Our car is a 2007 Toyota Avanza G 1.5 AT Engine. I have been busy in the province since early this year and I forgot to have the oil changed. Last week, my son was driving the car when the dashboard indicator light for the oil lit up. However, he did not know what it meant so drive on pa rin siya until kumatok na nga ang engine dahil natuyo na ang engine oil. Upon consulting with a shop and other knowledgeable friends, the conclusion was that an engine overhaul was needed. So I had the car towed (flatbed) to a friend's shop and when the engine was brought down and disassembled, they cleaned it and told me to bring it to a machine shop. According to them, the machine shop will determine which parts would be needed to be replaced and what parts could be salvaged. They would also be doing other things required for the overhaul.

I brought the engine to a machine shop near our house and the estimate they gave me amounted to almost P46K!!! This was only for the works that they would be doing and excluded the cost of the parts to be bought.

Ganito ba talaga ang gastos ng engine overhaul??? Can you recommend me a cheaper, but reliable machine shop? PLS. PM ME... Ang location ko is near west Ave. in Quezon City. Tomorrow, I will be going to another machine shop located at Roosevelt Ave. near the corner of Quezon Ave. to compare the work needed to be done and their costs.

FYI, the shop I initially consulted with (also near our place) told me their labor would be a flat rate of P17k, and that the machine shop cost would be around P10k and cost of parts would depend on the condition of the engine pag binaba na at dinismantle. Rough estimate nila was a total cost of around P50k.

PLEASE HELP GUYS, I NEED YOUR ADVICE!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE!