New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mangyan View Post
    sir dieseldude,
    I have this problem since i acquired my 2002 strada. Sort of a factory defect. The problem is whenever I am traversing a slope ( 10 degrees in my inclinometer), I am losing power especially from a halt. Parang mamatayan ako ng engine. What i do is apply my handbrake and rev my engine up to 2k then let go my handbrake to accelerate. Sabi ng mekaniko ko, kulang daw sa galit ang makina pag nire-rev. Medyo ipina-advance ko ang timing at medyo nakatulong kaso maingay ang makina at malakas sa diesel. what is supposed to be the problem? Thanks in advance.
    You should have requested Mitsubishi for warranty support when you first noticed this problem. But I guess this is now too late.

I have the following questions:
    1) Did you increase tire size?
    2) Do you have an automatic transmission, which may not be downshifting to first gear?
    3) Does your engine smoke a lot when you're losing power?
    4) Has anyone tampered with your injection pump's adjustments?
    5) Have you checked your brake adjustments? Brakes could be sticking.
    6) Have you tried replacing your fuel and air filters?

Your anwsers to these questions may help in diagnosing your problem.
    You can also bring your Strada to us for evaluation. This is free of charge.

Best regards,

Dirseldude

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    good day sir dieseldude,

inquiry lng po bossing: just acquired a 2ndhand m/t tdic starex w/ 73k odo reading, just recently i noticed emission of black smoke when i rev up frm 2500 beyond. it was newly changed oil, newly replaced air filter- does it has to do with the injection system kaya ganun? ok nman yung hatak nya aftr machange-oil, medyo nagpino nga takbo ng makina saka ramdam pa din yung hataw kpg pumalo sa 2k-2.5k rpm.
    btw, it was casa maintained b4 i got it, as the receipts prove it. napansin ko lng sa 50000 & 60000 pms nkalagay sa receipt: SST applied to adjust injection pump timing, was this enough to solve such emission?
    klangan ko na bng patingnan o pacalibrate yun pump ko? san nga po pala location ng shop nyo?
    hoping for your enlightening response....
    thanks very much

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shanejc View Post
    good day sir dieseldude,

inquiry lng po bossing: just acquired a 2ndhand m/t tdic starex w/ 73k odo reading, just recently i noticed emission of black smoke when i rev up frm 2500 beyond. it was newly changed oil, newly replaced air filter- does it has to do with the injection system kaya ganun? ok nman yung hatak nya aftr machange-oil, medyo nagpino nga takbo ng makina saka ramdam pa din yung hataw kpg pumalo sa 2k-2.5k rpm.
    btw, it was casa maintained b4 i got it, as the receipts prove it. napansin ko lng sa 50000 & 60000 pms nkalagay sa receipt: SST applied to adjust injection pump timing, was this enough to solve such emission?
    klangan ko na bng patingnan o pacalibrate yun pump ko? san nga po pala location ng shop nyo?
    hoping for your enlightening response....
    thanks very much
    Only two things you have to be sure of:
    1) Did you use an original air filter? Some replacement filters restrict air to the engine. Insufficient air will result in black smoke.
    2) Make sure that your injection pump to engine timing is on spec.

If you are sure about these things, it his highly possible that calibration of your fuel injection pump and injectors may cure your problem.

Bye,

Dieseldude

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sir DieselDude,

Hope you can help me out with a problem that I have with my van. I own a starex 2k that runs sluggish. I want to ask how do you advance the timing of the injector pump?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by diy-er View Post
    Sir DieselDude,

Hope you can help me out with a problem that I have with my van. I own a starex 2k that runs sluggish. I want to ask how do you advance the timing of the injector pump?
    I don't recommend altering the injection pump timing as this normally does not change. You can do the following:
    1) Replace the air filter with an original one.
    2) Replace the fuel filter.
    3) Check accelerator linkages and cable. Injection pump throttle lever should touch the maximum speed adjusting screw when the accelerator pedal is fully depressed.

By the way does your Starex discharge a lot of black smoke?

If you still have low power after performing steps 1 to 3, I suggest that you bring your van to an authorized diesel service shop. We can correct your problem.

Bye,

Dieseldude

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Good day sir dieseldude!!!

What are the signs that the magnetic shut off switch of the injector pump has to be replaced? Our ride (hilander 97) just conked out in the middle of the road this morning and this was the culprit found by the mechanic. Of course this caused us a lot of trouble but for the benefit of the other forumers, any shared information on this is greatly appreciated.

TIA

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by boy astig View Post
    Good day sir dieseldude!!!

What are the signs that the magnetic shut off switch of the injector pump has to be replaced? Our ride (hilander 97) just conked out in the middle of the road this morning and this was the culprit found by the mechanic. Of course this caused us a lot of trouble but for the benefit of the other forumers, any shared information on this is greatly appreciated.

TIA
    Magnetic shut-off valves are normally used on rotary (VE type) pumps. This is located on top of the rotor head, at the rear of the injection pump. More common vehicle applications are Pajeros, Hilanders, Toyota FX, and the older Starex vans, etc.

A good shut-off valve allows fuel to be routed to the rotor head for pumping to the injectors. A failed electric shut-off valve will not allow a start as fuel cannot reach the rotor head.

Shut-off valves are built to last and don't often fail. A more common problem is a broken positive wire connection from the ignition switch to the shut-off valve. This wire has to be checked for breaks and for presence of battery voltage prior to magnetic valve replacement.

Btw, internal injection pump failure, or engine-related failures can also result in a no-start condition.

Bye,

Dieseldude

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Thank you Sir Dieseldude

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jvandanne View Post
    in new turbo diesels right now, is there any special maintenance you need to do for the turbo and intercooler?
    a turbo timer to minimize lag and to prevent premature wear usually associated with lubrication when shutting down abruptly.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir does central diesel have the equipment to calibrate nissan patrol's common rail injection pump year model 2002 president edition.? mas mura po ba kayo sa casa?

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk