New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    2T user here on my crdi for almost a year na.. Quieter engine is the most noticeable outcome. For the soot deposit i couldnt attest on this since i still got my EGR and PCV..
    pre 2007 crdi ba yan sir? Hindi ata adviseable sa 2007 and up models yang 2T sa diesel duel AFAIK.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    pre 2007 crdi ba yan sir? Hindi ata adviseable sa 2007 and up models yang 2T sa diesel duel AFAIK.
    That may or may not be accurate for the diesels there, as they are designed to different standards vs say a US diesel engines.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    [SIZE=4]elow guyz...

Can I also add 2T oil to my 1999Hi-ace with a 1KZ-TE engine? Will it damage the turbo?

TIA...
    [/SIZE]
    Works well with any old school mechanical diesels, these are the ones that were not designed to be used with the new low sulfur diesel fuel that has been forced upon everyone. So give it a try and let us know if you can hear and feel the difference.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Dvldoc, so using anything lower than FD is fine? Best if FC?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Works well with any old school mechanical diesels, these are the ones that were not designed to be used with the new low sulfur diesel fuel that has been forced upon everyone. So give it a try and let us know if you can hear and feel the difference.
    [SIZE="4"]
    Gusto ko talaga subukan kaso nga lang talagang kinakabahan ako baka masira fuel pump at magbara yung fuel filter...Pero sige I'll give it a try...So BIG QUESTION, kung magpapakarga ako ng 50L na diesel gano karaming 2T oil ang kailangan ko?

TIA...
    [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Theres no study yet for bad effects of 2T-oil on CRDI. Some says that you can even use mineral-based 2T oil in lieu of regular diesel without damaging the engine.. Last time i checked, there are already plenty of crdi users enjoying the benefits of 2T.. My analogy is, as long as it is diesel and theres pump and fuel parts that would be better if lubricated, then 2T oil is the answer.

So far this is one of my mods the stealership wont detect, ever - because Diesel and 2T mix well.. hehe

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by erick_214 View Post
    [SIZE=4]Gusto ko talaga subukan kaso nga lang talagang kinakabahan ako baka masira fuel pump at magbara yung fuel filter...Pero sige I'll give it a try...So BIG QUESTION, kung magpapakarga ako ng 50L na diesel gano karaming 2T oil ang kailangan ko?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4]TIA...[/SIZE]
    Around 13oz of 2T

*Crazyboy

Yes you can use lower like FB or FA. FC is low ash so it burns much cleaner. Lubricaton is basically the same. For me anything to protech my injection pump in a grey market vehicle is worth it. I want max life out of my vehicle.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Around 13oz of 2T

*Crazyboy

Yes you can use lower like FB or FA. FC is low ash so it burns much cleaner. Lubricaton is basically the same. For me anything to protech my injection pump in a grey market vehicle is worth it. I want max life out of my vehicle.
    [SIZE="4"]
    Many thanks..! Try ko ito tom...Kaso nga lang may katanungan pa ako...yung motor kasi ng tito ko na 2-stroke eh nagkakaroon ng matigas na carbong deposit sa pipe niya so every year eh tinataktak niya pipe niya...possible din kaya magkaron niyan sa pipe ng diesel ride natin?
    [/SIZE]

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I don't speak Tagalog my friend, The best I can translate is that your asking about carbon deposits in your intake pipe. Add a oil catch can and it will keep your intake clean.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I don't speak Tagalog my friend, The best I can translate is that your asking about carbon deposits in your intake pipe. Add a oil catch can and it will keep your intake clean.
    I think what he's trying to say is that there is carbon build up at the echaust pipe.

Dvldoc, i have been using FB grade for the past few months. Will try to look for FC grade this time

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel