New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Some vehicles have EGR cooler some only direct plumbing from exhaust to EGR valve. Some EGR valve and EGR pipe have built-in coolant, usually water cooled. This can be noticed by the hose around and water jackets if you open it.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Question po mga Sir,

If I am using Diesel with 2T oil combo, will it lessen the soot build up in my EGR? or is it better to block it off?
    Any 2.5 d4ds with EGR blocked? kindly share your good and/or bad experiences regarding the modification.

Innova with 5XXX Kms mileage. I am really interested with the modification, knowing that it will prolong the life of my engine.

As to date, all i know is:
    soot/Nox is bad for humans (i haven't heard of any Filipino that is exposed daily to jeepneys and buses that most of them are smoke belchers that became critically ill), and
    soot is bad for a diesel engine with an EGR

3. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by innova2013 View Post
    Question po mga Sir,

If I am using Diesel with 2T oil combo, will it lessen the soot build up in my EGR? or is it better to block it off?
    Any 2.5 d4ds with EGR blocked? kindly share your good and/or bad experiences regarding the modification.

Innova with 5XXX Kms mileage. I am really interested with the modification, knowing that it will prolong the life of my engine.

As to date, all i know is:
    soot/Nox is bad for humans (i haven't heard of any Filipino that is exposed daily to jeepneys and buses that most of them are smoke belchers that became critically ill), and
    soot is bad for a diesel engine with an EGR
    I know this is a year old discussion but it does this include gasoline engines? Pansin ko puro diesel engines ang naguusap?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mongobread View Post
    I know this is a year old discussion but it does this include gasoline engines? Pansin ko puro diesel engines ang naguusap?
    EGR blanking is only for Diesel fed engines sir AFAIK :D most of the Montero and Diesel Fortuner owners I know do blank their EGRs....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBawang View Post
    EGR blanking is only for Diesel fed engines sir AFAIK :D most of the Montero and Diesel Fortuner owners I know do blank their EGRs....
    Thank you for the confirmation sir.

I was researching kasi, my mechanic said I don't need it and kept removing the vacuum hose that I put on the car. I'm trying to research if it's okay to disable the EGR on petrol engines and I bumped into this thread.

I'm trying to learn car mechanics kasi restoring/fixing a 4g15 carb engine.

My mechanic is always pushing that I don't need thermostat and EGR..

Can anyone else confirm that I should re-connect my EGR? (And yes I'm putting a thermostat to my engine as well)

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013

I was researching kasi, my mechanic said I don't need it and kept removing the vacuum hose that I put on the car. I'm trying to research if it's okay to disable the EGR on petrol engines and I bumped into this thread.

Can anyone else confirm that I should re-connect my EGR? (And yes I'm putting a thermostat to my engine as well)
    If you complain of air pollution, put your egr back.

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i am pro blanking EGR...just make sure to unplug(-) terminal after blocking. re-plug after 10 mins.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Guys help naman. Naiintriga ako sa EGR blanking. I have a diesel 2011 adventure diesel. Gusto ko lang malaman yung Pros saka Cons sa pag blank ng EGR. Nung tinanong ko kasi mekaniko wag daw iblank kasi hihina daw yung hatak ng sasakyan. Any comments and suggestions? Ty

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

Blocking the egr can cause a gasoline engine to overheat especially in traffic. gasoline engines also produce more NOx so it does need the egr to be working.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Guys help naman. Naiintriga ako sa EGR blanking. I have a diesel 2011 adventure diesel. Gusto ko lang malaman yung Pros saka Cons sa pag blank ng EGR. Nung tinanong ko kasi mekaniko wag daw iblank kasi hihina daw yung hatak ng sasakyan. Any comments and suggestions? Ty
    Kaya nga bina-block ang egr sa diesel para lumakas ang hatak at mabawasan ang soot. Palitan mo mekaniko mo.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast