Page 3 of 186 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    is it compatible with CRDI engines? sorry po, just a newbie here

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kutangbato View Post
    is it compatible with CRDI engines? sorry po, just a newbie here
    Yes it is, Some 2007 and up U.S and European models that are ULSD complaint cannot use it, None of the vehicles there that I know of fall into that group.

Just follow the correct mixing ratios. Injection pumps are expensive to replace, best to take care of them. Also using bio-diesel is a big help.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    I think what he's trying to say is that there is carbon build up at the echaust pipe.

Dvldoc, i have been using FB grade for the past few months. Will try to look for FC grade this time
    [SIZE="4"]
    Yap, that's right...Coz in 2-stroke motorcycles you would see some carbon deposits on the exhaust pipe which hardens in time...It looks like a hard charcoal...I'm worried that it might accumulate in the pipe and it's gonna be really difficult to remove...Have you ever experienced that?
    [/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    From what i understand, carbon deposits in the form of burned oil in 2-stroke motor is due to incomplete combustion. Comparing that to 4-stroke motor, you could seldom see any gunk in the pipe.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by rmpmla View Post
    Yup I also add 2T on my diesel fuel. I'm using the 1:200 ratio.

Correct me if my interpretation is not right coz i use 200ml 2T for 40 liters of diesel fuel.

so, 1 liter 2T: 200 liter diesel or 0.5 liter 2T : 100 liter diesel
    or 0.25liter 2T : 50 liter diesel, thus 0.2 liter 2T : 40 liter diesel
    or 200mL 2T : 40 liter diesel.

if you use 0.8ml 2T: 1 liter diesel or 0.0008 liter 2T : 1 liter diesel or
    0.08 liter 2T : 100 liter diesel or 0.16 liter 2T : 200 liter diesel
    thus 1 liter 2T : 1250 liter diesel.
    This is my exact computation. But because I'm a bit of a conservative I used 100ml first for 40li

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    seems there are definitely a lot of upsides in adding 2T, will try it out on my rig.

though I have read somewhere that you may risk leaky injectors? has anyone experienced this with long term use of 2T?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GOTCH*! View Post
    seems there are definitely a lot of upsides in adding 2T, will try it out on my rig.

though I have read somewhere that you may risk leaky injectors? has anyone experienced this with long term use of 2T?
    It's only a lubercant, It will not cause your injectors to leak just like using bio diesel would not.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Stumbled upon this as I was reading up on the topic.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=40981

Last few pages is where it gets interesting. Same scenario as we have here. Problem is not really the lack of lubricity of ULSD as I don't think even the boutique diesels of Shell and Petron are even LSD - it's the quality of diesel and the presence of water, "extenders", and dirt.

Will definitely try 2T on my next fill-up.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyXIII View Post
    Stumbled upon this as I was reading up on the topic.

http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...ad.php?t=40981

Last few pages is where it gets interesting. Same scenario as we have here. Problem is not really the lack of lubricity of ULSD as I don't think even the boutique diesels of Shell and Petron are even LSD - it's the quality of diesel and the presence of water, "extenders", and dirt.

Will definitely try 2T on my next fill-up.
    A good high quality fuel filter with water separator also helps out a lot. OEM is not going to cut it for anything smaller than 40 microns. If your out of the oppressive warranty get a Donaldson, Fleetguard or Baldwin replacement, They are all around 95% to 97% efficient at 20 microns efficiency and filter down to 5 to 2 microns absolute which is about 4 times better than any OEM fuel filter.

If you don't mind the big pieces of grit going through your injection pump and nozzle stick with OEM Not to mention they are cheaper than OEM. With the fuel quality there 25K is what I will keeping my fuel filter changes at.
    Last edited by dvldoc; April 23rd, 2011 at 11:26 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Been using 2T since February 2010 on my 93 patrol safari.
    I first read this in australian forums, they are using mineral based 2T as additive to diesel to compensate the ULSD. Tried it myself and to my surprise, their claim was indeed true.

My engine runs smoother, more quiet than with out 2T. After filling up using the 1:200 ratio it took a few kilometers driving before I felt the effect. But after that it was really day and night!

I thought it was placebo so I tried not using 2T. Then after a while my engine was back to where it was before I used 2T. Noisier, that sounds like 10 small people hammering the engine block...

So now I'm a believer 2T is good! BTW my exhaust does not give out smoke even at high speed. Though I do not look at the emmissions result.

Problema lang sa pag karga ng 2T mas matagal magpa karga sa gas stations! Ayaw lagyan ng gas boys eh kasi pang motor daw yun! haha! nagpapa alam pa sa kung sinong supervisor kahit sinabi ko na na ikarga ang 2T sa tanke bago kargahan ng diesel :D

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel