New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    hi.
    does anybody ever tried using ethanol blended gasoline on your car with carburetor?
    thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    As far as i know, E10 is for fuel injected cars only

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I tried using Shell E10 on my honda (carburetor) and napansin ko na pangit burn ng gas. Actually ang ingay ng tunog ng makina at malakas vibration so I switched back to Petron Xtra Unleaded. Ok na ulet ang takbo, smooth na ulet and di maingay.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    are gasoline depends on the car?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have been discussed here and in other forums as well.

to summarize:

- E10 is recommended for EFi engines only. E10 on carburators would tend to melt the fuel lines as well as to corrode the carbs.
    - But in EFi engines, there are also some adverse effects. An example is ghosthunter's Toyota Corolla GLi.

But:

Considering that all gasoline blends in the country will have some sort of an E10 mixture by 2010-2011:

- you do not have any choice except to live with it. Use it, and just replace the parts with ethanol resistant parts later.
    - convert your car to an EFi engine (engine swap, is expensive)
    - convert your car to LPG
    - sell your car and get an EFi car.

I have read articles on the Internet that in other countries, even carbed vehicles are using E10 with no effects at all.

I for one have used E10 on my ex-lancer na carbed. I just had the timing advanced a bit. And i also replaced the fuel filter more often (mura lang naman yun).

But also, my current car (which is an EFi car), still runs better on a non-E10 based fuel. But due to cost considerations, yaan ko na yung rough idling.

hth.. i would also suggest that you search the threads here in tsikot which discussed that issue. Bottomline, change is here. You cannot avoid it. Live with it. Kung baga, there is nothing to fear but fear itself and there are no actual documented experiences on having carburator damages (yet) in using such fuel. So pwedeng may effect o walang effect. It is just there staring at our faces so we do not have any choice.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mga boss, feedback po sa mga naka carb type like toyota liteace, XL, XE, etc... na nakagamit na ng E10. Halos lahat na po kasi ngayon ay may E10 na halo sa lahat ng gas station. thanks po!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    no problem whatsoever sabi ng cousin ko corolla carb. medyo iba nga daw lang amoy ng usok

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Using E10 on carburated engines isnt advisable, it could damage your engine.

I do own a corolla XL ( which has carb engine ) . Instead of taking the risk of putting E10 on it, I just sacrifice my 3 pesos per liter and take up the XCS Plus, which is pure gasoline and consider the fact that it will give me more power and less hassle.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    thanks po mga master! yoko naman magsisi bandang huli.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    up ko lang to. hirap na maghanap ngayon ng gas stations na nagbebenta ng non-e10 blended gas. sa mga nagkakarga ng e10 sa carb nila, feedback naman jan.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast