New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Overfilling the oil is bad for the engine. It will cause the oil to foam and lose its lubricating ability.

Sent from my SM-N920S using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I've seen this in youtube before, where is it available and how much is it sir? (Edit, I saw it at Shopee P2,777 and Amazon * $26, need to google the size for my car).

Is it safe? I mean, di kaya bumukas due to vibration and hindi mo ma notice since it slowly drained out of your garage.

Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Have you ever had a plug seize on you? Do you fear stripping the plug head? Do you want quick & easy oil changes w/o fear of improper torque? And yes... for hassle-free correction draining, Go Fumoto. Our cars have long been on it.Draining exess engine oil the easy way.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    I've seen this in youtube before, where is it available and how much is it sir? (Edit, I saw it at Shopee P2,777 and Amazon * $26, need to google the size for my car).

Is it safe? I mean, di kaya bumukas due to vibration and hindi mo ma notice since it slowly drained out of your garage.
    It's safe, sir. Been using these for years as we DIY our own service & maintenance. To answer your questions, here are the FAQs & answers: FAQ's | Fumoto(R) Engine Oil Drain Valves

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Thanks Sir Travajante!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Condotiere View Post
    Guys I just wanna share a little DIY I just did. O overfilled my engine oil by about 300 ml and O didnt want to drain it via the drain plug in the oil pan and refill the oil. What I did was buy the biggest syringe i could find in the drug store, attach it to a clear plastic aquarium hose then inserted it into the oil dipstick hole then suck the oil with the syringe. Repeated process until O rwmived the rigjt ammount of oil. Easy, no need to crawl under your car!

You can also quick change ATF, Power steering, and coolant this way.

But not for brake fluid

6. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    On some cars with spin on cartridge filter, you can unscrew the filter itself to bring an overserviced engine of oil down to recommended level

7. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    You can also quick change ATF, Power steering, and coolant this way.

But not for brake fluid
    You can, but just the fluid that's in the reservoir, not drain all the fluid in the system.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    this is just for sucking out excess oil maybe 150cc

coz the idiots at the casa always overfill. you're supposed to measure via dipstick after resting the engine for about 5mins. but no they kill the engine then measure immediately. of course it'll read low so they add more oil
    That's why when I bring my car in for an oil change, I just carry with me 3 liters. Sabi ko sa mekaniko ako na lang ang magdagdag later. Otherwise, ibubuhos yung buong 4 liters. In my experience, it takes 3 3/4 liters to fill up to the dipstick max level from fully drained.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    That's why when I bring my car in for an oil change, I just carry with me 3 liters. Sabi ko sa mekaniko ako na lang ang magdagdag later. Otherwise, ibubuhos yung buong 4 liters. In my experience, it takes 3 3/4 liters to fill up to the dipstick max level from fully drained.

Disclaimer:

Not all cars have capacity of 3750 cc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12