remember the 2 ABS-CBN directors na natagpuan na lamang na malamig na bangkay; at maraming pang iba?

Doc, mula ngayon, I will try to take meds for my hpb (together with the iso-tone), and also for my vertigo, and stomach gas.
    A friend who is taking some meds for hbp said it costs P5-P10. Mura lang naman pala. Thank you doc.

Pero, make subok-subok, pls.
    that would depend on your definition of "hypertension attack".
    to some people, they define it as any blood pressure reading over 140/90. their "attacks" occur every day. that's over 300 "attacks" a year.
    to others, if they are still able to stand up and walk, "it's not an attack".

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    what i said was, i'd take him seriously if i thought he was talking sense.
    Syempre po, pero bihirang tao ang expert sa maraming bagay (e.g. n tesla). 'jack of all trades, master of none', ika nga.

I reiterate to make subok, then, comment; pls.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    [QUOTE=dr. d;2847919]

that would depend on your definition of "hypertension attack".
    to some people, they define it as any blood pressure reading over 140/90. their "attacks" occur every day. that's 365 attacks a year.
    to others, if they are still able to stand up and walk, "it's not an attack".
    ok, youre the doctor. i only consider it an 'attack' if i get dizzy followed by a blank mind. In 1 1/2 years, = 50X.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The burden of proof always lies with the claimant. Not the questioner.

I have access to two or three different dynos and testing facilities, plus friends with OBD scanners, Wideband O2 and other testing equipment.

Send a demo unit and we'll test it opposite a placebo cast/molded in the same shape on a modern car with electronic engine control.

Testing format A-B, A-B, A-B (to normalize for differences between cold and hot running conditions and weather changes during the day), on the dyno, with the engine held via dyno brake at a specific rpm, to test for constant throttle consumption. Blind test versus placebo, semi-randomized by coin flip.

If you really want, we can even do double-blind placebo fuel runs on the highway, same format, A-B, A-B, A-B. Clear highway, cruise control (so no cheating).

But of course, you'll have to pay for the gas.
    Sir, hindi pala pwede ang nuvi-nuvi sa modern engines. Last time we installed on a fortuner, parang nalulunod. When the 02 sensor 'sees' the increase in 02 flow, it will interpret this as a lean burn, so it will dump more fuel. The 'cure' would be to use an EFIE device. If imported, this will cost 50-100usd. There are circuits on the web, so i could make one, but that would be much later. (Sa crosswind specs, baka pwede.)

I only know about the dyno testing facilities of Speedlab. (P4k-5k/test before) We wuld like to test our device on a dyno; before and after lang on our Nissan Sentra 1994 for our own peace of mind, probably next month. Meron pa bang dyno testing facilities sa MM aside from Speedlab? Yong pinakamura?
    Last edited by pyramid00; July 4th, 2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: spelling

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It's the claimant who bears the burden of proof, not the critics.

Lots of dynos here. If the manufacturer or distributor is really interested, it is very easy to set up an impartial test.

Also, I improved economy 10-15% with nothing but illustration board and duct tape. But I actually documented and tested this via an A-B test with multiple data points.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/f...g-a36-20160402

Only reason I haven't done this on my personal car is a.) It looks ghetto, and b.) I don't have the time to fab up a better looking fiberglass kit.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. It's the claimant who bears the burden of proof, not the critics.

Lots of dynos here. If the manufacturer or distributor is really interested, it is very easy to set up an impartial test.

Also, I improved economy 10-15% with nothing but illustration board and duct tape. But I actually documented and tested this via an A-B test with multiple data points.

Only reason I haven't done this on my personal car is a.) It looks ghetto, and b.) I don't have the time to fab up a better looking fiberglass kit.

Sir, we dont want to give proof about the performance of nuvi-nuvi. We owe it to ourselves to be satisfied with the expected results.(whatever the dyno results will be). What we want to do is; have our old vehicle be dynoed on a monday, install the device/s and come back again on the next monday for the 'after' test. Walang gagawin sa car except use it between manila and cabanatuan.

I dont know the mechanics of decreasing a 10%-15% fc using board and duct tape. What is the principle behind that?

This dyno test will be on power increase, isnt it? A - B test only. No test on fc, smoke reduction or whatever. Only a dyno result. Is it still p4k/test with speedlab? Thanks for any info.
    Last edited by pyramid00; July 4th, 2017 at 09:37 PM. Reason: spelling

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009

I don't have to try it to know it's crap. I know how to appreciate good piano music even if I can't play a single tune. By the same reasoning, I will be skeptical to any product that sells itself as a cure-it-all.

It's a fake product.... along with all them 'miracle' gadgets.

Ma-coconfuse yung ECU warranting a reprogramming? From what, 'magnetized' fuel? LOL! You're forcing anting-anting type logic and passing them off as science.

Magnafuel review?